I told you guys CROATIA was strong

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
I told you guys CROATIA was strong

Post by john12 »

Like I told you guys even if SE plays this current Croatia team many times we are not Winning. QUALITY always show itself and even our 1994 team will not beat this Croatia team. You don’t get to play for
REAL MADRID, BARCELONA, Juventus, atlectico, Inter Milan and Ac Milan week in and out if you’re JUNK
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I told you guys CROATIA was strong

Post by kolinzo »

Dude keep quiet. Are the Argentines playing backwater league in Azerbaijan?
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Compare Argentina players vs CROATIA own and see who’s better. We lost to a much better team just support your guys and stop denigrating the coach.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

john12 wrote:Compare Argentina players vs CROATIA own and see who’s better. We lost to a much better team just support your guys and stop denigrating the coach.

So Croatian players are now better than Argentina players? Is it on paper, or plastic please? :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

john12 wrote:Compare Argentina players vs CROATIA own and see who’s better. We lost to a much better team just support your guys and stop denigrating the coach.
Multiple Ballon D'Or winner, arguably the best striker in the Premier League, Higuan.

Ok make you take your hand slap the mouth wey you use talk this yeye talk :twisted:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

ARGENTINA just have great FORWARD players they’re not STRONGER than CROATIA overall or Pound for pound
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

metalalloy wrote:

So Croatian players are now better than Argentina players? Is it on paper, or plastic please? :rotf:
Paper, or plastic? That's such a hilarious one, metalalloy. This bow is for you!
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

john12 wrote:ARGENTINA just have great FORWARD players they’re not STRONGER than CROATIA overall or Pound for pound
You didn't watch this game brother. This game was squarely on the Argie coach. He was desperate. Argentina was desperate. For me, this loss had a lot to do with Argentina than it had to do with Croatia. The mental lapses from the Argie side was obvious!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

***Breda = Br****
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

kolinzo wrote:Dude keep quiet. Are the Argentines playing backwater league in Azerbaijan?
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

I think first game Croatia were themselves scared of Nigeria and so they were not as adventurous. The Croatia we saw today can and will beat almost anyone. Against Naija I thought Croatia were poor by their standards
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

They were poor against NIGERIA stop lying. They played to their tactics and formation
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

kolinzo wrote:
john12 wrote:ARGENTINA just have great FORWARD players they’re not STRONGER than CROATIA overall or Pound for pound
You didn't watch this game brother. This game was squarely on the Argie coach. He was desperate. Argentina was desperate. For me, this loss had a lot to do with Argentina than it had to do with Croatia. The mental lapses from the Argie side was obvious!

It's as much Croatia as Argentina. Starting with the personnel.

Not much can be done with this unbalanced Argentina team. Messi did well to get them to the WC. Take him away and they probably wouldn't be here...or be getting seriously beaten.

I definitely think Croatia outmatches Argentina individually in the back and midfield. And certainly collectively. Save for, of course, Messi.

Up front? Rebic, Mandzukic, and Kramaric together offer more than a combination of Higuain, Aguero, Acuna, and Pavon. They play better together and are more versatile: pace, power, skill, and some guile...serviced by a good midfield and backed by a strong defense and sure keeper.

Argentina didn't have the parts for a balanced and complete team. No one player could make up for this. Nor coach.

I didn't see anything too wrong Sampaoli did, aside from how he built the team up to this point. But on this game day, he did what he could with the players at his disposal. Croatian players collectively were better, playing the right tactics and having the optimal spirit.

Give us some credit. We're 2 - 0 and scored 5 goals. The burden of proof is on us to go farther, but I like what I see so far.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

FIRST GOAL WAS A GIFT, AND...

...2nd goal, the defender allowed Modric to pick his spot instead getting in the way to block it.
3rg goal came after Argentina poured everybody into the offense.

Not taking anything away from Croatia - you make your own luck. Argentina didn't look their typical self and even Messi was MIA.
Bell
truemamamia
Egg
Egg

Post by truemamamia »

Argentine goalkeeper for sure does not help
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Croatia did not play well against Nigeria.

O could care less if they won the world cup.

They did not play well against Nigeria.
And neither did we play to our strength.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Croatia are not a strong team, they are taking advantage of the disaster that's in front of them.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Mr. Piffington wrote:Croatia are not a strong team, they are taking advantage of the disaster that's in front of them.

Had Argentina not conceded the early goal...it may well been a different ball game.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

ANC wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:Croatia are not a strong team, they are taking advantage of the disaster that's in front of them.

Had Argentina not conceded the early goal...it may well been a different ball game.
Croatia did what any smart team does; capitalize. Croatia wasn't good at all for both games but Argentina and Nigeria are both playing far below what they are truly capable of. On a regular I wouldn't bet on them to take on good teams and win but now they have momentum built on confidence so I wouldn't be surprise to see them go far.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Bell wrote:FIRST GOAL WAS A GIFT, AND...

...2nd goal, the defender allowed Modric to pick his spot instead getting in the way to block it.
3rg goal came after Argentina poured everybody into the offense.

Not taking anything away from Croatia - you make your own luck. Argentina didn't look their typical self and even Messi was MIA.
Bell
The first goal was as much an error caused by poor defending. Otamendi should have headed out an easy high ball but he barely jumped and allowed the Croatian forward to reach the ball first. That was what led to the backpass and the error as the goalie was put under pressure.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

No, a disjointed argentine team made Croatia look too good! Argentina came with too many individual star names and not a team, thats why they played like amateurs in the group
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

So the verdict is in: Croatia got lucky against both Nigeria and Argentina. 5 goals scored to 0 conceded worth of luck.

Fair enough.

I hope our luck continues.

I'm rooting for the Super Eagles to win their next 2 games. Maybe we get a do over in the final?

:)
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

kolinzo wrote:Dude keep quiet. Are the Argentines playing backwater league in Azerbaijan?

Say no more.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

mate wrote:
kolinzo wrote:

It's as much Croatia as Argentina. Starting with the personnel.

Not much can be done with this unbalanced Argentina team. Messi did well to get them to the WC. Take him away and they probably wouldn't be here...or be getting seriously beaten.

I definitely think Croatia outmatches Argentina individually in the back and midfield. And certainly collectively. Save for, of course, Messi.

Up front? Rebic, Mandzukic, and Kramaric together offer more than a combination of Higuain, Aguero, Acuna, and Pavon. They play better together and are more versatile: pace, power, skill, and some guile...serviced by a good midfield and backed by a strong defense and sure keeper.

Argentina didn't have the parts for a balanced and complete team. No one player could make up for this. Nor coach.

I didn't see anything too wrong Sampaoli did, aside from how he built the team up to this point. But on this game day, he did what he could with the players at his disposal. Croatian players collectively were better, playing the right tactics and having the optimal spirit.

Give us some credit. We're 2 - 0 and scored 5 goals. The burden of proof is on us to go farther, but I like what I see so far.

Credit goes to Croatia for winning the game. However, Argentina have the personnel to at least get a draw against Croatia but their goal was to win the game. If the Argie goalie didn't gift Croatia that first goal we may be singing a different song today. That goal really changed a lot for Argentina as desperation set in for them. You know what happens when you are desperate? You don't think well, and that's what happened to Argentina. Croatians were smart enough to recognize this andtook advantage. For crying out loud Argies were out of Substitution by 70th minute?!

Watch Atlanta 96 games between Nigeria and Brazil / Naija vs Argentina. Watch how our boys played under pressure and see how they technically defeated those loaded Brazil and Argentina teams, then you'd understand what I am saying. Argentina showed desperation and they lost.

By the way, SE vs Croatia game should be an example as well. The SE didn't show any desperation despite the fact of being down by one goal. They were very unlucky in that game. Although you make your own luck too. Good luck to Croatia. You deserve your points.

***Breda = Br****