Today Rohr Earned His Stripe As A Coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Shownoja
Egg
Egg
Today Rohr Earned His Stripe As A Coach

Post by Shownoja »

That half time move to take off an ineffective Idowu injected pace and width into the side. And Ebuehi? Each game he plays, he serves me humble pie. He totally had his man in his pocket. No movement there whatsoever. Love it.

Credit where due. Rohr came to play today.
To stop trying is to start dying
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg
Re: Today Rohr Earned His Stripe As A Coach

Post by Metho scorpion »

Shownoja wrote:That half time move to take off an ineffective Idowu injected pace and width into the side. And Ebuehi? Each game he plays, he serves me humble pie. He totally had his man in his pocket. No movement there whatsoever. Love it.

Credit where due. Rohr came to play today.
...Shownoja, not just today...he has always been what he is...the crap ones here don forget say the man brought us this far with class...
...Rohr was celebrated big time when we qualified...but for few days mouth has been reckless against him...
...yeye people...
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

He should stop being unnecessarily over-academic by complicating simple things - we played series of friendlies. We all saw what happens each time we shift to 3-5-2. I am not an expert on football formations but what we all saw was the fact that our team was always way more comfortable with that formation. How our Einsteins arrive at how it won't work against Croatia is what I don't understand. When you allow our players play formations that they are comfortable with they will confuse even the inventor of the formation with the way they will use it to adapt to different opponents. Do your tweaks but let these boys play to their strength. There is only going to be one World Cup winner so let's have fun and fight it out till the end. At least if we crash out we know we gave our very best not shackled by some stupid formation.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

I am still not comfortable with his decisions, why did he remove Etebo when Mikel was showing tiredness? And brought in Igahol to replace kelechi?

Against Argentina, his luck will run out if he tried that. Congrats to the team
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

YemiBrazil wrote:He should stop being unnecessarily over-academic by complicating simple things - we played series of friendlies. We all saw what happens each time we shift to 3-5-2. I am not an expert on football formations but what we all saw was the fact that our team was always way more comfortable with that formation. How our Einsteins arrive at how it won't work against Croatia is what I don't understand. When you allow our players play formations that they are comfortable with they will confuse even the inventor of the formation with the way they will use it to adapt to different opponents. Do your tweaks but let these boys play to their strength. There is only going to be one World Cup winner so let's have fun and fight it out till the end. At least if we crash out we know we gave our very best not shackled by some stupid formation.

We're capable in different formations. Issue in the first game wasn't formation.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

mystic wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:He should stop being unnecessarily over-academic by complicating simple things - we played series of friendlies. We all saw what happens each time we shift to 3-5-2. I am not an expert on football formations but what we all saw was the fact that our team was always way more comfortable with that formation. How our Einsteins arrive at how it won't work against Croatia is what I don't understand. When you allow our players play formations that they are comfortable with they will confuse even the inventor of the formation with the way they will use it to adapt to different opponents. Do your tweaks but let these boys play to their strength. There is only going to be one World Cup winner so let's have fun and fight it out till the end. At least if we crash out we know we gave our very best not shackled by some stupid formation.

We're capable in different formations. Issue in the first game wasn't formation.
Yes we were capable in different formations but much more capable with 3-5-2. We all saw that during previous matches. The issue in the first game was formation - based on our past matches.

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

The first game wasn’t FORMATION abeg just Admit that a BETTER team won
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

mystic wrote:

Thank you very much. You play accordingly.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

No, he did not. He needs to put the correct team out there instead of in-game adjustments.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

You cant always use the same formation. Otherwise you will get neutralized by good teams. You have to mix things up so you can not only attack opponents weaknesses, but also keep them guessing as well. If we had played 3-5-2 against Croatia, they would have exploited badly like they did Argentina (Argentina switched to a 5 man midfield and 3 defenders yesterday when they got destroyed).

Yes we have a go-to formation in 3-5-2, but we need to develop more to be a better team.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

YemiBrazil wrote:
mystic wrote:

Yes we were capable in different formations but much more capable with 3-5-2. We all saw that during previous matches. The issue in the first game was formation - based on our past matches.
Based on the two games I've watched, the goal was to get a draw against Croatia and get a win against Iceland. Besides, he made major changes against Iceland. Maybe if he had the right personnel in the right position in the first game maybe we would have come up with a tie or win.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

charlie wrote:
You cant always use the same formation. Otherwise you will get neutralized by good teams. You have to mix things up so you can not only attack opponents weaknesses, but also keep them guessing as well. If we had played 3-5-2 against Croatia, they would have exploited badly like they did Argentina (Argentina switched to a 5 man midfield and 3 defenders yesterday when they got destroyed).

Yes we have a go-to formation in 3-5-2, but we need to develop more to be a better team.
Yes you can't always use the same formation and it was pointed out during the friendlies that the good thing about our team was the ability to adapt to different formations. Our first half against Argentina & England were horrible until we tidied things up with 3 at the back and a fluid 2 wing backs that could adjust depending on the opposition and momentum of the game. Same with the 3-man core midfield which is also fluid. What we lacked against Croatia was 2 upfront which 3-5-2 provides. I will always totally disagree that Croatia would have exploited 3-5-2 against us. Based on what??? Speed? Positioning?? No way.

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I have said it several times before and I will say it again: I don't see how Croatia would NOT have lost had we deployed the 3-5-2 formation - against them.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

You mean he needed the clueless fans to earn what he has been doing for living.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Rohr didn't pick this team nor the tactics his own.
The senior players read the riot act to the football coward........'WE WANT AND WILL PLAY AS NIGERIANS IN THE REMAINING MATCHES'.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Not that complicated to fathom is it? :thumb: :agree:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Odas wrote:
I have said it several times before and I will say it again: I don't see how Croatia would NOT have lost had we deployed the 3-5-2 formation - against them.
Honestly, I don't understand the football that these guys watch. I spent time watching notoriously formation-centric academic teams in Brazil, talking about Corinthians and Atletico Paranaense who had football scholars supporting their bench. I still don't see what made them think 3-5-2 would have failed against Croatia especially when we have the added advantage of our players surprisingly being very comfortable with the formation. The usual problem with 3-5-2 is player resistance. We don't have that issue.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

oloye wrote:You mean he needed the clueless fans to earn what he has been doing for living.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

utter clueless clowns pretending to be fans!!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

YemiBrazil wrote:
mystic wrote:

Croatia came with a 4-2-4 formation and it would have been suicidal playing 3-5-2.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Lolly wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
mystic wrote:

Croatia came with a 4-2-4 formation and it would have been suicidal playing 3-5-2.
That is not true. It is in fact a fallacy. They need speed not just 4-2-4. They would have been forced to adjust within 5 minutes!

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

zee wrote:Rohr didn't pick this team nor the tactics his own.
The senior players read the riot act to the football coward........'WE WANT AND WILL PLAY AS NIGERIANS IN THE REMAINING MATCHES'.
Shame no dey catch you? :taunt: :taunt:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Kpom!

Rohr did not do anything we haven't been shouting about on this forum.

We asked that we shift to 352 to be more effective.

Rohr is still VERY SLOOOOW with subs. I see no reason to wait when it is obvious something is not working. Idowu, off. Etebo, off. Moses, off. All 3 were having horrendous games by their standards... and should have been subbed off. Don't know if we would have been lucky carrying such deadwood in future games.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

charlie wrote:

You would think that this would be obvious!!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16