Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:49 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:42 pm
Posts: 23923
Location: Ikeja
Orion wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
Bunch of 2face Naijarians :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Uzoho this, Musa that, Omeruo and Etebo are Trash....................All of a sudden una don turn Fan Boyz.

How I so wish we can block some people from writing trash during the game on here.

Stop all this fair-weather supporting...............U either with us or Fvuk off :curse: :curse: :curse:

Yep, these people are NOT supporters.

They're only here to share in the glory IF there is any. As soon as things are not perfect and there is no glory for them to bask in, they immediately turn into HATERS and can't wait to drive the last nail in the coffin. They offer no support when things are rough. The likes of Marko epitomizes these people.


Very Sad Bro

_________________
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:26 am
Posts: 4944
Location: Oke Langbodo
wale1974 wrote:
Bunch of 2face Naijarians :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Uzoho this, Musa that, Omeruo and Etebo are Trash....................All of a sudden una don turn Fan Boyz.

How I so wish we can block some people from writing trash during the game on here.

Stop all this fair-weather supporting...............U either with us or Fvuk off :curse: :curse: :curse:

No mind them :lol: :clap:

_________________
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:42 pm
Posts: 23923
Location: Ikeja
marko wrote:
Orion wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
Bunch of 2face Naijarians :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Uzoho this, Musa that, Omeruo and Etebo are Trash....................All of a sudden una don turn Fan Boyz.

How I so wish we can block some people from writing trash during the game on here.

Stop all this fair-weather supporting...............U either with us or Fvuk off :curse: :curse: :curse:

Yep, these people are NOT supporters.

They're only here to share in the glory IF there is any. As soon as things are not perfect and there is no glory for them to bask in, they immediately turn into HATERS and can't wait to drive the last nail in the coffin. They offer no support when things are rough. The likes of Marko epitomizes these people.



Since you called me out, i will defend myself! Yes the super eagles sucked in the 1st half, i am not scared to call them out, there seem to be no pattern to their game

You are not going to win the world cup beating the likes of Iceland, this is a fact, a team from Nigeria should never struggle against any icelandic team, dont care how far they are in far world football

There are still many glaring mistakes that the team has to fix, one example was that cheap penalty under no pressure, against a better team, they would have scored and the pressure might be too much

Yes Musa scored 2 world class goals and he redeemed himself in the 2nd half, i will admit that anyday!

There is still work to be done, only a fool will believe we have arrived! Argentina now believe they have been handed a lifeline and will do anything hook or crook to beat Nigeria

They will have to fight for another 90 minutes to get a result!

I have been supporting SE since the late 80s when i came to Nigeria, been on CE since day 1

Sorry i am not here to #$% lick, i will criticise when i feel the need to, the truth is Nigeria has under achieved on the international level, go check the stats at the world cup, it is terrible, for a country of 180 million, we should be performing better

Remember what i said, i am not here to #$% lick, il speak my mind irrespective!


Have you even played or coached this game before?

_________________
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:41 pm
Posts: 9314
marko wrote:
Orion wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
Bunch of 2face Naijarians :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Uzoho this, Musa that, Omeruo and Etebo are Trash....................All of a sudden una don turn Fan Boyz.

How I so wish we can block some people from writing trash during the game on here.

Stop all this fair-weather supporting...............U either with us or Fvuk off :curse: :curse: :curse:

Yep, these people are NOT supporters.

They're only here to share in the glory IF there is any. As soon as things are not perfect and there is no glory for them to bask in, they immediately turn into HATERS and can't wait to drive the last nail in the coffin. They offer no support when things are rough. The likes of Marko epitomizes these people.



Since you called me out, i will defend myself! Yes the super eagles sucked in the 1st half, i am not scared to call them out, there seem to be no pattern to their game

You are not going to win the world cup beating the likes of Iceland, this is a fact, a team from Nigeria should never struggle against any icelandic team, dont care how far they are in far world football

There are still many glaring mistakes that the team has to fix, one example was that cheap penalty under no pressure, against a better team, they would have scored and the pressure might be too much

Yes Musa scored 2 world class goals and he redeemed himself in the 2nd half, i will admit that anyday!

There is still work to be done, only a fool will believe we have arrived! Argentina now believe they have been handed a lifeline and will do anything hook or crook to beat Nigeria

They will have to fight for another 90 minutes to get a result!

I have been supporting SE since the late 80s when i came to Nigeria, been on CE since day 1

Sorry i am not here to #$% lick, i will criticise when i feel the need to, the truth is Nigeria has under achieved on the international level, go check the stats at the world cup, it is terrible, for a country of 180 million, we should be performing better

Remember what i said, i am not here to #$% lick, il speak my mind irrespective!

So, you admit you're ONLY here for the good times. As soon as things are not perfect you become the biggest hater and want to kill the whole thing off?

Guess what, if everyone was like you, there would be no SE. There would be no Cyber Eagles for you to come and enjoy. Remember that.

CE was created and is being maintained, for you to come and enjoy, by REAL fans. By people who are still gonna be here fighting for the cause even when things are not perfect.

You're just a freeloader and in real life freeloaders like you are kicked off any decent community.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:02 pm
Posts: 6889
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Mister Dolly wrote:
Okay guys...give Rohr some props!! He made the demanded changes and his boys responded well!! Kudos to our defence!! Save for the Ebuehi error they were more disciplined today!!



To start the game.

His in game adjustment is still VERY slow. Etebo had an off game. Should have been replaced much earlier by Iwobi. And Moses was very pedestrian.
I liked that he saw that Idowu wasnt offering us anything either defensively or offensively.

But he needs to work on being timely with the subs.



Iwobi is an enigma. I don't think Rohr knows what he's getting on a given day with Iwobi. If he comes in earlier and plays like he's out of it, do you sub him out?

But I agree with timely subs. The problem is that who is competent enough, and with the work rate of Etebo to play that position? At least Etebo gives you some hustle even when he is off (his passing, etc).

As much as I love Iwobi, I see offensive output, but he doesn't put enough in defensively. Maybe because of how coach deploys him...


The way I see it, we have a 4 man midfield rotation of 'starters' and only 3 can be on the pitch at a time. Without cards or injury issues, Ndidi should always start, then Mikel, Etebo and Iwobi can rotate based on formation and availability. Ndidi is a DM & Iwobi should always be an AM. Etebo and Mikel can alternate between CM AM & DM based on need and availability.

Onazi is on the deep bench as DM or CM backup, while Ogu is on the bench as backup in the CD (in a 3-5-2), DM & CM positions.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 23765
Location: london
Orion wrote:
marko wrote:
Orion wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
Bunch of 2face Naijarians :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Uzoho this, Musa that, Omeruo and Etebo are Trash....................All of a sudden una don turn Fan Boyz.

How I so wish we can block some people from writing trash during the game on here.

Stop all this fair-weather supporting...............U either with us or Fvuk off :curse: :curse: :curse:

Yep, these people are NOT supporters.

They're only here to share in the glory IF there is any. As soon as things are not perfect and there is no glory for them to bask in, they immediately turn into HATERS and can't wait to drive the last nail in the coffin. They offer no support when things are rough. The likes of Marko epitomizes these people.



Since you called me out, i will defend myself! Yes the super eagles sucked in the 1st half, i am not scared to call them out, there seem to be no pattern to their game

You are not going to win the world cup beating the likes of Iceland, this is a fact, a team from Nigeria should never struggle against any icelandic team, dont care how far they are in far world football

There are still many glaring mistakes that the team has to fix, one example was that cheap penalty under no pressure, against a better team, they would have scored and the pressure might be too much

Yes Musa scored 2 world class goals and he redeemed himself in the 2nd half, i will admit that anyday!

There is still work to be done, only a fool will believe we have arrived! Argentina now believe they have been handed a lifeline and will do anything hook or crook to beat Nigeria

They will have to fight for another 90 minutes to get a result!

I have been supporting SE since the late 80s when i came to Nigeria, been on CE since day 1

Sorry i am not here to #$% lick, i will criticise when i feel the need to, the truth is Nigeria has under achieved on the international level, go check the stats at the world cup, it is terrible, for a country of 180 million, we should be performing better

Remember what i said, i am not here to #$% lick, il speak my mind irrespective!

So, you admit you're ONLY here for the good times. As soon as things are not perfect you become the biggest hater and want to kill the whole thing off?

Guess what, if everyone was like you, there would be no SE. There would be no Cyber Eagles for you to come and enjoy. Remember that.

CE was created and is being maintained, for you to come and enjoy, by REAL fans. By people who are still gonna be here fighting for the cause even when things are not perfect.

You're just a freeloader and in real life freeloaders like you are kicked off any decent community.


Please lets not get too ahead of ourselves, freeloader? What the definition of a free loader? CE was created and maintained for people to enjoy? What sort of tosh statement is this? Meaning nobody is allowed to be independent minded? We have to toe the line it seems from this statement and support who really?

This is a public forum in case you have not forgotten, i will criticise when i see fit as far as i dont insult anyone and respect everyone in here despite our differences, this is what makes CE great, different personalities, different mindset, eccentrics and none eccentrics

When you say kicked off any decent community, you Implying for everyone to toe the line, CE will be a very boring community if everyone had a mindset like this

Imagine a forum full of yes men, not really great, sorry, remember i am not here to make any friends, they call it Cyber space for a reason!

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:02 pm
Posts: 6889
marko wrote:
Can understand a player brought up in Nigeria to conceed that cheap penalty but a player who came through the ranks in Holland, what was he excuse for that rash tackle? Especially under no pressure whatsoever

After everything all said and done, i dont care how far Iceland have come in world football, they should not be beating a Nigerian team, Rohr has definitely changed our approach, its like we are s ared to play, ever so cautious!


He was blindsided. That penalty was 90% on Omeruo who underhit the pass with little pressure. Omeruo should have blasted that ball out. He had some other clumsy moments in this game & firmly showed why he is behind Balogun & Ekong. The penalty was not an Ebuehi tackle per se, but the Icelandic forward intercepted the pass just as Ebuehi was about to control it & went down in the same motion.

Similar thing with the (non) penalty vs the DRC in PH where Aina was blamed. It was 90% on Etebo, who was trying to shield the ball for a throw in & a DRC winger just picked the ball & Etebo again failed to tackle. A nice 2v1 later & Aina was totally exposed with the winger about to lay the ball to an on-rushing striker in the middle. Totally rational move to take the foul outside the box, but the Breda referee blew for a penalty.

All good though, but Aina was unfairly dropped the same way some people want to unfairly criticize Ebuehi today. A young man who stood tall to give us the speed & width we needed on the left (which Simon & Aina could have also provided), even though right footed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 23765
Location: london
Safety first, Nigeria dealt with Iceland long throws, there was no pressure to conceed that penalty

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:41 pm
Posts: 9314
marko wrote:
Please lets not get too ahead of ourselves, freeloader? What the definition of a free loader? CE was created and maintained for people to enjoy? What sort of tosh statement is this? Meaning nobody is allowed to be independent minded? We have to toe the line it seems from this statement and support who really?

This is a public forum in case you have not forgotten, i will criticise when i see fit as far as i dont insult anyone and respect everyone in here despite our differences, this is what makes CE great, different personalities, different mindset, eccentrics and none eccentrics

When you say kicked off any decent community, you Implying for everyone to toe the line, CE will be a very boring community if everyone had a mindset like this

Imagine a forum full of yes men, not really great, sorry, remember i am not here to make any friends, they call it Cyber space for a reason!

It's not about towing the line. There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism and offering your ideas for SOLUTIONS. Turning into a HATER is something totally different. It means you're a hater to begin with and you're only here to share in any glory on offer. If there is no glory, you revert to who you really are - a hater.

Perhaps this is something to do with self-hatred? You want everything to be perfect NOW and unwilling to participate in the growth process. Nothing in life is perfect. Why do you want perfection for the SE? Why not accept the fact we're NOT perfect? We're a poor African nation with very little investment in football compared to the richer nations in the world. We're still in the growth phase. And please stop that "180 million people" BS. If population was the only criteria, a fairly rich football-loving nation like China should be winning the World Cup every year.

Accept the imperfection. Offer constructive criticisms and your idea of solutions if you don't like what you're seeing. Don't jump ship like a rat when things are down.

As you've said, you've spent many hours of your life here consuming content and participating in a site that others have worked VERY hard to create and maintain, including some non-Nigerians. CE provides VALUE in your life. If this site was taken offline tomorrow, where would you go and spend all this time conversing with people, sharing in a community, and chasing being part of SE glory?

If everyone turned into a non-supporting hater like you when the going is rough, there would be no CE. In fact, there would be no Super Eagles.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:22 pm
Posts: 12697
truetalk wrote:
marko wrote:
Can understand a player brought up in Nigeria to conceed that cheap penalty but a player who came through the ranks in Holland, what was he excuse for that rash tackle? Especially under no pressure whatsoever

After everything all said and done, i dont care how far Iceland have come in world football, they should not be beating a Nigerian team, Rohr has definitely changed our approach, its like we are s ared to play, ever so cautious!


He was blindsided. That penalty was 90% on Omeruo who underhit the pass with little pressure. Omeruo should have blasted that ball out. He had some other clumsy moments in this game & firmly showed why he is behind Balogun & Ekong. The penalty was not an Ebuehi tackle per se, but the Icelandic forward intercepted the pass just as Ebuehi was about to control it & went down in the same motion.

Similar thing with the (non) penalty vs the DRC in PH where Aina was blamed. It was 90% on Etebo, who was trying to shield the ball for a throw in & a DRC winger just picked the ball & Etebo again failed to tackle. A nice 2v1 later & Aina was totally exposed with the winger about to lay the ball to an on-rushing striker in the middle. Totally rational move to take the foul outside the box, but the Breda referee blew for a penalty.

All good though, but Aina was unfairly dropped the same way some people want to unfairly criticize Ebuehi today. A young man who stood tall to give us the speed & width we needed on the left (which Simon & Aina could have also provided), even though right footed.


He wasn't blindsided. Watch again. He saw the forward coming, but wasn't expecting the short pass. If you look at the way he positioned his body, he was asking for the ball long, towards the byline. (The possibility of having to put the ball behind should have been in his mind as a matter of course. Instead he was caught off-guard.)

Yes, Omeruo doesn't look up, so he doesn't know what is coming. Yet he passes in his own penalty area, which is extremely concerning. Yes, if he felt he had no time to look up, he should have blasted the ball out. Football 101 -- don't pass in your own penalty area unless you are in complete control.

Having said that, Ebuehi, should have slid in and put the ball behind. He was favourite to the ball, but did not have the presence of mind to do damage limitation. Instead he tried to shield and collect the ball. That mistake allowed the forward to claim the ball and win the penalty. That is concerning, because it is not a technical error, but an error in judgement and mentality. They need to instinctively know when to cut their losses at the expense of a corner. The forward read the danger in a second. They didn't.

_________________
Current ignore list:
ohsee
seara
Sabinothing phd
Scipio Africanus
zee
camex.


Alway take p)ride in the quality of you work[/b]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:33 pm
Posts: 15367
I'm definitely going to shamelessly share in the glory when the Super Eagles do well.

:)

_________________
Pax Americana...Wither Now?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:23 pm
Posts: 5247
:D

mate wrote:
I'm definitely going to shamelessly share in the glory when the Super Eagles do well.

:)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 23765
Location: london
Orion wrote:
marko wrote:
Please lets not get too ahead of ourselves, freeloader? What the definition of a free loader? CE was created and maintained for people to enjoy? What sort of tosh statement is this? Meaning nobody is allowed to be independent minded? We have to toe the line it seems from this statement and support who really?

This is a public forum in case you have not forgotten, i will criticise when i see fit as far as i dont insult anyone and respect everyone in here despite our differences, this is what makes CE great, different personalities, different mindset, eccentrics and none eccentrics

When you say kicked off any decent community, you Implying for everyone to toe the line, CE will be a very boring community if everyone had a mindset like this

Imagine a forum full of yes men, not really great, sorry, remember i am not here to make any friends, they call it Cyber space for a reason!

It's not about towing the line. There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism and offering your ideas for SOLUTIONS. Turning into a HATER is something totally different. It means you're a hater to begin with and you're only here to share in any glory on offer. If there is no glory, you revert to who you really are - a hater.

Perhaps this is something to do with self-hatred? You want everything to be perfect NOW and unwilling to participate in the growth process. Nothing in life is perfect. Why do you want perfection for the SE? Why not accept the fact we're NOT perfect? We're a poor African nation with very little investment in football compared to the richer nations in the world. We're still in the growth phase. And please stop that "180 million people" BS. If population was the only criteria, a fairly rich football-loving nation like China should be winning the World Cup every year.

Accept the imperfection. Offer constructive criticisms and your idea of solutions if you don't like what you're seeing. Don't jump ship like a rat when things are down.

As you've said, you've spent many hours of your life here consuming content and participating in a site that others have worked VERY hard to create and maintain, including some non-Nigerians. CE provides VALUE in your life. If this site was taken offline tomorrow, where would you go and spend all this time conversing with people, sharing in a community, and chasing being part of SE glory?

If everyone turned into a non-supporting hater like you when the going is rough, there would be no CE. In fact, there would be no Super Eagles.


No disrespect but this is preaching! And your are trying to toe the moral highground, this is a distraction from this thread, its about Iceland and Nigeria, if you want to open a thread about me, maybe rant and rave will be a better idea

Having said that, everyone in here wants to see Nigeria perform to its abilities in our own weird ways, there is no hater in here, only imaginary ones, remember the group is not over till tuesday

I do hope, they have another 2nd half in them!

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:55 am
Posts: 29266
Location: Canada
Cellular wrote:
Mister Dolly wrote:
Okay guys...give Rohr some props!! He made the demanded changes and his boys responded well!! Kudos to our defence!! Save for the Ebuehi error they were more disciplined today!!



To start the game.

His in game adjustment is still VERY slow. Etebo had an off game. Should have been replaced much earlier by Iwobi. And Moses was very pedestrian.
I liked that he saw that Idowu wasnt offering us anything either defensively or offensively.

But he needs to work on being timely with the subs.

Ogbuefi, bikokweke as we say in Wawa dialect (abeg now.) Are we talking about the Moses whose run and cross set up the first goal? Moses should have run at them some more. He was not pedestrian at all.

Moses--and Musa--will be key against the Argies, who are going to throw everything and the kitchen sink plus cooking pots at us. They are going to attack us like wounded lions, and we need to have someone who can run at them and keep them honest, or better, set up counterattacking goals.

_________________
Image
Visit my blog at http://www.soccergoat.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 28636
@Mazi, there is just as much chance Argentina lay down their swords and give up once and for all. Can a team be forged in five days?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:55 am
Posts: 29266
Location: Canada
sinequanon wrote:
Odas wrote:
kbt wrote:
Odas wrote:
Now, we have to beat Argentina and move on to the next stage. We have our FATE on our hands - completely

Yes, but a draw will see us through even if Iceland beat Croatia.

Good, but let's aim for a win against Argentina


Absolutely. And they can't be in two minds about it. Argentina will not be in two minds.

If Argentina are forced to start taking risks, the way to exploit that is to remain attack minded, not park bus.

In any case, it is most likely that Argentina will play for set pieces, and exploit any weaknesses Nigeria has in this area. Trying to park bus would be a very bad idea for Nigeria -- suicidal.

Chief, we need to park the bus against a team with Messi and Aguero. To not be compact in defence is equally suicidal. But it has to be a two prong strategy: we also need to practice swift counterattacking with deadly intent when we get the ball to take advantage of the slow and mistake prone Argie defence. Otamendi is the slowest defender at the World Cup, and one of either Iheanacho or Musa should always hang off his shoulder.

_________________
Image
Visit my blog at http://www.soccergoat.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:55 am
Posts: 29266
Location: Canada
Coach wrote:
@Mazi, there is just as much chance Argentina lay down their swords and give up once and for all. Can a team be forged in five days?

Coachito m' bikokweke (abeg o). :D They will not lie down, no way, no how. They will attack in relentless waves, you can bet your life on it.

_________________
Image
Visit my blog at http://www.soccergoat.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:33 pm
Posts: 15367
Argentina have no choice but to take a increasing risks as the game goes on. Needing a win and some goal differential.

Nigeria has some room, as perhaps a tie and better goal differential.

So Nigeria probably wants to start securely from the back. Looking for opportunistic attacks to isolate slow Argentine defenders and count on pace and power, to finish. Argentina so far cannot break compact defenses are vulnerable to the counter.

_________________
Pax Americana...Wither Now?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:54 pm
Posts: 12942
truetalk wrote:
marko wrote:
Can understand a player brought up in Nigeria to conceed that cheap penalty but a player who came through the ranks in Holland, what was he excuse for that rash tackle? Especially under no pressure whatsoever

After everything all said and done, i dont care how far Iceland have come in world football, they should not be beating a Nigerian team, Rohr has definitely changed our approach, its like we are s ared to play, ever so cautious!


He was blindsided. That penalty was 90% on Omeruo who underhit the pass with little pressure. Omeruo should have blasted that ball out. He had some other clumsy moments in this game & firmly showed why he is behind Balogun & Ekong. The penalty was not an Ebuehi tackle per se, but the Icelandic forward intercepted the pass just as Ebuehi was about to control it & went down in the same motion.

Similar thing with the (non) penalty vs the DRC in PH where Aina was blamed. It was 90% on Etebo, who was trying to shield the ball for a throw in & a DRC winger just picked the ball & Etebo again failed to tackle. A nice 2v1 later & Aina was totally exposed with the winger about to lay the ball to an on-rushing striker in the middle. Totally rational move to take the foul outside the box, but the Breda referee blew for a penalty.

All good though, but Aina was unfairly dropped the same way some people want to unfairly criticize Ebuehi today. A young man who stood tall to give us the speed & width we needed on the left (which Simon & Aina could have also provided), even though right footed.


Guy, are you ok? 90%? Ebuehi tackled a man that wasn't in a position to do much with the ball and you blame Omeruo 90%? Wake up dude. Perhaps you meant 10%

_________________
Image
NIGERIAN BADBOY!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:22 pm
Posts: 12697
ohsee wrote:
sinequanon wrote:
Odas wrote:
kbt wrote:
Odas wrote:
Now, we have to beat Argentina and move on to the next stage. We have our FATE on our hands - completely

Yes, but a draw will see us through even if Iceland beat Croatia.

Good, but let's aim for a win against Argentina


Absolutely. And they can't be in two minds about it. Argentina will not be in two minds.

If Argentina are forced to start taking risks, the way to exploit that is to remain attack minded, not park bus.

In any case, it is most likely that Argentina will play for set pieces, and exploit any weaknesses Nigeria has in this area. Trying to park bus would be a very bad idea for Nigeria -- suicidal.

Chief, we need to park the bus against a team with Messi and Aguero. To not be compact in defence is equally suicidal. But it has to be a two prong strategy: we also need to practice swift counterattacking with deadly intent when we get the ball to take advantage of the slow and mistake prone Argie defence. Otamendi is the slowest defender at the World Cup, and one of either Iheanacho or Musa should always hang off his shoulder.


Expect Argentina to be throwing themselves about for free kicks, penalties and set pieces. That is where the main danger will come from. (I even have a feeling that Messi is going to put one UNDER the wall, and hope to catch the keeper asleep.

You know as well as I that parking the bus is not two-pronged. So, what we are saying is not very different. It is a question of how compact. I don't think that counterattacking on the break is going to work. They need to let Argentina come, Messi and all, and have confidence that Argentina will be forced to be more exposed than they are. The counterpunch should not be on the break. That is too cagey and compact, and playing to Argentina's strength. They need to allow Argentina to get kamikaze goals, but punish them heavily for it. That is a tough mentality, but I think that it is going to be necessary.

_________________
Current ignore list:
ohsee
seara
Sabinothing phd
Scipio Africanus
zee
camex.


Alway take p)ride in the quality of you work[/b]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:22 pm
Posts: 12697
Schillachi wrote:
Guy, are you ok? 90%? Ebuehi tackled a man that wasn't in a position to do much with the ball and you blame Omeruo 90%? Wake up dude. Perhaps you meant 10%


One back heel and it could have been a goal. Ebuehi HAS to put the ball behind in that situation. it was a bad tactical error not to do so.

_________________
Current ignore list:
ohsee
seara
Sabinothing phd
Scipio Africanus
zee
camex.


Alway take p)ride in the quality of you work[/b]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:41 pm
Posts: 9314
Schillachi wrote:
truetalk wrote:
marko wrote:
Can understand a player brought up in Nigeria to conceed that cheap penalty but a player who came through the ranks in Holland, what was he excuse for that rash tackle? Especially under no pressure whatsoever

After everything all said and done, i dont care how far Iceland have come in world football, they should not be beating a Nigerian team, Rohr has definitely changed our approach, its like we are s ared to play, ever so cautious!


He was blindsided. That penalty was 90% on Omeruo who underhit the pass with little pressure. Omeruo should have blasted that ball out. He had some other clumsy moments in this game & firmly showed why he is behind Balogun & Ekong. The penalty was not an Ebuehi tackle per se, but the Icelandic forward intercepted the pass just as Ebuehi was about to control it & went down in the same motion.

Similar thing with the (non) penalty vs the DRC in PH where Aina was blamed. It was 90% on Etebo, who was trying to shield the ball for a throw in & a DRC winger just picked the ball & Etebo again failed to tackle. A nice 2v1 later & Aina was totally exposed with the winger about to lay the ball to an on-rushing striker in the middle. Totally rational move to take the foul outside the box, but the Breda referee blew for a penalty.

All good though, but Aina was unfairly dropped the same way some people want to unfairly criticize Ebuehi today. A young man who stood tall to give us the speed & width we needed on the left (which Simon & Aina could have also provided), even though right footed.


Guy, are you ok? 90%? Ebuehi tackled a man that wasn't in a position to do much with the ball and you blame Omeruo 90%? Wake up dude. Perhaps you meant 10%

Ebuehi didn't tackle the guy. He was reaching for the ball BEFORE the guy ran in front of him to make contact and then fall. It was too late for Ebuehi to retract his leg. I would have said it wasn't a penalty as the contact was initiated by the Icelandic player, however, a valid argument for a penalty is that as a defender, if you sense an opposing player close to you in the 18-yard box, do not stretch your leg like that at all. Just allow the guy to get the ball and move to shield him from your goal. Omeruo's pass was short but it shouldn't have led to a penalty.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:41 pm
Posts: 9314
sinequanon wrote:
Schillachi wrote:
Guy, are you ok? 90%? Ebuehi tackled a man that wasn't in a position to do much with the ball and you blame Omeruo 90%? Wake up dude. Perhaps you meant 10%


One back heel and it could have been a goal. Ebuehi HAS to put the ball behind in that situation. it was a bad tactical error not to do so.

The ball was short and Ebuehi couldn't reach it fast enough so it was like a 50-50 situation with the Icelandic player. He should have allowed the Icelandic player to have the ball and just move to block him from the goal as best he could.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bully12, Cmoke, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group