Calculator Thread: Do we need a draw or outright win?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

K
Egg
Egg
Calculator Thread: Do we need a draw or outright win?

Post by K »

So folks - Apologies if this has been discussed, but what do we need to qualify on Tuesday? Taking Iceland's best case scenario - If Iceland defeats Croatia, would a draw against Argentina do? Is ir head-to-head first or goals difference first.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Calculator Thread: Do we need a draw or outright win?

Post by metalalloy »

A draw might be enough, a win guarantees we move ahead.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

I say the SE should go for the win, 352, Ebuehi must start, headless chicken Musa must start, I will prefer iwobi to etebo, as long as Ndidi plays dm and Mikel plays cm, kele must start, simple and plain
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

I don't subscribe to calling Musa the names you call him. Please, guys, address Musa with respect.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Go for the win. Same lineup except Ebuehi for Idowu.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Argentina camp is in disarray, dont give them any lifeline under any circumstances, they are at the bottom of group D for a reason, let them stay there
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Win or draw will do.

I don't think Iceland can beat even a 2nd team Croatia by more than 1 goal. 2nd team players will want to give a good showing.

Also Croatia won't want to risk losing by a huge margin and placing 2nd. France will be next.
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

It’s pretty simple for us:

If we win, we’re through.

If we draw, we go through as long as Iceland don’t beat Croatia by more than a goal.
We need a score draw if they beat Croatia by 2 goals as goals scored will become the decider (we’d both have zero goal difference).

We are out with a draw if Iceland beat Croatia by more than 2 goals

Argentina can only go through with a win against us. It would need to be by 1 goal more than an Icelandic victory and then it’d be down to goal difference.

But of the three teams, we are the only ones with our destiny in our hands.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

DIMKA76 wrote:I don't subscribe to calling Musa the names you call him. Please, guys, address Musa with respect.

Ok, let's call him "Sir" headless chicken Musa, .....go eat some oysters to boost your testosterone, damn
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

9jaMan wrote:I say the SE should go for the win, 352, Ebuehi must start, headless chicken Musa must start, I will prefer iwobi to etebo, as long as Ndidi plays dm and Mikel plays cm, kele must start, simple and plain

wait oooo chop this humble pie first for Musa

http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

we need to treat this as a WC finals, Its win or go home. Argentina is not looking to draw , they will be attacking all day
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

2drama wrote:
9jaMan wrote:I say the SE should go for the win, 352, Ebuehi must start, headless chicken Musa must start, I will prefer iwobi to etebo, as long as Ndidi plays dm and Mikel plays cm, kele must start, simple and plain

wait oooo chop this humble pie first for Musa

To be fair, Musa played as a striker thus the goals, play Musa as a winger and he is a super headless chicken. Moral of the story is we saw a new Musa against Iceland. No humble pies needed
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Nigeria can afford to play for a draw. The chances that this will backfire are minimal - Iceland would have to win against Croatia by least 2 goals, if not 3
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

We need only 2 points according to that one thread I did not even bother to click on because of the preposterous title. :mad: :mad:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...and Croatia might open nyansh so as to deal with Africans. They still harbor these things in this age.
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

It is like the only reason we study maths in Nigeria is for calculating World Cup permutations every 4 years and checking you have not been cheated when buying Forex. :biggrin: :biggrin: :taunt:
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

I think we have to go in with the assumption that Iceland will win(I actually want them to) and go for an outright win.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

9jaMan wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:I don't subscribe to calling Musa the names you call him. Please, guys, address Musa with respect.

Ok, let's call him "Sir" headless chicken Musa, .....go eat some oysters to boost your testosterone, damn
I try to make you see sense and you throw another insult? Oya crawl back under that stone where you came from ugly toad!!!
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Don’t mind that guy his just a TRIBALIST
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

3-5-2 seems to work great for the SuperEagles so I’ll stick with that however, we need better defending and better management of our offensive incursions. I love Etebo’s energy and hustle but his decision making leaves a lot to be desired. So, I’m thinking move Etebo to left wing back and recall Iwobi to the middle of the pack. Uzoho was great today even though I still think Ezenwa is better but Rohr would never make that switch so, here goes:

Uzoho
Balogun Ekong Omeruo
Moses Ndidi Mikel Iwobi Etebo
Musa Ihenacho

Cheers.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

DIMKA76 wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

I try to make you see sense and you throw another insult? Oya crawl back under that stone where you came from ugly toad!!!

Try eating garlic and blueberries, it will help your brain function Berra,
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:3-5-2 seems to work great for the SuperEagles so I’ll stick with that however, we need better defending and better management of our offensive incursions. I love Etebo’s energy and hustle but his decision making leaves a lot to be desired. So, I’m thinking move Etebo to left wing back and recall Iwobi to the middle of the pack. Uzoho was great today even though I still think Ezenwa is better but Rohr would never make that switch so, here goes:

Uzoho
Balogun Ekong Omeruo
Moses Ndidi Mikel Iwobi Etebo
Musa Ihenacho

Cheers.
Oops, wrong thread :!:

Cheers.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

AreaDaddy wrote:It is like the only reason we study maths in Nigeria is for calculating World Cup permutations every 4 years and checking you have not been cheated when buying Forex. :biggrin: :biggrin: :taunt:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16