We can all Agree No More Ighalo in the SE WC lineup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

9jaMan
Egg
Egg
Re: We can all Agree No More Ighalo in the SE WC lineup

Post by 9jaMan »

Synopsis wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Ighalo was brilliant when he came on! He hold-up play made the Icelanders virtually give up. Did you see their heads drop when he stopped them winnning the ball back?

Ighalo must hug the bench abeg. He can always replace a tired kele in the second half
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

9jaMan wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Ighalo was brilliant when he came on! He hold-up play made the Icelanders virtually give up. Did you see their heads drop when he stopped them winnning the ball back?

Ighalo must hug the bench abeg. He can always replace a tired kele in the second half
:agree: This has to be done moving forward
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Once it is all said and done we wish him all the very best in China never to be invited back to the Eagles he is a complete and utter waste pipe. Nigeria has too many strikers coming through to continue wasting a space on a player that can’t score and has done nothing to improve his game.....
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Synopsis wrote:He messed up two goal scoring opportunities.
Una done come again.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

**Shakes head**

Depends on the game, player form and tactics. That is why teams have a squad.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Cristao II wrote:**Shakes head**

Evidently, they haven't heard of the concept of role-players. Only, in naija wey all man must be a pele wannabe in order to justify their shirt.
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

Cristao II wrote:**Shakes head**

If we had a midfield that is capable of providing service then yes.

This team at the moment the midfield attacking and passes is at a all SE low

so Ighalo needs to come off from the bench.

If coach starts him again we are toast vs Argentina
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Wow they are still scapegoating Ighalo.

The guy works best if he has a strike partner. Some one like Troy Deeney.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

muzines wrote:
2drama wrote:See how the team was able to move much faster . I don't think he is built for the 3-5-2 formation
he lacks speed
That's the flexibility of playing 2 different formations. Musa is a big game player for Nigeria, and really excelled today.

Musa is better planing near or down the middle. His brain doesn't work like a traditional winger
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Synopsis wrote:
I actually thought this was a fairly good attempt at a joke/sarcasm until I saw the poster.

His hold up play made the Icelanders give up. Did you see the way their head dropped ........ :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

zee wrote:
2drama wrote:See how the team was able to move much faster . I don't think he is built for the 3-5-2 formation
he lacks speed
Nonsense....... Now we moved from Musa bashing to Ighalo.

I tire for our people. It seems like we must always be bashing someone.
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 2drama »

mystic wrote:
zee wrote:
he lacks speed

until he silences his critics. So far he has not for all these years

mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

2drama wrote:
mystic wrote:
zee wrote:
he lacks speed

I thought he silenced his critics against Cameroon. Or that doesn't count again? Mind you I prefer to see Kele starting, but Ighalo is still a very important striker for us, and somewhere along the line, he will be crucial.

I have confidence in every member of the Super Eagles squad bar one player.
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 2drama »

mystic wrote:
2drama wrote:
mystic wrote:
zee wrote:
he lacks speed

I thought he silenced his critics against Cameroon. Or that doesn't count again? Mind you I prefer to see Kele starting, but Ighalo is still a very important striker for us, and somewhere along the line, he will be crucial.

That yesterday's news. We are in the WC. In sales its all about today and not yesterday

born2win
Egg
Egg

Post by born2win »

Is he ighalo giving the coach money?

Why not try Simy.

Ighalo is too heavy
chif456
Egg
Egg

Post by chif456 »

You do know that formation affects the effectiveness of a striker. I our game against Croatia he had absolutely no service. It seems like the coach doesn't want to play him with a partner. I actually think Igalo and Musa for Argentina. Kele to come in 2nd half
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

2drama wrote:
mystic wrote:
2drama wrote:
mystic wrote:
zee wrote:
he lacks speed

That yesterday's news. We are in the WC. In sales its all about today and not yesterday

Before this game anyone who brought up Musa's antecedents was lambasted for referring to yesteryear. Let's appreciate the positives that our players bring to the table and hope that Rohr can find ways to accentuate their better qualities on the pitch.
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Ighalo's major negatives are his speed and his poor positioning. His positive is his physical presence. This is probably why Rohr plays him as a lone striker. In a two forward formation the Musa - Iheanacho combination clearly failed. Musa basically did everything on his own while Iheanacho was a decoy.

I frankly think the forward pairing we should look at is Iwobi + Iheanacho and Iwobi + Musa.
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

pajimoh wrote:Ighalo has his uses. He help up the game well when he came on. He denied the Icelanders possession and basically help us wind down the clock
So are you saying he is a holding striker a.k.a. non-scoring striker?
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Flex Swift wrote:Once it is all said and done we wish him all the very best in China never to be invited back to the Eagles he is a complete and utter waste pipe. Nigeria has too many strikers coming through to continue wasting a space on a player that can’t score and has done nothing to improve his game.....
Nonsense.......................anyway, 'football-know-nothings' have a right to EXIST too. :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

kali wrote:Ighalo's major negatives are his speed and his poor positioning. His positive is his physical presence. This is probably why Rohr plays him as a lone striker. In a two forward formation the Musa - Iheanacho combination clearly failed. Musa basically did everything on his own while Iheanacho was a decoy.

I frankly think the forward pairing we should look at is Iwobi + Iheanacho and Iwobi + Musa.
Just go and 'RE-WATCH' the damn match(I just finishing doing it myself)..............and spend a lot of your concentration on the 2nd half.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

kali wrote:Ighalo's major negatives are his speed and his poor positioning. His positive is his physical presence. This is probably why Rohr plays him as a lone striker. In a two forward formation the Musa - Iheanacho combination clearly failed. Musa basically did everything on his own while Iheanacho was a decoy.

Iheanacho was a decoy. But that effectively gave Musa space. Iheanacho's movement off the ball was impecable. And had Etebo passed, instead of shooting, Iheanacho would have likely scored.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

born2win wrote:Is he ighalo giving the coach money?

Why not try Simy.

Ighalo is too heavy
...........................and when will you grow a brain?