The formula to beat Argentina

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The formula to beat Argentina

Post by Coach »

There can be no returning to the four, it will have to be a back three. The issue then becomes the obvious. Messi. Argentina have no choice but to make it happen, the only way to do so, will be to play with two up runners to drag the defenders wide and create space for Messi. Rohr will insist upon doubling up on the King and the onus then becomes on quick ball recovery and even quicker transitions. If Argentina play any of the systems used thus far, they're dead in the water. If Napoleon doesn't make the bold calls that he needs to, they're done for. If however, he cedes to his own forewarning and goes M.A.D (Messi, Aguero, Dybala) it could be 90 minutes of bedlam. Theres reason to believe it will be H.A.M (Higuain, Aguero, Messi), the curse of which Sampaoli is not yet familiar.

3-1-4-2, Musa peeling into the wide left as usual, Iheanacho staying more central, look for overloads in wide areas. Sitting back will be suicidal, assuming Sampaoli isn't playing with the rope and tree branch again.
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

This is the worst argie team in years.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

Mr Shows wrote:We go 3-5-2, get Musa and Moses to peg back their full backs. Keep the middle compact Mikel, Ndidi and Etebo to start. Iwobi should be a 2nd half super sub to kill off the game.

Get at them early so they know they are in contest. Musa’s form will already be a source for concern.
Gbam! :agree: :clap:
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

Coach wrote:There can be no returning to the four, it will have to be a back three. The issue then becomes the obvious. Messi. Argentina have no choice but to make it happen, the only way to do so, will be to play with two up runners to drag the defenders wide and create space for Messi. Rohr will insist upon doubling up on the King and the onus then becomes on quick ball recovery and even quicker transitions. If Argentina play any of the systems used thus far, they're dead in the water. If Napoleon doesn't make the bold calls that he needs to, they're done for. If however, he cedes to his own forewarning and goes M.A.D (Messi, Aguero, Dybala) it could be 90 minutes of bedlam. Theres reason to believe it will be H.A.M (Higuain, Aguero, Messi), the curse of which Sampaoli is not yet familiar.

3-1-4-2, Musa peeling into the wide left as usual, Iheanacho staying more central, look for overloads in wide areas. Sitting back will be suicidal, assuming Sampaoli isn't playing with the rope and tree branch again.
:clap:
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

For argentina to get anything out of the game, they have to drop their non performers which includes Messi, Aguero and play the in form players, They might even be more dangerous with no star names

I doubt the coach will have the balls as be will be crucified back in Argentina, those big names are not going to get much for them
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Coach wrote:There can be no returning to the four, it will have to be a back three. The issue then becomes the obvious. Messi. Argentina have no choice but to make it happen, the only way to do so, will be to play with two up runners to drag the defenders wide and create space for Messi. Rohr will insist upon doubling up on the King and the onus then becomes on quick ball recovery and even quicker transitions. If Argentina play any of the systems used thus far, they're dead in the water. If Napoleon doesn't make the bold calls that he needs to, they're done for. If however, he cedes to his own forewarning and goes M.A.D (Messi, Aguero, Dybala) it could be 90 minutes of bedlam. Theres reason to believe it will be H.A.M (Higuain, Aguero, Messi), the curse of which Sampaoli is not yet familiar.

We have to play a balanced formation with two Defensive midfielders. Got to stop Messi and Aguero.

Got to continue to play solid defense and attack Argentina with our speed.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Argentina have a terrible defence, we can run rings around them.

Put 7 men behind the ball, and 2 men isolated upfront, with Iwobi a little more advanced.

As for Messi, we will need to take him seriously. Uzoho has shown great promise, but he is not yet a World Class shot stopper, we cannot concede too many opportunities to the likes of Messi, Aguero, Di Maria etc.

It cannot be like 2010. We will need to concede fewer opportunities, don't drop too deep, but behind the ball.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I hope Nigeria gets the early goal against Argentina which will them desperate and throw a lot of bodies forward

Argentina will double team on our players when we get the ball, the aim is to disorganise our shape and stamp their authority on the game, if Nigeria can be patient, they will get tired, especially their midfield
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

I think The 2010 Naija team was set up by Lagerback to play Argentina the way this Iceland team did. I think difference is that Naija midfield wasn’t good and Lagerback clearly didn’t spend enough time with team to stamp his authority. The current team will not expose the goalkeeper like that. Argentina will b delusional to think they’ll have as much chances as they did in the past. The current Naija team is super organized - did you guys listen to Iceland’s coach pre and post match comments? He clearly watched all our matches going back to the pre-Rhor era. He says the Nigerian team has improved astronomically in terms of organization.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Goalgetter wrote:I think The 2010 Naija team was set up by Lagerback to play Argentina the way this Iceland team did. I think difference is that Naija midfield wasn’t good and Lagerback clearly didn’t spend enough time with team to stamp his authority. The current team will not expose the goalkeeper like that. Argentina will b delusional to think they’ll have as much chances as they did in the past. The current Naija team is super organized - did you guys listen to Iceland’s coach pre and post match comments? He clearly watched all our matches going back to the pre-Rhor era. He says the Nigerian team has improved astronomically in terms of organization.
Rule no.1..............every match is different.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Messi is ALWAYS to be taken seriously. I've rewatched the Croatia v Argentina game and he has several impressive passes that if Eto, Villa, Suarez, or Neymar were on the receiving end might have been converted. You give him space and he can do damage.

Croatia and Iceland stopped Argentina due to density and compactness. Iceland did in more in depth. Croatia pressed a bit higher, having a midfield capable of possession and counterattack. Nigeria of course have different personnel, something between Croatia and Iceland when it comes to possession.

I don't know I'd press Argentina the way a Brazil might. Brazil press up the goal line and still stifle and deal with isolated counters. Again, I could be wrong, but that's my intuition for Nigeria: be primarily compact defense, but look to counter as did Croatia, isolating and using pace to get at the slow Argentina defense...avoiding Argentina isolation a few attackers with Messi up front.

Just my 2 cents.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?