I told you guys CROATIA was strong

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I told you guys CROATIA was strong

Post by mate »

Kolinzo, I get that Argentina needed a win. But I don't think this was as big a factor as was the gulf in player class. I don't agree that Argentina with this specific set of players can consistently draw Croatia. They are unbalanced, weighted for attack and not midfield and defense and have poor goalkeeping.

I'm watching Nigeria vs Iceland right now. Speaking of opportunities, I've seen Iceland have several open breaking players up front. A Modric or Rakitic would have exploited those. Iceland doesn't have the same quality. Neither does Argentina in the middle, except Messi.

We can also discuss individual what ifs all day. But like you state, you create your luck throughout a game. More often than not, to come full circle, it comes down to having the better overall players and overall team.

I'm seeing it right now with the Super Eagles over Iceland. Your players are better overall. Iceland are disciplined, strong, fit, and positionally sound...but don't have the man for man class of Nigeria. I expect Nigeria to hold this lead and win. Because they're simply better.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?