Confirmed line up (from Owngoal)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

doctorollie
Egg
Egg
Confirmed line up (from Owngoal)

Post by doctorollie »

The Super Eagles of Nigeria are going to be lined up in a 3-5-2 formation when they take on Iceland later today in their second group game at the Russia 2018 World Cup in Volgograd.

Coach Gernot Rohr has ditched the 4-2-3-1 formation used in the 0-2 loss to Croatia and has also replaced some players who started in the first game ‎but fail to convince.

Rohr has also revert Victor Moses to the right wing-back role he plays at his club Chelsea while Kenneth Omeruo replaces Shehu Abdullahi as the team moves to a formation of three centre backs.

Kelechi Iheanacho takes the spot of Odion Ighalo and he would be supported in a two man attack by Ahmed Musa who is in the squad at the expense of Arsenal forward Alex Iwobi who drops to the bench.

Full Line Up.

Francis Uzoho

Kenneth Omeruo

William Troost-Ekong

Leon Balogun

Victor Moses

Bryan Idowu

Mikel Obi

Oghenekaro Etebo

Wilfred Ndidi

Kelechi Iheanacho

Ahmed Musa

3-5-2

Now this is a very good line up!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Re: Confirmed line up (from Owngoal)

Post by Synopsis »

I like it. Iwobi super sub.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

This is going to slow down the eagles tremendously.

Kelechi will be quiet in front of Iceland.

Again, this is another timid line up guys!
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

cchinukw wrote:This is going to slow down the eagles tremendously.

OMG, you guys can never ever be pleased! The player everyone was screaming for has now been included and the offending player removed.

It's quite possible Rohr is looking to replace Obi with Iwobi at some point in the game hence the inclusion of Musa.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Not sure how it could possibly slow us down. You’ve got Musa and Moses as well as Kele who is no slouch. Idowu and Omeruo have amazing recovery in defence.

What we don’t have here is creativity in the final third without Iwobi, and no great hold up play without Ighalo.

But I don’t think you can accuse it of being a slow line-up
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Orion wrote:

OMG, you guys can never ever be pleased! The player everyone was screaming for has now been included and the offending player removed.

It's quite possible Rohr is looking to replace Obi with Iwobi at some point in the game hence the inclusion of Musa.
Iwobi and Obi are not even like for like.

Mikel has to be initiating from deep today and has to be on the pitch from blast to finish.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Gernot makes dramatic changes for tonight's game against Iceland dropping Ighalo and Iwobi - See more at: https://goo.gl/BHprLE

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I am not convinced about this. Rohr appears to have pressed the panic button and acted in a rash and hasty manner.

He still has not sorted out where the creativity will come from. His obsession with players he likes is also something I cannot get my head round.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

doctorollie wrote:The Super Eagles of Nigeria are going to be lined up in a 3-5-2 formation when they take on Iceland later today in their second group game at the Russia 2018 World Cup in Volgograd.

Coach Gernot Rohr has ditched the 4-2-3-1 formation used in the 0-2 loss to Croatia and has also replaced some players who started in the first game ‎but fail to convince.

Rohr has also revert Victor Moses to the right wing-back role he plays at his club Chelsea while Kenneth Omeruo replaces Shehu Abdullahi as the team moves to a formation of three centre backs.

Kelechi Iheanacho takes the spot of Odion Ighalo and he would be supported in a two man attack by Ahmed Musa who is in the squad at the expense of Arsenal forward Alex Iwobi who drops to the bench.

Full Line Up.

Francis Uzoho

Kenneth Omeruo

William Troost-Ekong

Leon Balogun

Victor Moses

Bryan Idowu

Mikel Obi

Oghenekaro Etebo

Wilfred Ndidi

Kelechi Iheanacho

Ahmed Musa

3-5-2

Now this is a very good line up!

If this is true, then Rohr has finally accepted that the most natural goalscorer we have in the SE setup today is Kelechi Iheanacho. With Kele, it is not huff and puff, he can place his shots at goal with ease and accuracy. His positioning too in Box 18 is impeccable. I just hope that Iheanacho rises up to the billing because frankly so far in his SE career, he has proved way short of what we all know he is capable of.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Ihenacho is capable of scoring half chances, that is what is needed today, the Ighalo i saw at Watford was a sharp striker, dont know if playing in China has taken away his natural instincts, i felt against croatia, we were too cautious due to respect of the opposition, Rohr set us not to lose but for 2 mistakes, that would have been the case, now they have to go for broke, you dont, that rusty DC 9 is waiting in the tarmac to bring you back home
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I would have preferred Iwobi to Musa. Give Iwobi a free role behind Kelechi. Have Etebo and Iwobi be the creative element behind Kelechi. But it is an okay lineup. It is going to be a difficult game. Aggression alone is not going to win the game. We have to be patient and make smart team plays. Individualism or na me score am will not work.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Rohr is going to have to make dramatic changes at half time. This line-up will not work!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

:lol: :lol:
Orion wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good luck trying to make fans or people in general happy. It can never be done. That is why in life, just do what seems right to you and live with it.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

marko wrote:Ihenacho is capable of scoring half chances, that is what is needed today, the Ighalo i saw at Watford was a sharp striker, dont know if playing in China has taken away his natural instincts, i felt against croatia, we were too cautious due to respect of the opposition, Rohr set us not to lose but for 2 mistakes, that would have been the case, now they have to go for broke, you dont, that rusty DC 9 is waiting in the tarmac to bring you back home
Ighalo stopped scoring before he went to China , abeg don't blame China :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: so all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about line up yesterday was for naught?

Anyway, we await the official line up. No matter who dey field, GO EAGLES!!! we got dis!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

marko wrote:Ihenacho is capable of scoring half chances, that is what is needed today, the Ighalo i saw at Watford was a sharp striker, dont know if playing in China has taken away his natural instincts, i felt against croatia, we were too cautious due to respect of the opposition, Rohr set us not to lose but for 2 mistakes, that would have been the case, now they have to go for broke, you dont, that rusty DC 9 is waiting in the tarmac to bring you back home

How many half chances did Iheanacho score last game?

How many half chances did the team create last game?

Some Nigerians still don't understand that it is a team sport. Even Messi, the best player in the game failed to score against Iceland and Croatia because the team he plays for his rubbish.

Iceland beat England. They are no pushover. It is going to be difficult to score

Keys to victory.

1. Solid defense- set piece defending. Check the counter attacks, fight for every 50/50. Press up the field at the start of the first and 2nd half.
2. Patient and smart offense. Have a 2nd, 3rd,4th and 5th plan to open Iceland disciplined defense. Can't miss chances, because they will be limited to a few.

3. Luck
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

oloye wrote:
Ighalo stopped scoring before he went to China , abeg don't blame China :lol:
KPOM
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

If Rohr did not change things they will say he's clueless and stubborn. If he changes things dem go talk say he pressed the panic button and things no go work. Do, na wahala, don't do, na fight.

Make una just shut up and follow game. Geez
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

How on earth are Musa and Iheanacho going to cope with the highly physical Iceland defenders? These guys look and act like Vikings.

I cannot think of a match where we need Ighalo more than this! This is going to be a roughty toughty physical fight!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

pajimoh wrote:If Rohr did not change things they will say he's clueless and stubborn. If he changes things dem go talk say he pressed the panic button and things no go work. Do, na wahala, don't do, na fight.

Make una just shut up and follow game. Geez
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: just further confirmation you cant satisfy everyone, so do what YOU want to do,
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Hopefully Ebuehi gets an official cap at some point.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Bestplayer
Egg
Egg

Post by Bestplayer »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Rohr is going to have to make dramatic changes at half time. This line-up will not work!
Even at this stage, the guy is still groping around in the dark as far as SE as a team is concerned. I can't wait for his #$% to be fired once all this is over :idea:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Bestplayer wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Rohr is going to have to make dramatic changes at half time. This line-up will not work!
Even at this stage, the guy is still groping around in the dark as far as SE as a team is concerned. I can't wait for his #$% to be fired once all this is over :idea:

I actually want him to stay in even if we lose all three group games because his problem is that he does not know Nigerian players. What we need is continuity as happened under Father Tiko and Clemence Westerhoff.

If Rohr is in the job for four years, he will not be making these kind of mistakes. What he needs is the time to scout for and groom players.

Westerhoff went looking for players and eventually found them. I want Rohr to stay until at least the 2022 World Cup, so he can do likewise.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:How on earth are Musa and Iheanacho going to cope with the highly physical Iceland defenders? These guys look and act like Vikings.

I cannot think of a match where we need Ighalo more than this! This is going to be a roughty toughty physical fight!
This is football not WWE :lol: :lol: