Uzoho, Omeruo, Ndidi, Etobo, Mikel, Musa, Iheanacho, Shehu..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Shownoja
Egg
Egg
Uzoho, Omeruo, Ndidi, Etobo, Mikel, Musa, Iheanacho, Shehu..

Post by Shownoja »

All these came through the Nigerian youth system. The system works. What needs doing is strengthening it, so it continues to produce regularly. The Team B that played Athletico has even more of these in there, and the path has to be created for smoother, monitored transition.

If you then throw in the likes of Moses, Ebuehi and Ekong who have played youth football for other nations before choosing Nigeria, then the advantage of choice we have will remain for a while. There are decent players already on the radar and our growth as a team will make more opt for us, That means for the next few years, it's not the personnel that will be the problem, but the management of the structure.

Pinnick so far has shown a rare ability to keep everything together. Long may that continue.

Wishing the boys every success against Argentina. The organisation and transition of play I witnessed yesterday gives me every confidence we can do it.
To stop trying is to start dying
Chimex101
Egg
Egg
Re: Uzoho, Omeruo, Ndidi, Etobo, Mikel, Musa, Iheanacho, She

Post by Chimex101 »

they just need to keep the focus and be less panicky, the Argies will come out for war and will dominate the first 20-30 mins, but we will stem the tide and wear them down mechanically with solid team play...hit them on a break or several ,score and see out the game.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Chimex101 wrote:they just need to keep the focus and be less panicky, the Argies will come out for war and will dominate the first 20-30 mins, but we will stem the tide and wear them down mechanically with solid team play...hit them on a break or several ,score and see out the game.
Chimex101, i'm fairly certain they can't dominate us like that in the game on Tuesday with the way Ndidi, Etebo and Mikel play the midfield. We just have to ensure when we have the ball, we keep it for as long as possible looking to transition quickly into attack. We made so many excellent switches in that first half yesterday, but were unlucky they didn't really come off. If they do, Argentina go shop goals tire. They might be punch drunk by half time.
To stop trying is to start dying
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Shownoja wrote:All these came through the Nigerian youth system. The system works. What needs doing is strengthening it, so it continues to produce regularly. The Team B that played Athletico has even more of these in there, and the path has to be created for smoother, monitored transition.

If you then throw in the likes of Moses, Ebuehi and Ekong who have played youth football for other nations before choosing Nigeria, then the advantage of choice we have will remain for a while. There are decent players already on the radar and our growth as a team will make more opt for us, That means for the next few years, it's not the personnel that will be the problem, but the management of the structure.

Pinnick so far has shown a rare ability to keep everything together. Long may that continue.

Wishing the boys every success against Argentina. The organisation and transition of play I witnessed yesterday gives me every confidence we can do it.
:agree: :agree:
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

If Argentina attacks for the 1st 20 minutes, that might be their undoing, they dont have the defence anymore for this type of football, they tried that with Croatia and the rest is history
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko