Problems in Argentina Camp

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

F360
Egg
Egg
Problems in Argentina Camp

Post by F360 »

They have some issues that will probably come out after they exit the WC.

--------------------------------------------
F360
Egg
Egg
Re: Problems in Argentina Camp

Post by F360 »

When you have the nerve to sit Banega, Lo Celso and Dybala.... after not taking Icardi, a better striker in Serie A this year than Higuain, mehn.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

F360 wrote:When you have the nerve to sit Banega, Lo Celso and Dybala.... after not taking Icardi, a better striker in Serie A this year than Higuain, mehn.
F360,

This was a broken team and those guys would not have made much difference. This is a team that has been poor for a while. They barely made it through the qualifiers and preparations have been poor. The only player who would have made a huge difference was there today. The rest are pipe dreaming. If you are talking of player pedigree, Argentina had enough on the field and yet ... This is certainly about the team state of the mind that was irreparable under the current coach and the previous one.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Enugu II wrote:
F360 wrote:When you have the nerve to sit Banega, Lo Celso and Dybala.... after not taking Icardi, a better striker in Serie A this year than Higuain, mehn.
F360,

This was a broken team and those guys would not have made much difference. This is a team that has been poor for a while. They barely made it through the qualifiers and preparations have been poor. The only player who would have made a huge difference was there today. The rest are pipe dreaming. If you are talking of player pedigree, Argentina had enough on the field and yet ... This is certainly about the team state of the mind that was irreparable under the current coach and the previous one.
Isn't the team state of mind what a coach is supposed to fix? The team have been "relatively" poor but the talent is there for all to see. Like you mentioned, the team has the player pedigree but not the state of mind. The mentality seems to be a problem. It's just coaching and Sampaoli was supposed to be the best Nat'l team coach Messi has ever had....until we saw what happened today.

Regardless, if you're going to lose why not lose with your best players out on the pitch and give yourself the best chance to win? You cannot reasonably say leaving Banega and Lo Celso on the bench was the right or smart call after watching Croatia embarrass the Argies in the midfield. You can't say starting Meza over Dybala or selecting Higuain over the best striker in Serie A was the right call. Not after a loss like this.
If you're going to go down then go down swinging with your best crew. If you lose well then you lost with the best at your disposal.

100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

This whole news is very pleasing to my ears. I hope Naija can get past Iceland and then fig deep to oust these perennial cheats.
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

100%Naija wrote:This whole news is very pleasing to my ears. I hope Naija can get past Iceland and then fig deep to oust these perennial cheats.

Bro it is sweeting me too much. I hope it continues and I just pray SE handle biz tomorrow and then we knock them out of the tournament next week.

Spicyee
Egg
Egg

Post by Spicyee »

Weep not for Sampaoli. A man who decides to gather 'Messi and friends' rather than select the best in-form players only set himself up for failure. The team only has Plan A: Get the ball...give to Messi. No Plan B, no C. I have said it since 2010: Whoever collected the Captain's armband from Mascherano and handed it to Messi goofed big time. The obsession with Messi has stifled the team and robbed it of variety. Messi is NOT a leader at all. Bobo was nervous throughout the match, right from lineup. He does not communicate with his colleagues on the field even when the team is struggling. I hope they get sent packing from the group stage.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Enugu II wrote:
F360,

Kpom nothing to do with selection.
Amen
Egg
Egg

Post by Amen »

#VeryFakeNews
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

For some reason the tweet function isn't working for me so I have to post like this
Roberto Rojas

Verified account

@RobertoRojas97
2h2 hours ago
More
Rumors in Argentina saying now that the players have asked Jorge Sampaoli to not coach the final game against Nigeria on Tuesday and he accepted meaning that Jorge Burruchaga will be the manager. Only rumors mind you but certainly a mutiny I haven’t seen since France 2010.
Sam Lee

Verified account

@Sammy_Goal
2h2 hours ago
More Sam Lee Retweeted SebasTempone
Bloody hell. “Argentina players having a meeting, asking that Sampaoli isn’t in charge of the Nigeria game.”

This has gone well

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

The new coach will pick fresh players and they will want to redeeem pride. They will fight like wounded lions against Nigeria. Hmmm
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:The new coach will pick fresh players and they will want to redeeem pride. They will fight like wounded lions against Nigeria. Hmmm

who cares.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Spicyee wrote:Weep not for Sampaoli. A man who decides to gather 'Messi and friends' rather than select the best in-form players only set himself up for failure. The team only has Plan A: Get the ball...give to Messi. No Plan B, no C. I have said it since 2010: Whoever collected the Captain's armband from Mascherano and handed it to Messi goofed big time. The obsession with Messi has stifled the team and robbed it of variety. Messi is NOT a leader at all. Bobo was nervous throughout the match, right from lineup. He does not communicate with his colleagues on the field even when the team is struggling. I hope they get sent packing from the group stage.
I am sure you were not saying this all the while he was leading them and they were doing well. It is always easy to say these things when a team starts to struggle. They were down and out before he rescued the ticket for them. At least going the comments of the players one knows that the players are simply not happy with the coach. It seems he is one of these coaches who sticks to his system and refuses to change. He would rather drop a player who cannot fit in than tweak the system to accommodate such players.

Maradona has been spraining Argentina right from the youth team, captained them when they were doing well and was he not the captain when they played in the final of the WC and Copa America? So suddenly he is not a good captain because the team is struggling?

The truth is ,this team does not look like it is being coached and usually that is trouble, because it means the players are not responding to the coach, when that is the case the team is doomed. Since losing to Nigeria, I have paid close attention to Argentina, honestly what struck me most was how poor they were tactically and that defence...that defence that has that health hazard called Otamendi is the weakest link of the team.

Simply put the team is past it and there are no players coming through...Dybaba is. Juventus hype, he is mediocre at international level.

Let them go back, rebuild their team and come back in 4 years time, they came to this tournament a rag tag bunch. Sometimes it takes a tournament to confirm your worst fears. Without Messi they were being beaten left and right, 4 here , 6 there. The look on Messi's face the night they were beaten 6 by Spain tells it all....that look never left his face since that night, he brought it to the world cup, the look of a man told to resurrect a dead team team.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

If Iceland whacks Nigeria, the last match with Nigeria will be for 3rfd place bronze from the group hahaha
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Sampaoli is of good stock but made a huge blunder in team tactics and selection. The comedy of errors was further confounded by a philosophy lost in translation. Argentina are not Chile, nor Sevilla for that matter. As an admirer of Napoleon, there was a hope it would be a smooth transition but alas it has failed and a good coach is sentenced to the graveyard by one of the game’s greatest rubics cubes. Only the beautiful orange does it better.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Argentine players ask Coach Sampaoli not to manage their final game against Nigeria next Tuesday - See more at: https://goo.gl/AGrisB

We will win convincingly tonight, of that I have no doubt. However, I am not sure this Argentine mutiny is a good thing oooo. If Burruchaga takes over next Tuesday, he and his new selection will want to prove a point. They may become a transformed team.

Nigeria will beat a Sampaoli coached Argentina any day, so I would rather he manage the team against us abeg. Anyway, we will cross that bridge when we get there. For now, it is three goals against Iceland tonight.

Oya over to you Ighalo, Moses and Iwobi. We expect a goal from each of you!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...bigmanism do affect the Argies o. Not an African thing anymore.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Sounds like a right messi argie bargy
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Argentina have no defence or midfield. That is their problem.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Broken FA, Broken Coach, Wrong selections and Broken Messi.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Argentina have no defence or midfield. That is their problem.

You now speak wisdom

:wink:

This also to me looks like an overall program management failure. 4 coaches in 4 years from what I understand. An overemphasis on attackers, without building necessary midfield and defense to support them. Never mind failing to understand that the career of Messi has been built on being adequately supported by: Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets, Rakitic, Paulinho, and so.

Sampaoli yesterday really couldn't have done anything. No coach could have done better in that situation. As we agree, Argentina is not a complete team and reliant entirely on Messi being an X factor.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

But we need Sampaoli to coach them against us
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Also didn't know about this

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 26606.html
Lionel Messi bails out Argentina Football Association to pay national team's security guards
The Barcelona forward steps in to help struggling workers after six months without pay from Argentina's bankrupt football association
or this

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest ... nt-Rumours
Argentina coach Jorge Sampaoli accused of sexual misconduct as nation's World Cup 2018 campaign is plunged into crisis
Claudio Tapia, opresident of the Argentinian FA, has dismissed the allegations as "lies" after Sampaoli was said to have harassed a female employee
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... d-12726311

All that's left is for them to start arguing about World Cup squad money.