Moses is a hindrance to our attack

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Moses is a hindrance to our attack

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Dude does not know how to lay the ball off for anyone. Does not anticipate runs into space, takes too many touches and kills the momentum of every good move that goes through him. I am done. Goals are scored with quick passing movements. If Moses had played in that Argentina friendly last year we would have lost. I hope he is dropped for the next friendly.

Wha choo looking at?!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Moses is a hindrance to our attack

Post by Cellular »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Dude does not know how to lay the ball off for anyone. Does not anticipate runs into space, takes too many touches and kills the momentum of every good move that goes through him. I am done. Goals are scored with quick passing movements. If Moses had played in that Argentina friendly last year we would have lost. I hope he is dropped for the next friendly.
Sacrilege.

Wash your mouth and keyboard with Izal.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cellular wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:Dude does not know how to lay the ball off for anyone. Does not anticipate runs into space, takes too many touches and kills the momentum of every good move that goes through him. I am done. Goals are scored with quick passing movements. If Moses had played in that Argentina friendly last year we would have lost. I hope he is dropped for the next friendly.
Sacrilege.

:D Wait, there is more ...

Wha choo looking at?!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Cellular wrote:
Sacrilege.

Can u believe that a grown man will wake up and type such rubbish in 2018? izal won’t do it, he needs to Washington his mouth with hard water from a North Korean nuclear reactor. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Okay we should drop Moses that has being performing since WCQ as one of our best players for who??? Do you have one of your clients available??? Delusional people
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Want to know why we have a static and disjointed attack wey don knock engine? I put it down to Vic Mo's tendencies. Human beings work on reinforcement. If someone makes a run into space and it is rewarded with a well-timed pass, said someone will keep running into space whenever he sees friendly ball possession. On the oda hand, when person don run into space two or 3 times and e no receive ball, everytime wey e see say person (OK, Vic Mo) get ball, im go jus tanda dia, because e sabi say Vic Mo no go pass ball lai lai.

This attitude eventually infects the whole attack. They see Vic Mo has the ball? Don't bother running. Make we tanda for side see wetin him go do with the ball. Yeah that's right, run into a blind alley for the 13,447th time. Vic Mo is supposed to be setting an example for Iwobi and other younger ones in the same position, but now Iwobi is exhibiting the same annoying tendencies. Even Ndidi :shock: sef don begin dance ajasco for midfield instead of releasing ball.

Wha choo looking at?!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Don't think it's that bad, but VM and Iwobi are quite indulgent in the SE. They try ish that they would never do in their clubs. They know that they are almost untouchable and it shows in their play at times. Up to Rohr to curb their excesses.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

He is a bit of a wildcard. When he plays with his teammates, he is unplayable. When he decides to go freelancing. Well he is inefficient and a waste of space. Iwobi is same. Iwobi actually left his role yesterday and tried to take over control of creating for a SE side that struggled to do that (good thing) but he kept holding onto the ball and wound up playing right into Serbian hands (bad thing). He played like a street baller yesterday.

I think with VM, he has a tendency not to show up for friendlies, I think when the real serious work starts, he'll be more disciplined. His role is to create from the wings and in the WCQs, he showed that he plays the role with pluses and minuses but far more pluses. I take that. I think he's one of the few players we have who're genuinely hard to mark. By the way, he has had a rougher season at Chelsea than last time. Ditto Iwobi. Lets hope both guys can benefit from a great camp.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

So we should drop Victor Moses for who??? You guys just like talking nonsense for the sake of speaking. Who should Victor Moses be dropped for?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

All I know he can't give a decent cross to save his life
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

john12 wrote:So we should drop Victor Moses for who??? You guys just like talking nonsense for the sake of speaking. Who should Victor Moses be dropped for?
Nobody said he should be dropped.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

airwolex wrote:Don't think it's that bad, but VM and Iwobi are quite indulgent in the SE. They try ish that they would never do in their clubs. They know that they are almost untouchable and it shows in their play at times. Up to Rohr to curb their excesses.
100% correct.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

john12 wrote:Okay we should drop Moses that has being performing since WCQ as one of our best players for who??? Do you have one of your clients available??? Delusional people
Child, hush.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Oh dear .....now is the time to shut down this site and we come back after the world cup.....i am about to lose my head if i read one more analysis :scared: :scared: ....

Mods please save me .....
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Want to know why we have a static and disjointed attack wey don knock engine? I put it down to Vic Mo's tendencies. Human beings work on reinforcement. If someone makes a run into space and it is rewarded with a well-timed pass, said someone will keep running into space whenever he sees friendly ball possession. On the oda hand, when person don run into space two or 3 times and e no receive ball, everytime wey e see say person (OK, Vic Mo) get ball, im go jus tanda dia, because e sabi say Vic Mo no go pass ball lai lai.

This attitude eventually infects the whole attack. They see Vic Mo has the ball? Don't bother running. Make we tanda for side see wetin him go do with the ball. Yeah that's right, run into a blind alley for the 13,447th time. Vic Mo is supposed to be setting an example for Iwobi and other younger ones in the same position, but now Iwobi is exhibiting the same annoying tendencies. Even Ndidi :shock: sef don begin dance ajasco for midfield instead of releasing ball.

I agree with you 100% on the highlighted. That being said, while he does tend to slow down our attack at times, victor moses (despite his frustrating tendencies) is indispensable to the team at the moment. No one else that has been featured constantly on the team so far has the ability to take on his man like he does and create chances at the same time.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

platinum wrote:He is a bit of a wildcard. When he plays with his teammates, he is unplayable. When he decides to go freelancing. Well he is inefficient and a waste of space. Iwobi is same. Iwobi actually left his role yesterday and tried to take over control of creating for a SE side that struggled to do that (good thing) but he kept holding onto the ball and wound up playing right into Serbian hands (bad thing). He played like a street baller yesterday.

I think with VM, he has a tendency not to show up for friendlies, I think when the real serious work starts, he'll be more disciplined. His role is to create from the wings and in the WCQs, he showed that he plays the role with pluses and minuses but far more pluses. I take that. I think he's one of the few players we have who're genuinely hard to mark. By the way, he has had a rougher season at Chelsea than last time. Ditto Iwobi. Lets hope both guys can benefit from a great camp.

Kpom.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

The YeyeMan wrote:
airwolex wrote:Don't think it's that bad, but VM and Iwobi are quite indulgent in the SE. They try ish that they would never do in their clubs. They know that they are almost untouchable and it shows in their play at times. Up to Rohr to curb their excesses.
100% correct.

here is a quote from Rohr about Iwobi reported in the Standard Sport.
"With us all the time he’s very good, already in Poland [where Nigeria won 1-0] and he was fantastic tonight," Rohr told Standard Sport.

"Perhaps some times [he did] a little too much individually, he wanted to make a show. We prefer collective football.

TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

THIS HERE IS THE REAL PROBLEM!!!!

People want to deny it but the fact is that they are given leeway to do things that tend to get us in a lot of trouble defensively and don't really coordinate a proper attack because they care more about flicks. Also the wild finishing from the both of them is abysmal.
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

I'm also not saying VM should be dropped but he really should be talked to extensively by the technical crew. They should just show him a replay of Nigeria vs Denmark at the 1998 World Cup and show what it can possibly lead to.
miky
Egg
Egg

Post by miky »

Una dey craze, when people are building their squad around their most creative and dangerous players, una they talk of limiting moses.

Nigerias WCup is based on Moses and Mikel. Get players to run around them, and free them up, and things will shake. today was an off day thats all
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Cellular wrote:
Sacrilege.

You dey mind 'football-know-nothings' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

miky wrote:Una dey craze, when people are building their squad around their most creative and dangerous players, una they talk of limiting moses.

Nigerias WCup is based on Moses and Mikel.
Get players to run around them, and free them up, and things will shake. today was an off day thats all
Kpom...........add Musa(a proven performer at the highest level) to the two.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Lol. Perhaps with Mikel out, he felt the need to do more. Usually he's disciplined with his creativity spurts so I'm not too worried.