B"Big Game' Musa Restores Hope.....+ Ratings

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
B"Big Game' Musa Restores Hope.....+ Ratings

Post by Enugu II »

Ahmed Musa, so often derided by Nigerian fans, once again proved why he is so critical. He scored a brace and had a third come off the bar as Nigeria outclassed Iceland 2-0 to restore hope of reaching the Round of 16 of the 2018 World Cup in Russia. There were those who even questioned Musa's inclusion in Nigeria's final 23-man squad to the World Cup. Then others questioned the coach's decision to restore him to the starting position in this game against Iceland. But few of them would ask further questions after he single handedly destroyed Iceland.
In the second half, as Nigeria increased the pace it was surely a matter of time. That goal arrived four minutes into the second half when Musa scored a world class goal with a superb control of Moses' cross before hitting viciously into the net. Then in the 74th minute he hit another spectacular shot against the bar. But he was not finished. A minute later, he broke speedily into the left side of the box leaving a defender in his wake and then left the goalkeeper sprawling in a quick dribble before hitting another shot into the net. It was a goal that surely will be shown over and over again in the future.
Details here:

http://eaglecity.blogspot.com/2018/06/b ... -hope.html
Last edited by Enugu II on Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
charlie
Egg
Egg
Re: B"Big Game' Musa Restores Hope.....+ Ratings

Post by charlie »

Chief, I cant access your blog. I think you posted the editor link
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: B"Big Game' Musa Restores Hope.....+ Ratings

Post by Enugu II »

charlie wrote:Chief, I cant access your blog. I think you posted the editor link
Charlie,

Thank you!! Corrected it.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics