Confirmed line up (from Owngoal)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Confirmed line up (from Owngoal)

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Bestplayer wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Rohr is going to have to make dramatic changes at half time. This line-up will not work!
Even at this stage, the guy is still groping around in the dark as far as SE as a team is concerned. I can't wait for his #$% to be fired once all this is over :idea:

I actually want him to stay in even if we lose all three group games because his problem is that he does not know Nigerian players. What we need is continuity as happened under Father Tiko and Clemence Westerhoff.

If Rohr is in the job for four years, he will not be making these kind of mistakes. What he needs is the time to scout for and groom players.

Westerhoff went looking for players and eventually found them. I want Rohr to stay until at least the 2022 World Cup, so he can do likewise.

I want him sacked if he looses all three matches.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Rohr didn’t do any mistakes in the first game he just lost to a BETTER team. Shikena! He must continue after this World Cup except he willingly resigns
Bestplayer
Egg
Egg

Post by Bestplayer »

john12 wrote:Rohr didn’t do any mistakes in the first game he just lost to a BETTER team. Shikena! He must continue after this World Cup except he willingly resigns
My fren **** off... :mad: :curse:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Best of a bad bunch. Would certainly have dropped Iwobi (in a 3-5-2) and definitely gone for two upfront. Ighalo would be meat and drink for the big, burly Icelandics, atleast on paper. Iheanacho posss a different threat and paired with a pacy forward, has the intelligence to exploit the gaps.

Twas either a 3-5-2 or 4-3-1-2, with Iwobi out in the former and Moses in the latter. Flaws in both systems. But...here it is, get stuck in!
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Bestplayer wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Rohr is going to have to make dramatic changes at half time. This line-up will not work!
Even at this stage, the guy is still groping around in the dark as far as SE as a team is concerned. I can't wait for his #$% to be fired once all this is over :idea:

I actually want him to stay in even if we lose all three group games because his problem is that he does not know Nigerian players. What we need is continuity as happened under Father Tiko and Clemence Westerhoff.

If Rohr is in the job for four years, he will not be making these kind of mistakes. What he needs is the time to scout for and groom players.

Westerhoff went looking for players and eventually found them. I want Rohr to stay until at least the 2022 World Cup, so he can do likewise.
Your tune will change if Iceland beat us. Rohr needs to go...for him to leave out Onyekuru alone deserves a lifetime in jail.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Coach wrote:Best of a bad bunch. Would certainly have dropped Iwobi (in a 3-5-2) and definitely gone for two upfront. Ighalo would be meat and drink for the big, burly Icelandics, atleast on paper. Iheanacho posss a different threat and paired with a pacy forward, has the intelligence to exploit the gaps.

Twas either a 3-5-2 or 4-3-1-2, with Iwobi out in the former and Moses in the latter. Flaws in both systems. But...here it is, get stuck in!
Yea it will be stupid to start that midget to battle giants.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Benedict Iroha wrote:
Coach wrote:Best of a bad bunch. Would certainly have dropped Iwobi (in a 3-5-2) and definitely gone for two upfront. Ighalo would be meat and drink for the big, burly Icelandics, atleast on paper. Iheanacho posss a different threat and paired with a pacy forward, has the intelligence to exploit the gaps.

Yea it will be stupid to start that midget to battle giants.
Iheanacho is 6’1’’ he’s taller than Ighalo.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

I am talking about Ighalo.
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

Orion wrote:
cchinukw wrote:This is going to slow down the eagles tremendously.

Kelechi will be quiet in front of Iceland.

Again, this is another timid line up guys!
OMG, you guys can never ever be pleased! The player everyone was screaming for has now been included and the offending player removed.

It's quite possible Rohr is looking to replace Obi with Iwobi at some point in the game hence the inclusion of Musa.
...Orion do not waste your time thinking about never satisfied internet coach...ignore all the crying coach to enjoy your game. After Argentina was exposed and naked by Croatia, ignorant ones exposed themselves praising Naija against Croatia...
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

For all our problems, we’ve come a long way.
We have a bench for the first time in a while and lots of options.
Take Mikel out of this line up (I’m not suggesting it) and you have a lineup that will be in its prime in 4 years time.
Really looking forward to this today.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It should be interesting today. Team that has trouble scoring going up against a defensive juganut like Iceland. We have to be ready for counter attack football.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ohenhen1 wrote:It should be interesting today. Team that has trouble scoring going up against a defensive juganut like Iceland. We have to be ready for counter attack football.
Who has trouble scoring? You no see Etebo's goal against Croatia? :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Echiejile > Idowu.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

oscar52 wrote:Echiejile > Idowu.
They are the same to me, interchangeable with the same result, good defending, nothing going forward.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Synopsis wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:How on earth are Musa and Iheanacho going to cope with the highly physical Iceland defenders? These guys look and act like Vikings.

I cannot think of a match where we need Ighalo more than this! This is going to be a roughty toughty physical fight!
This is football not WWE :lol: :lol:
Musa is far stronger than Iwobi,
Oya back to the matter
open and close
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Don't like the lineup either. I think we will struggle to create chances again, but I hope I'm wrong. Would have liked to see Iwobi as the AM. Also don't like our biggest attack threat, Moses playing as a wingback. He has more defensive responsibilities when he plays that role. Prefer him higher up the pitch.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Did Rohr watch France vs Iceland in Euros and has be scouted Iceland?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

doctorollie wrote:The Super Eagles of Nigeria are going to be lined up in a 3-5-2 formation when they take on Iceland later today in their second group game at the Russia 2018 World Cup in Volgograd.

Coach Gernot Rohr has ditched the 4-2-3-1 formation used in the 0-2 loss to Croatia and has also replaced some players who started in the first game ‎but fail to convince.

Rohr has also revert Victor Moses to the right wing-back role he plays at his club Chelsea while Kenneth Omeruo replaces Shehu Abdullahi as the team moves to a formation of three centre backs.

Kelechi Iheanacho takes the spot of Odion Ighalo and he would be supported in a two man attack by Ahmed Musa who is in the squad at the expense of Arsenal forward Alex Iwobi who drops to the bench.

Full Line Up.

Francis Uzoho

Kenneth Omeruo

William Troost-Ekong

Leon Balogun

Victor Moses

Bryan Idowu

Mikel Obi

Oghenekaro Etebo

Wilfred Ndidi

Kelechi Iheanacho

Ahmed Musa

3-5-2

Now this is a very good line up!
If true, Ndidi, Ihenacho, and Musa make sense.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

I am not sure of Omeru especially his positioning. I concur that he is good on the ball and has good recovery but the good recovery is neutralized by his penchant for poor positioning to start with (sometimes). I'm hoping he maintains all round discipline
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
oscar52 wrote:Echiejile > Idowu.
They are the same to me, interchangeable with the same result, good defending, nothing going forward.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Synopsis wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:How on earth are Musa and Iheanacho going to cope with the highly physical Iceland defenders? These guys look and act like Vikings.

I cannot think of a match where we need Ighalo more than this! This is going to be a roughty toughty physical fight!
This is football not WWE :lol: :lol:
Abeg ax am Chicarito way do am against much taller and physical Germans was how tall?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

icee wrote:I am not sure of Omeru especially his positioning. I concur that he is good on the ball and has good recovery but the good recovery is neutralized by his penchant for poor positioning to start with (sometimes). I'm hoping he maintains all round discipline
As long as he doesn't slip at a crucial moment... I am good with it.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »