We can all Agree No More Ighalo in the SE WC lineup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P
We can all Agree No More Ighalo in the SE WC lineup

Post by 2drama »

See how the team was able to move much faster . I don't think he is built for the 3-5-2 formation
he lacks speed
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: We can all Agree No More Ighalo in the SE WC lineup

Post by Tbite »

Holding up as well can be a disadvantage or an advantage, it doesn't always help the team.

For example he had the opportunity to release Iwobi for goal number 3, but was tussling with the defender.

Nacho's finishing was uncharacteristically poor, but Ighalo is not his equal.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
solo
Egg
Egg

Post by solo »

Tbite wrote:Holding up as well can be a disadvantage or an advantage, it doesn't always help the team.

For example he had the opportunity to release Iwobi for goal number 3, but was tussling with the defender.

But Nacho released the ball in time to keep the tempo going
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

You guys have started again....Ighalo is a very important player for us!
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

2drama wrote:See how the team was able to move much faster . I don't think he is built for the 3-5-2 formation
he lacks speed
That's the flexibility of playing 2 different formations. Musa is a big game player for Nigeria, and really excelled today.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

airwolex wrote:You guys have started again....Ighalo is a very important player for us!
Not even close , I prefer fast pace players (Musa , Osaze), over slower players,

Even tho Yak was slower but he was more efficient than Ighalo

Ighalo needs to come off the bench.
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

2drama wrote:See how the team was able to move much faster . I don't think he is built for the 3-5-2 formation
he lacks speed
I disagree. Ighalo has a role to play in this team. The only thing I can agree on is that he should never be left isolated again. He is no Drogba or Costa that can destroy a backline on his own. He needs speed around him to be effective.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

goke313 wrote:We could’ve had 3 goals if it wasn’t for Igalho
have you given it a thought that him holding that ball for almost 30 seconds also kept the ball from the icelanders; more goals are not always the only thing you do to win a game. so STFU
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

charlie wrote:
he lacks speed
I disagree. Ighalo has a role to play in this team. The only thing I can agree on is that he should never be left isolated again. He is no Drogba or Costa that can destroy a backline on his own. He needs speed around him to be effective.
You would think this should be obvious right?
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

he lacks speed
Nonsense....... Now we moved from Musa bashing to Ighalo.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

jette1 wrote:
goke313 wrote:We could’ve had 3 goals if it wasn’t for Igalho
have you given it a thought that him holding that ball for almost 30 seconds also kept the ball from the icelanders; more goals are not always the only thing you do to win a game. so STFU
In that situation he would’ve been better off relasing it...so you can go ahead and STFU
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 2drama »

zee wrote:
he lacks speed
Nonsense....... Now we moved from Musa bashing to Ighalo.
that never change many of us on CE still think Ighalo is not efficient even before the 2018 WC. do a search history, his on field perform is sub par compared to other Nigerian strikers

Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

He messed up two goal scoring opportunities.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Ighalo was brilliant when he came on! He hold-up play made the Icelanders virtually give up. Did you see their heads drop when he stopped them winnning the ball back?
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Ighalo was brilliant when he came on! He hold-up play made the Icelanders virtually give up. Did you see their heads drop when he stopped them winnning the ball back?
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Ighalo will score in this world cup.

He is getting into tournament mode.

I am a believer.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 2drama »

cchinukw wrote:Ighalo will score in this world cup.

He is getting into tournament mode.

I am a believer.
keep the hope alive for all us doubters, so when he scores I can chop humble pie.

Until then I am not buying it

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ighalo has his uses. He help up the game well when he came on. He denied the Icelanders possession and basically help us wind down the clock
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
miky
Egg
Egg

Post by miky »

How a coach uses a holding player is important!! this is exactly what drogba does

When i played as a midfielder in my club, i loved players that could hold the ball for us to come through.. It makes you work less, and retain the ball. it also occupies the defender, because he is busy guarding
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 2drama »

pajimoh wrote:Ighalo has his uses. He help up the game well when he came on. He denied the Icelanders possession and basically help us wind down the clock
he can come off the bench. Just not be in the starting lineup

marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Odion Ighalo is a world class hold up striker!
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

Tbite wrote:Holding up as well can be a disadvantage or an advantage, it doesn't always help the team.

I saw that too...