Rumoured Lineup - Two Holding Strikers

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Rumoured Lineup - Two Holding Strikers

Post by YUJAM »

Hmm interesting. The only reason for this line-up would be to combat Iceland's aerial threat. But if that were the case why not include Ndidi who is very strong aerially?
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

YUJAM wrote:Hmm interesting. The only reason for this line-up would be to combat Iceland's aerial threat. But if that were the case why not include Ndidi who is very strong aerially?
I think it's a deliberate attempt at deceiving the opposition. Rohr whined bitterly about his lineup leaking before the Croatia game.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

green4life wrote:180 million naija coaches and each has a different lineup. What’s new? :lol: ... Get behind your country and quit whining like babies. Bunch of clowns.
you dey mind them.. big clown, with nothing better to do :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

fabio wrote:
niyi wrote:
1naija wrote:Is Ndidi injured?
I don't think so. No injuries reported.
It has to do with match fitness, which Peterside alluded too
I noticed he wasn't as mobile as he normally would be in the game against Croatia.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Synopsis wrote:I think this lineup isn’t legit. Colin wouldn’t leak a lineup after what happened to Samm Audu.
I don't believe it's legit either
To stop trying is to start dying
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Why can't he use Ogu? Onazi is a red card guy and am really scared.

This our coach is really a confused man, hope he knows what he is doing.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

All Rohr talks about is learning for the 2022 world Cup. How can our young players learn when most of the starting 11 will be over 30 by the time the 2022 World Cup begins?

Ighalo 33
Mikel 34
Onazi 30 (34 real age)
Simy 30
Moses 32
Balogun 33
Echiejile 34
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

osita wrote:Why can't he use Ogu? Onazi is a red card guy and am really scared.

The coach is not confused. He knows what he want to do. The fans are the confused ones. They wouldn't let the person hired to do the job do it and they foolishly go bonkers over rumored lineup...With that said, it is a shame, a damn shame if you ask me...smh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

Robbynice wrote:

The coach is not confused. He knows what he want to do. The fans are the confused ones. They wouldn't let the person hired to do the job do it and they foolishly go bonkers over rumored lineup...With that said, it is a shame, a damn shame if you ask me...smh
Ok, fair point. Oya what do you have to say about what the coach is doing? If he is not confused, then 180 million fans should fold their arms and watch him lose all 3 games without even trying because that is what the rubbish FIFA ranking predicted?
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

niyi wrote:Looks like a bad joke... let's hope it's owngoal being owngoal.

Being confirmed by Colin Udoh.
That line-up looks like a straight forward 4-4-2 for me. Certainly more adventurous than the crap 4-2-3-1 holding formation favoured by Rohr till now. Mikel and Onazi will have to work like dogs all day long. Moses may start on the right while Etebo rolls from the left. Frankly, I don't think Iwobi is as key as so many folks feel. We saw him in Barnet when Mikel was absent and he did not impress. Anyone calling Iwobi a playmaker is making a sentimental decision.
Last edited by Goldleaf on Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BREAKING GOSSIP ON ICELAND LINE UP

Post by green4life »

Chriskendo43 wrote:Sack him if he fail to win tomorrow and qualify to Quater final
Lol. Since when did you qualify for quarterfinals? :lol:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

He did not play well in the first match, could be he was not fully fit or fully recovered from his injury.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

oloye wrote:
He did not play well in the first match, could be he was not fully fit or fully recovered from his injury.
However he played was not as bad as Onazi has been playing. Lets see sha...hope for the best but I'm realistic and the truth is our team is not very good.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
it pained me to see Ndidi like that, I no go lie. :( The way that croat midfielder dribbled him, a few minutes before their first goal (or was it the second), kai!! I have never seen Ndidi done like that before! I couldnt believe it was him, i kept on lying to myself that it was Shehu. We need him match fit, so the more games he plays, the better.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote:This has to be a joke. This simi is tall for nothing until he scores for Nigeria. He has not impressed me at all.
+1

I guess he is doing something in training. But he looks awkward.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin
starting lineup against Iceland

Post by nanijoe »

This is from KickOff Chief's twitter page:

Projected #NGA Starting XI for #ISL game in Volgograd
Uzoho, Ebuehi, Echiejile, Ekong, Balogun; Onazi, Etebo, Mikel; Moses, Ighalo, Simi
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote:Although Ndidi disappointed me, painfully, in the Croatia game, he is our best midfielder. He hasnt played a lot in 2 months, so clearly he wasnt match fit. Dropping his is foolish.

As for Simy. We need his height to defend set pieces! We desperately need his height out there.
I think he is starting primarily for his height against set pieces.
I don't want to see him being out jumped by a midget o... not that Iceland has any.

I won't be surprised to see Etebo operate from the left flank either.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
bully12
Egg
Egg
Re: BREAKING GOSSIP ON ICELAND LINE UP

Post by bully12 »

If Shehu starts again ove Ebuehi it means there is something does not meet the eyes. Then it explains the conundrum why Onyekuru was outrageously omitted from the team. I know of fans will understand but rather play ostrich and be expedient not to rock the boat
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

green4life wrote:180 million naija coaches and each has a different lineup. What’s new? :lol: ... Get behind your country and quit whining like babies. Bunch of clowns.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Bros...we're not convinced that the coach has the same goals as we do
Robbynice wrote:

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: starting lineup against Iceland

Post by maceo4 »

nanijoe wrote:This is from KickOff Chief's twitter page:

Uzoho, Ebuehi, Echiejile, Ekong, Balogun; Onazi, Etebo, Mikel; Moses, Ighalo, Simi
All the coaches in the house, can anyone draw out how these players would line up, would Simi or Ighalo be on the wing? Where/how does Moses play? I no know book o...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:

All the coaches in the house, can anyone draw out how these players would line up, would Simi or Ighalo be on the wing? Where/how does Moses play? I no know book o...
Isn't Simi taller than Uzoho? i suspect he will be starting in goal. Afterall he plays in a bigger club. Simi would have anticipated that Etebo deflection and made the save.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

maceo4 wrote:

Maybe a traditional 4-4-2 with Etebo and Moses are playing as LWM and RWM and Simy and Ighalo up front. Like I said though, I think (and hope) it's a fake lineup
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!