Raheem Sterling article-The Players Tribune

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

F360
Egg
Egg
Raheem Sterling article-The Players Tribune

Post by F360 »

Players Tribune have been putting out good stuff with some of the players participating in the World Cup.
This one with Raheem Sterling just might be better than the Lukaku one

Thank God I had football. I remember when it used to rain, all the kids would run outside and play football in the puddles, just splashing around, having the best time. That’s the image that flashes in my mind when I think about the atmosphere of Jamaica. When it rains, nobody hides inside. You just go out and enjoy it. The other thing I remember is begging my grandmother for money to go and get a grapenut ice cream.Listen, the rest of the world needs to get put on to grapenut. You really don’t know what you’re missing. For some reason, I’ve never seen it in England. But it’s the greatest thing ever. This guy used to run a little shop out of his house, so you’d run over after playing football all day in the street and you’d knock on the door and then, literally, his head would just pop out this little window, like, “Oi, what you need?”

That’s Jamaica, mate. People just hustling, trying to do whatever they can with the circumstances they’ve been dealt. You could get everything from rice to ice cream at his little shop.

I didn’t realize it at the time, but my mum was hustling in her own way, trying to make a better life for us. When I was five years old, we moved to London to be with her, and that was kind of a tough time because the culture was very different from what I was used to and we didn’t have much money. My mum always made sure we had what we needed, but let’s just say it wasn’t The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, know what I mean?
The rest is here at the link
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us ... ll-a-dream

--------------------------------------------