Argentinians are funny..Who do they think we are?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Argentinians are funny..Who do they think we are?

Post by cchinukw »

oloye wrote:I dont like this news of them breaking with their coach , I want the energy bunny to be on the line barking meaningless instructions that confuses the team.

Teams often become very dangerous when the camp rallies itself together against the coach or management. Suddenly the ones who have been rubbish discover they are good. No I don't want this manner of disarray. It is not good.
Ironically, they are now the disorganised ones. How strange.

Confusion in the camp of the enemy.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

nanijoe wrote:If you read their forums, they think they'll beat us for sure...all they are worried about is goal difference
i don't get this bit though

if Argie win they are through
Naija win/draw and they are through

where does GD come in.?
Yes i have already assumed that Croatia will beat/draw Iceland

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Napoleon has achieved the suicide so desired. Argentina will need to put on a display that points the finger of blame at the diminutive drill sergeant. Who comes in? Who will they listen to? And then theres the dreaded bouncebackability.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

tfco wrote:
nanijoe wrote:If you read their forums, they think they'll beat us for sure...all they are worried about is goal difference

where does GD come in.?
Croatia are topping the group irrespective of what happens. The are already talking about resting their starting 11. They might ever throw the game just to see Argies packing. If Iceland wins, then it all new permutations..
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

tfco wrote:

where does GD come in.?
If Iceland beats Croatia & they beat us!!!

Neither outcome is likely though
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Vindave wrote:
zee wrote:
They have a right to 'believe' that based on WC history.
There is always a day that changes the course of history... Nigeria will change the history come Tuesday next week..... They should be ready for the surprise package.... SHOCK IS THE WORD. We must break this JINX by the Special Grace of God.
Oga Vindave, please tell such to Bigpokey24, the MUMU-BOY! Already he is scared to death about Argentina based on his response to my post
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

donadoni wrote:It is true that a draw sends ARG out..but we should remember that unlike what some people have been saying it does not automatically qualify us. If Iceland win big against Croatia then a draw with ARG sends us out. So while ARG for sure will come at us to win, we also need to play to win and not leave anything to chance. Game on!
Thanks a lot, bro! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Many of us appear to have forgotten about that
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Odas wrote:
donadoni wrote:It is true that a draw sends ARG out..but we should remember that unlike what some people have been saying it does not automatically qualify us. If Iceland win big against Croatia then a draw with ARG sends us out. So while ARG for sure will come at us to win, we also need to play to win and not leave anything to chance. Game on!
Thanks a lot, bro! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Many of us appear to have forgotten about that
Said it from day one, but I say this (not as a Nigerian, but just based on odds), Iceland WILL NOT beat Croatia 3-0.

Not happening.

2-0 would be enough to see Iceland through, due to goals scored...so a draw for Nigeria will need to be a score-draw. If it is 1-1, then we will go through, based on Head-Head. If it is 2-2, we go through without H-H.

Basically I predict (not as a Nigerian, but just based on mathematical odds), if we draw against Argentina with a score draw, Nigeria will go through. I would put my money on it, no seriously! Even against a weakened Croatian team, they do not have 3 goals in them.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

bouncino wrote:I am more worried about FIFA than Argentina.
What brief will they give the Ref and what call will the VAR team make.
I feel you.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Nigeria should be looking to flog these Argies.

I feel it in my bones. Everything don set. Not is the right time to sort them out once and for all.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

zee wrote:
Vindave wrote:
zee wrote:
They have a right to 'believe' that based on WC history.
There is always a day that changes the course of history... Nigeria will change the history come Tuesday next week..... They should be ready for the surprise package.... SHOCK IS THE WORD. We must break this JINX by the Special Grace of God.
Kpom and Amen. :thumb:
Kpom and double Amen

Time to break this World Cup history and send those guys packing home
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

latest news is that their football federation president addressed a news conference ans denied that there are any fracas in the camp or that players are in conflict with sampoli
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

they think you are the team they have beaten 4 times already

oops, make it 5 times. rivalry ko

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf: