WETIN MY EYE SEE FOR STADIUM (Part 2)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
WETIN MY EYE SEE FOR STADIUM (Part 2)

Post by deanotito »

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

1. It’s an understatement to say it was a game of 2 halves. I’ll largely ignore the first...In the 2nd half, the boys certainly played better but even more curiosly, Iceland broke down....even before the 1st goal. The compact team of the first half suddenly gave us acres and acres of space ...and I wasn’t sure why. The dove allowed the eagles to rediscover themselves

2. MUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSAAAAA....he is responsible for me losing my voice. What can we say? I have often defended Musa on here against harsh criticism, but even I was disappointed with his performance against Croatia and the first half of this match. He pretty much didn’t put a foot right in the first half...didn’t seem to even know how to control the ball...BUT all that is history. Musa is GCFR from now on. He’s earned it. The state of my voice is living proof

3. Idowu....hmm. Bryan is a decent defender but he has absolutely no confidence going forward. There were times with acres of space in front, he chose to retreat. Good sub out. Tyronne is a much better defender and also an offensive threat

4. Mikel...in the 2nd half, the general arose. His rushing back on to the field with an aching arm made me emotional sef. If no be say Musa don finish my voice, I for begin cry loud. Positioning was also good

5. I still don’t buy this etebo as most advanced midfielder role. He’s an excellent box to box guy (emphasis on excellent) but as most advanced midfielder, he didn’t seem to fit. HOWEVER, it allowed Mikel to direct things from further back and that helped Mikel’s game mightily

6. Muuuuuussssssaaaaa
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WETIN MY EYE SEE FOR STADIUM (Part 2)

Post by oloye »

Nice one sir, I was waiting for someone from the stadium to give us something to feed on.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Are you going to St. Petersburg?
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

The heat got to the Icemen. Mikelele was gasping after 10 mins or so. Etebo will go far when he learns when to release the ball.
http://www.naijiant.com/
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

deanotito wrote::thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

1. It’s an understatement to say it was a game of 2 halves. I’ll largely ignore the first...In the 2nd half, the boys certainly played better but even more curiosly, Iceland broke down....even before the 1st goal. The compact team of the first half suddenly gave us acres and acres of space ...and I wasn’t sure why. The dove allowed the eagles to rediscover themselves

2. MUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSAAAAA....he is responsible for me losing my voice. What can we say? I have often defended Musa on here against harsh criticism, but even I was disappointed with his performance against Croatia and the first half of this match. He pretty much didn’t put a foot right in the first half...didn’t seem to even know how to control the ball...BUT all that is history. Musa is GCFR from now on. He’s earned it. The state of my voice is living proof

3. Idowu....hmm. Bryan is a decent defender but he has absolutely no confidence going forward. There were times with acres of space in front, he chose to retreat. Good sub out. Tyronne is a much better defender and also an offensive threat

4. Mikel...in the 2nd half, the general arose. His rushing back on to the field with an aching arm made me emotional sef. If no be say Musa don finish my voice, I for begin cry loud. Positioning was also good

5. I still don’t buy this etebo as most advanced midfielder role. He’s an excellent box to box guy (emphasis on excellent) but as most advanced midfielder, he didn’t seem to fit. HOWEVER, it allowed Mikel to direct things from further back and that helped Mikel’s game mightily

6. Muuuuuussssssaaaaa

Your phone no get camera? Or Are you a London bobo? :mad: :mad:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

truetalk wrote:Are you going to St. Petersburg?
Naah...I dey go home. 10 days don reach for me.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Oga Dean, you well done O!! :clap:
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

6. Muuuuuussssssaaaaa
Musa played the kind of game where he shines. Slow defenders and space to run at them and get behind them.

Etebo in the Iceland match was as immense as in the Croatia match from battling for possession of the ball and taking a few shots. What helped the attack was the faster movement of the ball Mikel sitting back and the use of two forwards. I am surprised Rohr did not experiment with Iwobi as the AM to see how to play through the middle rather than from the sides.
chif456
Egg
Egg

Post by chif456 »

Experiment ke ?
kali wrote:

6. Muuuuuussssssaaaaa
Musa played the kind of game where he shines. Slow defenders and space to run at them and get behind them.

Etebo in the Iceland match was as immense as in the Croatia match from battling for possession of the ball and taking a few shots. What helped the attack was the faster movement of the ball Mikel sitting back and the use of two forwards. I am surprised Rohr did not experiment with Iwobi as the AM to see how to play through the middle rather than from the sides.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Nice report man. una try today
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

green4life wrote:Oga Dean, you well done O!! :clap:
We dey o. Headed back to base. Some of us still work for the man, so we no fit camp out for Russia for entire World Cup. :D :D
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

metalalloy wrote:Nice report man. una try today

Can’t say we weren’t worried a bit after the first half. But we thank God :thumbs:

It was pure ecstasy in the 2nd half
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

chif456 wrote:Experiment ke ?
kali wrote:

6. Muuuuuussssssaaaaa

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

6. Muuuuuussssssaaaaa
Okunrin meta.

It's like you were the Naija guy in SE top with biggest solar plexus in the stadium :tic:
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe