10 things that need fixing for the Argentina game

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
10 things that need fixing for the Argentina game

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

(1) We started the game too slowly. On the first half we did not have one shot on target. Against better opposition they will be costly

(2) We conceded too many free kicks near our penalty area. Messi will not be so forgiving

(3) There were too many unforced errors. Take the penalty for instance. Omeruo and Ebuehi put us in trouble without any pressure

(4) Until we scored the second goal, we lost most of the 50:50 balls. Our boys appeared to shy away from tackles. If they do they against Argentina they will be toast

(5) We need not make the best use of our counter attacks. We had the chance to score about four goals

(6) Musa and Iheanacho lost possession too much for my liking. Whenever they did, we were under pressure

(7) Why can’t we make better use of corner kicks? How many did Iheanacho waste today?

(8) Why do we concede so many corner kicks?

(9) I hope Idowu is not played again. He gave is nothing going forward. Ebuehi was superb. I still think Joel Obi is our best bet in that position

(10) Too often, our final ball was poor. There was no quality in the final third. We need one or two defence splitting passes per half
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 10 things that need fixing for the Argentina game

Post by marko »

100% correct, yes we won but we made several mistakes in the 1st half, we wasted so many balls, could not counter attack, lost the ball far too easily and not under pressure, that penalty was so cheap, again not under pressure

Yes they improved 2nd half and Musa definitely redeemed himself, Ighalo came on and offered nothing, why is so wasteful?

Our corner kicks and set piece was atrocious, we just kept on losing balls, dont they practice this? These are supposed to be professionals

At the end of the day, it was a good 3 points and will gladly take that but Argentina are wounded lions, they will fancy their chances, Nigeria can get a result against them because right now, they are in disarray

The group tables do not lie, they are right at the bottom and rightly so, tbey have been the poorest teamin the group and if Nigeria do their homework well, i will expect them to go home

Please dont give Argentina a lifeline, they do not deserve to qualify, if they do go through, a better team will spank them 5 nil
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Argentina go open nyash simple,not this time around will they pick their lucky victory with help of ref
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

(1) Even the pundits believe Argentina will qualify. We need to silence them with our best performance so far

(2) We will need to be a lot better then we were against Iceland in our final game

(3) You have to ask why it has taken Rohr to discover basic things about his squad. It took him a game and a half to realise that Echiejile and Idowu are not good enough

(4) Why did he need this long to realise his team can play 3-5-2 better?

(5) He should have known where Moses plays best month ago

(6) Keshi could have told him Mikel is no playmaker. Keshi used Igiebor, Mba and Babatunde in the role

(7) Why is Rohr still not sure who his best set piece taker is?

(8) Rohr should have worked on defending set pieces months ago

(9) When I look at how organised Gareth Southgate is and how he knew his best formation, players and starting 11 about a month to kick off, I wonder what Rohr has been doing

(10) Rohr wasted his friendlies using players who would never improve. This is a classic case of not being prepared
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

At moment, we have our FATE on your hands. If we let it slip, then we deserve to go back home.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

You repeated several times that Musa has no business in the team. Are you willing to accept that you were wrong?
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Orion wrote:You repeated several times that Musa has no business in the team. Are you willing to accept that you were wrong?
Despite his goals, Musa is still a headless chicken. He will not be so lucky against quality opposition. This match has not made me a Musa fan?

You guys will be here tearing apart soon, so I am just watching. Musa could not score like that against quality defenders like Vida, the Liverpool man (forgotten his name now) or Corluka.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Orion wrote:You repeated several times that Musa has no business in the team. Are you willing to accept that you were wrong?
Despite his goals, Musa is still a headless chicken. He will not be so lucky against quality opposition. This match has not made me a Musa fan?

You guys will be here tearing apart soon, so I am just watching. Musa could not score like that against quality defenders like Vida, the Liverpool man (forgotten his name now) or Corluka.
Ol'boy when will you learn to be humble? At least for once na. :P
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

He put two past quality Argentina in 2014. Eat the pie dude and say you are pleased with the outcome
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Musa will have to be consistent as Argentina have marked him for destruction, they will not give him space on the ball, i just hope there is another hero in the waiting, i assume Rohr will use the same line up against Argentina
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

He scored two against the finalist last WC
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:(1) Even the pundits believe Argentina will qualify. We need to silence them with our best performance so far

(2) We will need to be a lot better then we were against Iceland in our final game

(3) You have to ask why it has taken Rohr to discover basic things about his squad. It took him a game and a half to realise that Echiejile and Idowu are not good enough

(6) Keshi could have told him Mikel is no playmaker. Keshi used Igiebor, Mba and Babatunde in the role

(9) When I look at how organised Gareth Southgate is and how he knew his best formation, players and starting 11 about a month to kick off, I wonder what Rohr has been doing

(10) Rohr wasted his friendlies using players who would never improve. This is a classic case of not being prepared
Ayo, even you stopped proposing 352 even it was obvious it was our best lineup.

As for the pundits, they and FIFA wants Messi to advance to the next round.

We don't have to tell the players what's at stake. We don't need to hype Argentina.

Loser goes home!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

On Tuesday, we will have to fight the mother of all battles. The whole world will want Argentina and Messi to progress, so decisions will not go in our favour.
Staff Sgt Cota VI
Egg
Egg

Post by Staff Sgt Cota VI »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:(1) Even the pundits believe Argentina will qualify. We need to silence them with our best performance so far

Ah this is a bit too pessimistic for my liking. The SE started off slowly, but took charge in the second half. I also believe that you are giving Argentina way too much credit than they deserve and perhaps downplaying the potency of the SE.
Staff Sgt Cota VI
Egg
Egg

Post by Staff Sgt Cota VI »

kawawa wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

He put two past quality Argentina in 2014. Eat the pie dude and say you are pleased with the outcome
Don't mind the man; he has never juggled a ball in his life...