What is your Starting Lineup Going Forward?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marutimon
Egg
Egg
Re: What is your Starting Lineup Going Forward?

Post by marutimon »

ANC wrote:It was so funny, seeing Ighalo begging Rohr to put him in while the rest of his team mates celebrated Musa. :lol:

Musa, you are the man. You still play like a headless chicken sometimes, but I will take you any day over Ighalo.
Ighalo is the best holding striker I have ever seen! Put him in at the 70th minute mark to hold the ball :thumbs:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

No, thats more fable than fact, both that holding play helps in dying embers and that Ighalo has acumen in the art. The holding-up by the, usually, big centre-forward is a watered down version of the rugby maul. In the game of Gods, the big, strapping frontrow steams in, forearm forward, takes a couple, but gives plenty. Head down, shoulder in, turn. The calvary arrives and the drive is on. Hold-up play for the purpose of wasting time is, at the feet of someone with Ighalo's limitations, near pointless, possession will be lost too easily. Better an energiser bunny prepared to chase lost causes and offer an outball. Most teams defending a lead will sit as deep as Ronnie Coleman on a leg press, so who is Ighalo holding it up for? Runners to break rank? And besides, his hold-up play leaves much to be desired.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

The thing with Etebo is in the final 3rd. In midfield, he is very good but the closer he gets to the final third the more his play breaks down.....

the thing about Argentina is that we have to cut out the supply line to the forwards and in there lies the dilemma for Rohr.....

do you play Etebo that will give you little going forward and in the final third but will solidify your midfield or....

do you play Iwobi that will retain the ball more and do more to link up play with your strikers but give you next to nothing defensively.........

truth is i do not know and will leave it to Rohr....

on the left back point of view, i will play Idowu.....yes he has been poor this WC but Ebuehi wasn't that good defensively and against Argentina, we have to be solid defensively.

WC fact:- I think that of all the games we have won in the WC, We have kept clean sheets in all of them expect 2.....so it will stand that if we don't concede, we will probably win.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
born2win
Egg
Egg

Post by born2win »

Simy over ighalo any day. Something is not making sense ,maybe ighalo is bribing the coach for playing time.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

marutimon wrote:
ANC wrote:It was so funny, seeing Ighalo begging Rohr to put him in while the rest of his team mates celebrated Musa. :lol:

Musa, you are the man. You still play like a headless chicken sometimes, but I will take you any day over Ighalo.
Ighalo is the best holding striker I have ever seen! Put him in at the 70th minute mark to hold the ball :thumbs:
No o, 89th minute is good with me, he slows down our counter attacks.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

yup..Ighalo must be bribing the coach..Never mind the fact that Simy just got into the National team 2 months ago
born2win wrote:Simy over ighalo any day. Something is not making sense ,maybe ighalo is bribing the coach for playing time.