Nigeria 2 - 0 Iceland:(Musa x 2)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Nigeria 2 - 0 Iceland:(Musa x 2)

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]

Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria - Iceland: Iceland - Pre-Match PC

Post by maceo4 »

Nigerian one has Francis Uzoho
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

[/video]
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

please change the title. I've posted the Nigerian conference
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
FIFA World Cup™ 2018: Nigeria - Iceland: Nigeria - Pre-Match

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]

Uzoho
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Rohr sounding like Odas - "I tell you, we will not lose"
Super Eagus 4 Life!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

maceo4 wrote:Rohr sounding like Odas - "I tell you, we will not lose"
I think he goes by looking at how many star players the other team has.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i now understand what he means by saying we don't have big players.. He has a point. it maybe a way to make the players humble . Actually Rohr isn't that bad
SuperEagles

niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

When asked why Mikel is being played as a 10, Rohr responded that Mikel has played in that position for 2 years and if he changed his position for the Croatia match people would have criticized that decision.

But Rohr had 2/3 friendlies to practice formations and try players. He played with the same game in both games and started the match against Croatia with the same team that played the first half vs England (sans Obi and Onazi). What we have is a man who doesn't ever change his lineups even when it's obvious it's not working.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

niyi wrote:When asked why Mikel is being played as a 10, Rohr responded that Mikel has played in that position for 2 years and if he changed his position for the Croatia match people would have criticized that decision.

But Rohr had 2/3 friendlies to practice formations and try players. He played with the same game in both games and started the match against Croatia with the same team that played the first half vs England (sans Obi and Onazi). What we have is a man who doesn't ever change his lineups even when it's obvious it's not working.
e don do, lets see what happens tomorrow, you people like to drag irrelevant things..my goodness .. move on and enjoy the worldcup..we aren't going to win it anytime soon
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
niyi wrote:When asked why Mikel is being played as a 10, Rohr responded that Mikel has played in that position for 2 years and if he changed his position for the Croatia match people would have criticized that decision.

e don do, lets see what happens tomorrow, you people are like to drag irrelevant things..my goodness .. move on and enjoy the worldcup..we aren't going to win it anytime soon
Eh we may not win the world cup but we should be winning winnable games or at the very least expect our coach to organize the team such that we play to our strengths.

Regardless I'll watch the game, support the team and enjoy the world cup. But I'll never support obvious bad decisions by the coach.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Bigpokey's own starting lineup vs Iceland

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Uzoho in goal
Mike Obi, Obi Mikel , John Mikel
Mikel ,

Boywonder, Captain Nigeria , Supereagles

assurance

[/video]
SuperEagles

charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Bigpokey24 wrote:i now understand what he means by saying we don't have big players.. He has a point. it maybe a way to make the players humble . Actually Rohr isn't that bad
Very Wise comment.
We might not want to hear it, but this team is being built for longevity, not as a splash and dash.

I know that many Nigerians always expect to be world beaters overnight. That is just not how reality works.

I think we will be fine, regardless of what happens during this WC. I have seen huge improvements in our organization, solidarity and concentration levels. We just need to play with more confidence and I really believe like Rohr that results will start coming our way (like they did during the qualification series).
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
charlie
Egg
Egg
Re: FIFA World Cup™ 2018: Nigeria - Iceland: Nigeria - Pre-M

Post by charlie »

BTW, why do Nigerian journalists always ask the most stupid questions?
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Is the guy still talking about FIFA World Cup Academy learning stuff again...??? :veryangry: :veryangry:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

niyi wrote:[/video]
Hmmm

First, very impressive interview by Francis Odinaka Uzoho. The boy seems quite steady and composed. He knows the tradition of goalkeepers before him and I suspect Uzoho will be our keeper for the next 10 years at least. I am particularly impressed on how he swept aside Dele Alampasu who was ahead of him in 2013. Just goes to show that those who develop quickly will get their chance.

Now to Rohr, Gernot Rohr always comes across presenting a case of a half empty glass. Using reverse psychology, he downplays our chances and give an impression that we should be under-rated, giving emphasis to our low FIFA ranking. I am sure most of his audience who know us don't buy into his mindset. But, what Rohr is doing is well versed a european thing because europeans use mind games to push the pressure onto the opposition. But how can this be playing out with nigerians and the players? We nigerians are always full of chest thumping bravado promising far more that we can deliver. We can only pray that the players understands Rohr's reverse psychology and do not lose confidence. I suspect if Rohr lives in Nigeria for the next 5 years, his reverse psychology thing will be in his dustbin. I just hope it is not affecting the players negatively.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

charlie wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:i now understand what he means by saying we don't have big players.. He has a point. it maybe a way to make the players humble . Actually Rohr isn't that bad
Very Wise comment.
We might not want to hear it, but this team is being built for longevity, not as a splash and dash.

I know that many Nigerians always expect to be world beaters overnight. That is just not how reality works.

I think we will be fine, regardless of what happens during this WC. I have seen huge improvements in our organization, solidarity and concentration levels. We just need to play with more confidence and I really believe like Rohr that results will start coming our way (like they did during the qualification series).
I can only speak for myself, but I was expecting us to be competitive not necessarily world beaters as our team is clearly lacking creative players. Even an Emenike or Osaze we don’t even have. But let’s at least maximize what we do have and play to our strengths as a young team. Does it make sense for a so called young team to be moving the ball slowly with no energy no drive no desire? But we’ve seen the likes of Iran, Morocco even Saudi Arabi move the ball around much faster and with much more purpose than our so called young team who all play like pedestrian big men.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

maceo4 wrote:
charlie wrote:
Very Wise comment.

I can only speak for myself, but I was expecting us to be competitive not necessarily world beaters as our team is clearly lacking creative players. Even an Emenike or Osaze we don’t even have. But let’s at least maximize what we do have and play to our strengths as a young team. Does it make sense for a so called young team to be moving the ball slowly with no energy no drive no desire? But we’ve seen the likes of Iran, Morocco even Saudi Arabi move the ball around much faster and with much more purpose than our so called young team who all play like pedestrian big men.
We've only played one game, against a better opponent (lets be frank). Lets wait and see how we respond in the next game before we make generalizations.

Thats my opinion.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:
charlie wrote:
Very Wise comment.

mace , the next time you quote someone who is under my blocked list( the guy is a jinx, so he got blocked) i will add you to that list..take this as a friendly warning
SuperEagles

ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

We have a developing team - that much we understand. I personally am hoping we win, but not necessarily expecting us to. What I would like to see is some of the fight and drive that characterises us as Nigerians. A loss will be much easier to take if I see those qualities. The most disappointing thing in the loss to Croatia was the total lack of personality. It may not be our time (we are young, yes?), but please at the very least show us a glimpse of a glorious future. All the best to the SE.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: mace , the next time you quote someone who is under my blocked list( the guy is a jinx, so he got blocked) i will add you to that list..take this as a friendly warning
Lol you do it all the time to me men and I no vex you. Abeg accept my apology.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Just saw this from KOC
ONAZI? Moving NDIDI to the bench?????

SIMY up front instead of Kelechi????

No Iwobi???

I hope KOC is wrong with his projected lineup and that Rohr fooled reporters that watched them train this week... but if not

--------------------------------------------
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Lineup is out

I guess Rohr can't get everything right. We get Kelechi but also Musa over Iwobi.

--------------------------------------------