Argentina 0-3 Croatia | Pivotal Group D Match

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Argentina 0-3 Croatia | Pivotal Group D Match

Post by ANC »

cruxifixoy2k wrote:Pundits are very optimistic that Iceland will beat Nigeria.

I heard.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Argentina will hope for a draw tomorrow, Nigeria will hope to win by a few goals tomorrow, Iceland will hope to beat Nigeria so they are croatia can play for a draw knocking out Argentina

The ball is in Nigeria court, Iceland is probably the world most improved side or its just that argentina are crap, tomorrow we find out, Iceland will not play an open game with Nigeria, they are smarter than that
They will look for mistakes and capitalise on that, if they score first, they lock shop
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

2drama wrote:
charlie wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
charlie wrote:Result puts our match against Croatia in a whole new light.
Very impressive side. Classy performance and dismantling of Argentina.
Now, our turn to take care of business. First against Iceland, then against Argentina, na war!
Result also puts our 4-2 victory against Argentina in a whole new light
Fair point,...
Wait ooo Friendly na Friendly
World Cup na World Cup
If Iceland were able to hold Argentina and Croatia beat them 3-0 when it really mattered, then it proves the Argies are crap
So, a friendly result over a crappy team should not be a measure of Naija's strenght
Last edited by Rawlings on Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

How do this small nations do it? Croatia population is only 4.8 people. Rivers state has more people.
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

Rawlings wrote:
Abbey wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
charlie wrote:Result puts our match against Croatia in a whole new light.
Very impressive side. Classy performance and dismantling of Argentina.
Now, our turn to take care of business. First against Iceland, then against Argentina, na war!
Result also puts
our
4-2 victory against Argentina in a whole new light
:D
why not OUR?

...real crazy man...our...? ...how many of your...?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

ANC wrote:

I heard.

The fact Iceland are organised and play neat football, they will fancy their chances
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Rawlings wrote:
rightly so
No team that LOST in the first round has won in the second
You daft and short Ghanaman........................How did Germany get to 1982 WC finals after losing their opening game to Algeria.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Argentina 0-1 Croatia | Pivotal Group D Match

Post by ohsee »

mate wrote:HRVATSKA!!!
Congrats mate. Great game! Modric and Rakatic showed today why playing for Real Madrid and Barca is not to be dismissed.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Argentina 0-1 Croatia | Pivotal Group D Match

Post by ANC »

ohsee wrote:
mate wrote:HRVATSKA!!!
Congrats mate. Great game! Modric and Rakatic showed today why playing for Real Madrid and Barca is not to be dismissed.

Rohr was right, I suppose.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Argentina 0-2 Croatia | Pivotal Group D Match

Post by ohsee »

SylverEagles wrote:We can lampoon the Argentina defence all we want and they surely deserve it but what has Messi and co done up front? 1 goal in two games...
Anybody who talks of Messi in context of the GOAT, I will personally direct the person to the nearest transformer so he can hug it in heavy rain and lightning. :mad: Messi is nothing but a club player. How many World Cups and Copa Americas will it take to show this beyond doubt? The man has no heart. No courage. Did anyone see him praying before the game instead of depending on his playing? Useless man without his Barca teamates. :mad:

Where is Al B sure? Come and talk make I see. :lol: :lol:
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

zee wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
rightly so
No team that LOST in the first round has won in the second
You daft and short Ghanaman........................How did Germany get to 1982 WC finals after losing their opening game to Algeria.
Oga, we are talking Russia 2018
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

So now Argentina will be looking to beat us if they wish to qualify for the next round. I laugh in Spanish
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

marko wrote:Argentina will hope for a draw tomorrow,
Nah. Naija win or draw tomorrow - no difference for them. They still need to win the last game and hope Iceland doesn't beat Croatia.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

One thing for sure, tomorrow match will be keenly watched in Argentina, Iceland and Nigeria

Marko
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

marko wrote:One thing for sure, tomorrow match will be keenly watched in Argentina, Iceland and Nigeria
Whatever :roll: :roll:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Damn! Now I'm thinking of heading back to Russia to see Messi's final international game if Nigeria beats Iceland tomorrow.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

I will NOT be surprised if Jorge Sampaoli resigns tonight.
That 3-0 defeat is apparently their biggest World Cup defeat since 1958!
Kai! :shock: :scared: :scared:
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Goldleaf wrote:I will NOT be surprised if Jorge Sampaoli resigns tonight.
No...............Germany caned them 4-0 in 2010.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Goldleaf wrote:I will NOT be surprised if Jorge Sampaoli resigns tonight.
Really?

[/video]
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:water don overtake garri
I no no which kine garri you dey drink but water always de pass garri unless na eba you dey chop
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Omo Argentina V Nigeria might be a basketball score
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The ball needs to get from defence to midfield and then attack before it an find Aguero, talk less of a well guarded Messi. Oga Kun had fewer touches than a handcuffed Bill Cosby at a casting audition and yet, Oga is without doubt one of the game's finest forwards. When world quality can be reduced to absolute sh*te, the issue cannot be within the individual alone. Argentina don't know how to get the best out of Messi, rather have an unshakeable belief that stray passes in his direction and balls to feet when surrounded, are enough to initiate the super saiyan,

From a purely tactical perspective, it was as close to suicide as it gets today, 3-4-3, with no defensive cover wide, an uncertain, asynchronous press and a build from the back approach with half the team in the opposing field and ball shy centre backs asked to play David Luiz. Trailing, Sampaoli yanks Aguero for Higuain, changing little for large yet making no effort to close the gap between attack and midfield.

As an admirer of Sampaoli's work with Sevilla and Chile, this has been disappointing, in truth his whole tenure has been. Poor decisions and shocking systems of play. Granted Argentina don't have the legs of Chile, but what he pulled today was utterly abysmal. Paint his face black and any hoe of a Rooney rule are dashed.
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

ohsee wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:We can lampoon the Argentina defence all we want and they surely deserve it but what has Messi and co done up front? 1 goal in two games...
Anybody who talks of Messi in context of the GOAT, I will personally direct the person to the nearest transformer so he can hug it in heavy rain and lightning. :mad: Messi is nothing but a club player. How many World Cups and Copa Americas will it take to show this beyond doubt? The man has no heart. No courage. Did anyone see him praying before the game instead of depending on his playing? Useless man without his Barca teamates. :mad:

Where is Al B sure? Come and talk make I see. :lol: :lol:
Papa ohsee, no be only Messi. Just looking at the anthems alone I can tell that something is not right mentally with that with that team. I saw it with Iceland and I noticed it again today. From the games I have seen Argentina are the only team that do not project any sense of confidence or togetherness or 'spirit' when they stand for their anthem. Each player stands by himself, isolated, doing their own thing, or staring vacantly ahead and frankly looking terrified. Did anyone else notice this?

Messi has not shown up at this WC but football is still a team game and honestly I have to wonder what Sampaoli has been doing with this team? They look awful and bereft of coherence in defense or attack.