Nigeria 2 - 0 Iceland:(Musa x 2)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 2 - 0 Iceland:(Musa x 2)

Post by realtrouble »

Cellular wrote:I no want to be killjoy but Moses has had 2 pedestrian games if not horrible games for Naija.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

He had one assist now
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

folem wrote:
uglyoneiamagain wrote:
unlikely but a lot has been the case in this WC as was their match with Argentina. if they lose by a margin of 3 goals or more by fielding their second team or being laid back and Nigeria pull off a similar win same, it could happen is all I am saying an not as improbable actually going by things in this WC.

Need to clarify if there's a head to head pull all the same.
Its GD before H2H in this world cup.

Thanks a lot.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

folem wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:One question though...how come our players often fail to disguise their shots? The Icelandic defenders blocked our shots many times because our players made their intentions clear.
Did you see Musa disguised shots in the play for the second goal?

Oga, Musa did, and it resulted in a goal. The others did not at critical shooting situations, so their shots got blocked. You just made my point.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cellular wrote:
Mister Dolly wrote:Okay guys...give Rohr some props!! He made the demanded changes and his boys responded well!! Kudos to our defence!! Save for the Ebuehi error they were more disciplined today!!

To start the game.

His in game adjustment is still VERY slow. Etebo had an off game. Should have been replaced much earlier by Iwobi. And Moses was very pedestrian.
I liked that he saw that Idowu wasnt offering us anything either defensively or offensively.

But he needs to work on being timely with the subs.

Iwobi is an enigma. I don't think Rohr knows what he's getting on a given day with Iwobi. If he comes in earlier and plays like he's out of it, do you sub him out?

But I agree with timely subs. The problem is that who is competent enough, and with the work rate of Etebo to play that position? At least Etebo gives you some hustle even when he is off (his passing, etc).

As much as I love Iwobi, I see offensive output, but he doesn't put enough in defensively. Maybe because of how coach deploys him...
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Congrats to the boys, coach, AND NFF. You did us proud!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Etebo needs to change his agent.How can a player that good sign for Stoke City.He doesnt deserve to play in the second division.I bet he(agent) got a large chunk of money from that deal
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Mister Dolly wrote:Okay guys...give Rohr some props!! He made the demanded changes and his boys responded well!! Kudos to our defence!! Save for the Ebuehi error they were more disciplined today!!

To start the game.

His in game adjustment is still VERY slow. Etebo had an off game. Should have been replaced much earlier by Iwobi. And Moses was very pedestrian.
I liked that he saw that Idowu wasnt offering us anything either defensively or offensively.

Iwobi is an enigma. I don't think Rohr knows what he's getting on a given day with Iwobi. If he comes in earlier and plays like he's out of it, do you sub him out?

But I agree with timely subs. The problem is that who is competent enough, and with the work rate of Etebo to play that position? At least Etebo gives you some hustle even when he is off (his passing, etc).

As much as I love Iwobi, I see offensive output, but he doesn't put enough in defensively. Maybe because of how coach deploys him...
That's the aspect of his game he needs to work on to become a much more rounded player. Even when he came on in his limited minutes he was jogging to get into defensive position.

I think he is one heck of a sub to have up your sleeve.

Will start him once he starts being consistent defensively.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Thunder wrote:
oloye wrote:Let us not even debate the penalty it was stone cold and VAR confirmed it. The easiest way to get a penalty is to put your body in front of your opponent,,if such is clumsy he would enter the trap. I saw it coming and I was praying Ebuehi won't put the leg forward..as soon as he did I put my hands on.my head.
In law, the Icelander jumped in while Ebuehi leg was already in motion. Watch again.
I know he jumped in and that is the oldest trick in the book. As long as you don't get the ball and you get the opponents leg ,it is a foul. Let us not waste time here...the VAR also confirmed it..are you saying you know the rule more than about 10 match officials who reviewed it? I do not even need a VAR to know it was a penalty. The minute the ref agreed to look at the VAR I knew that outcome. Lets us not waste time over nothing...jumping or no jumping the striker has every right to run into the space.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

These are the sort of arguments i hope to see in the next game. One in which we have won the game ...and oloye is voltroning for the losers aka opponents... Yes we Can!!!!!!
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Thunder wrote:
oloye wrote:Let us not even debate the penalty it was stone cold and VAR confirmed it. The easiest way to get a penalty is to put your body in front of your opponent,,if such is clumsy he would enter the trap. I saw it coming and I was praying Ebuehi won't put the leg forward..as soon as he did I put my hands on.my head.
In law, the Icelander jumped in while Ebuehi leg was already in motion. Watch again.
Inlaw ko, neigbours ni :tic: Pen any day of the week
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

pajimoh wrote:
Thunder wrote:
Inlaw ko, neigbours ni :tic: Pen any day of the week
:lol: Abeg help me tell my in-law
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

bk-one wrote:Etebo needs to change his agent.How can a player that good sign for Stoke City.He doesnt deserve to play in the second division.I bet he(agent) got a large chunk of money from that deal
The cream always rises to the top.

Top clubs will be paying over the odds for his signature if he keeps his head down and does the necessary.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Can understand a player brought up in Nigeria to conceed that cheap penalty but a player who came through the ranks in Holland, what was he excuse for that rash tackle? Especially under no pressure whatsoever

After everything all said and done, i dont care how far Iceland have come in world football, they should not be beating a Nigerian team, Rohr has definitely changed our approach, its like we are s ared to play, ever so cautious!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

oloye wrote:
Thunder wrote:
I know he jumped in and that is the oldest trick in the book. As long as you don't get the ball and you get the opponents leg ,it is a foul. Let us not waste time here...the VAR also confirmed it..are you saying you know the rule more than about 10 match officials who reviewed it? I do not even need a VAR to know it was a penalty. The minute the ref agreed to look at the VAR I knew that outcome. Lets us not waste time over nothing...jumping or no jumping the striker has every right to run into the space.
Short pass and lack of concentration. That is the lesson that has to be learned. You cannot switch off.

As Tbite mentioned, the short pass is a concern. Better to overshoot/put the ball out than pass short. But, once the mistake is made, they need to be switched on enough to know it is damage limitation time, rather than panic and act on reflex.
There'll be time enough for counting, when the dealing's done..

https://voca.ro/1dk47QJEvGY2
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

sinequanon wrote:
oloye wrote:
Thunder wrote:
Short pass and lack of concentration. That is the lesson that has to be learned. You cannot switch off.

As Tbite mentioned, the short pass is a concern. Better to overshoot/put the ball out than pass short. But, once the mistake is made, they need to be switched on enough to know it is damage limitation time, rather than panic and act on reflex.
Kpom!

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Bunch of 2face Naijarians :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Uzoho this, Musa that, Omeruo and Etebo are Trash....................All of a sudden una don turn Fan Boyz.

How I so wish we can block some people from writing trash during the game on here.

Stop all this fair-weather supporting...............U either with us or Fvuk off :curse: :curse: :curse:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

100%Naija wrote:These are the sort of arguments i hope to see in the next game. One in which we have won the game ...and oloye is voltroning for the losers aka opponents... Yes we Can!!!!!!
Omo the thing weak me oo, :taunt:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

fabio wrote:
wale1974 wrote:All Musa haters can go hug transformer :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Transformer!!!! you are nice...
Imagine................All these fat belle people here abusing a person fighting for Naija.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cellular wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cellular wrote:

To start the game.

That's the aspect of his game he needs to work on to become a much more rounded player. Even when he came on in his limited minutes he was jogging to get into defensive position.

I think he is one heck of a sub to have up your sleeve.

Will start him once he starts being consistent defensively.
I think say na only me notice am. Supposed to be the freshest player on the pitch. This is one of the things I critiqued him for in the past, but Waffi said he was playing through injuries. I don't like his attitude of immediately dropping his head and jogging after losing the ball. What is paining me is that the boy is VERY talented.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

wale1974 wrote:Bunch of 2face Naijarians :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Uzoho this, Musa that, Omeruo and Etebo are Trash....................All of a sudden una don turn Fan Boyz.

How I so wish we can block some people from writing trash during the game on here.

Stop all this fair-weather supporting...............U either with us or Fvuk off :curse: :curse: :curse:
Yep, these people are NOT supporters.

They're only here to share in the glory IF there is any. As soon as things are not perfect and there is no glory for them to bask in, they immediately turn into HATERS and can't wait to drive the last nail in the coffin. They offer no support when things are rough. The likes of Marko epitomizes these people.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

metalalloy wrote:
Anyone debating that pk has no knowledge of the rules of football.
Dem plenty here
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Orion wrote:
wale1974 wrote:Bunch of 2face Naijarians :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yep, these people are NOT supporters.

They're only here to share in the glory IF there is any. As soon as things are not perfect and there is no glory for them to bask in, they immediately turn into HATERS and can't wait to drive the last nail in the coffin. They offer no support when things are rough. The likes of Marko epitomizes these people.

Since you called me out, i will defend myself! Yes the super eagles sucked in the 1st half, i am not scared to call them out, there seem to be no pattern to their game

You are not going to win the world cup beating the likes of Iceland, this is a fact, a team from Nigeria should never struggle against any icelandic team, dont care how far they are in far world football

There are still many glaring mistakes that the team has to fix, one example was that cheap penalty under no pressure, against a better team, they would have scored and the pressure might be too much

Yes Musa scored 2 world class goals and he redeemed himself in the 2nd half, i will admit that anyday!

There is still work to be done, only a fool will believe we have arrived! Argentina now believe they have been handed a lifeline and will do anything hook or crook to beat Nigeria

They will have to fight for another 90 minutes to get a result!

I have been supporting SE since the late 80s when i came to Nigeria, been on CE since day 1

Sorry i am not here to #$% lick, i will criticise when i feel the need to, the truth is Nigeria has under achieved on the international level, go check the stats at the world cup, it is terrible, for a country of 180 million, we should be performing better

Remember what i said, i am not here to #$% lick, il speak my mind irrespective!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

marko wrote:Can understand a player brought up in Nigeria to conceed that cheap penalty but a player who came through the ranks in Holland, what was he excuse for that rash tackle? Especially under no pressure whatsoever

After everything all said and done, i dont care how far Iceland have come in world football, they should not be beating a Nigerian team, Rohr has definitely changed our approach, its like we are s ared to play, ever so cautious!
SO HE IS THE FIRST EUROPE BORN PLAYER TO CHOP PK :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

NAWA FOR SO PEOPLE ON HERE :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: