Don’t cry for me Argentina. This will be a battle

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Don’t cry for me Argentina. This will be a battle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

https://g.co/kgs/zJZ2Mq

Even after the Eagles won, some pundits like Jermaine Jeans were still tipping Argentina to go through. I get the impression the global footballing fraternity wants Messi in the final. They probably want him to bow out of international football lifting the trophy like Maradona.

How many VAR decisions will go in our favour on Tuesday? Well, to become a great team, one has to learn to overcome this kind of adversity!

Nigeria will not make money for Fifa like Messi, so it is in their interest to back Argentina. This the time for true African grit!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Don’t cry for me Argentina. This will be a battle

Post by Coach »

True grit and Onyekuru perhaps. Unavoidable. Lol.

If Nigeria can play with the same energy and purpose, they'll be a big threat to the a punch drunk Albiceleste. Argentina are at the precipice staring in to the crashing waves of the bubbling sea beneath them. T'is not so much now or never, for it shall be never, this generation will be squandered like great generations of nations past. Tuesday however, will be as close to a final as they may get this summer. There will be blood.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Coach wrote:True grit and Onyekuru perhaps. Unavoidable. Lol.

If Nigeria can play with the same energy and purpose, they'll be a big threat to the a punch drunk Albiceleste. Argentina are at the precipice staring in to the crashing waves of the bubbling sea beneath them. T'is not so much now or never, for it shall be never, this generation will be squandered like great generations of nations past. Tuesday however, will be as close to a final as they may get this summer. There will be blood.
Don't forget Kelechi Nwakali and Abdul Ajagun too. :lol: :lol:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I am actually very pissed off with the arrogance of the pundits already saying Argentina has qualified. For me, this is now a racial matter!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

I am actually very pissed off with the arrogance of the pundits already saying Argentina has qualified. For me, this is now a racial matter!

Let them say whatever. We will do our talking on the pitch.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

This is a must win game for Nigeria. I now have Telemundo. I am not watching FS1 or ITV.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

When Nigeria get to the bridge on Tuesday they will surely cross it with God on our side already.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Whatever the pundits say - the ball is in our court and we still control our destiny. Argentina will either be demoralised or they will be up for the game. Nigeria should stop worrying about the Argies and prepare herself. There is a possibility that the refs will favour the Argies but such is life. We are a resilient nation.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

The pundits are europeans which means they are likely to favour European and south american teams over African teams

They said Argentina has already qualified without kicking a ball, Nigeria might as well pack their bags and leave

A team that has conceded 4 goals and scored 1, bottom of group D are not favourites in any shape or form unless Nigeria gifts the game to them

Nigeria should use the Iceland defensive template and Croatian offensive template to deal with Argentina

The pundits should be the least of Nigeria worries, none of them pundits will be playing against Nigeria on Tuesday and there is nothing like balanced reporting or unbiased reporting
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Vindave wrote:When Nigeria get to the bridge on Tuesday they will surely cross it with God on our side already.
God is not on the Argies' side? No prayer warriors in blue and white. Better go out and do your best! Que sera sera! Football is not as big a concern to me as the future of Nigeria's economy and its society. God please help us there!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

That's the reason people are dejected when things doesn't go their way, because they refuse to deal with reality. Thus to them, Argentina has qualified because they (the pundits) are still in their dreams. They are going to be disappointed come Tuesday
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.