Argentinians are funny..Who do they think we are?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Argentinians are funny..Who do they think we are?

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Before the game

After the game
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Argentinians are funny..Who do they think we are?

Post by nanijoe »

If you read their forums, they think they'll beat us for sure...all they are worried about is goal difference
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

nanijoe wrote:If you read their forums, they think they'll beat us for sure...all they are worried about is goal difference
They have a right to 'believe' that based on WC history.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

zee wrote:
nanijoe wrote:If you read their forums, they think they'll beat us for sure...all they are worried about is goal difference
There is always a day that changes the course of history... Nigeria will change the history come Tuesday next week..... They should be ready for the surprise package.... SHOCK IS THE WORD. We must break this JINX by the Special Grace of God.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Vindave wrote:
zee wrote:
There is always a day that changes the course of history... Nigeria will change the history come Tuesday next week..... They should be ready for the surprise package.... SHOCK IS THE WORD. We must break this JINX by the Special Grace of God.
Kpom and Amen. :thumb:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Look their camp is in disarray, they can only field 11 players at one time, they cant put all the stars names in the pitch, they need a formation at least, maybe they might just throw caution to the wind and field all the big names hoping for a miracle
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

I'm hoping that the law of averages tilts the game in our favor.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

marko wrote:Look their camp is in disarray, they can only field 11 players at one time, they cant put all the stars names in the pitch, they need a formation at least, maybe they might just throw caution to the wind and field all the big names hoping for a miracle
Nothing is scarier than desperate professional players that don't want to let their country down.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

zee wrote:
Vindave wrote:
zee wrote:
Kpom and Amen. :thumb:
AMEN too. I will never forget how we used to bow to Cameroun until we broke the duck.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

This is going to be a high scoring game. If Nigeria sticks to the game plan, they win. It's easier said than done as sometimes when exhaustion creeps in discipline and composure take the back seat.

Just form the form book though, on paper Argentina shouldn't win this game and it could all get even more embarrassing for them. They lost 3-0 to Croatia, we lost 2-0.

They drew with Iceland, we beat them 2-0. The form book says we are one or at the least 1 goal better than them. Add to the mix the Musa factor and we're in for a pretty exciting game.

Knowing the Argentines like we do, they are going to try to get a Nigerian player sent off, this we have to absolutely avoid. Then an early goal for us and we would be well on our way. Argentina needs a result, we don't. Let's not do the Siasia thing, let's play clever.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Ekorian wrote:
marko wrote:Look their camp is in disarray, they can only field 11 players at one time, they cant put all the stars names in the pitch, they need a formation at least, maybe they might just throw caution to the wind and field all the big names hoping for a miracle
Nothing is scarier than desperate professional players that don't want to let their country down.
Kpom :thumb: ................................Marko is daft :lol: in everything that requires THINKING. :D
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Vindave wrote:
zee wrote:
...if we get a good referee that doesn't succumb to dives, and or worship mega-star like the Argie have. So far loud complaints from pundits that Neymar is being hacked. If they want a none contact sport they should go to golf.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

zee wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Kpom :thumb: ................................Marko is daft :lol: in everything that requires THINKING. :D
Desperation is the worst thing to bring to a football pitch, you tend to make mistakes and forget a game plan, then you tend to play more as individuals rather than a team, only a thinking person knows what i am talking about, desperation will mean, they will forget to defend and throw men forward looking for that goal, desperation means not even thinking about your oppenents strenghts and completely ignore that

I know how Argentina will play, they will try to bulldoze their way for that early goal hoping Nigeria will implode, Thanks to VAR, dirty tricks, trying to get a player sent off will not work as the referee will have to check key decisions with the help of the VAR

What i will be scared of is if Argentina drops Messi and Aguero and play others on form, then Nigeria will have a tough game

Desperation will not win games at this world cup, only a thinking person will understand this
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

marko wrote:
zee wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Desperation is the worst thing to bring to a football pitch, you tend to make mistakes and forget a game plan, then you tend to play more as individuals rather than a team, only a thinking person knows what i am talking about, desperation will mean, they will forget to defend and throw men forward looking for that goal, desperation means not even thinking about your oppenents strenghts and completely ignore that

I know how Argentina will play, they will try to bulldoze their way for that early goal hoping Nigeria will implode, Thanks to VAR, dirty tricks, trying to get a player sent off will not work as the referee will have to check key decisions with the help of the VAR

What I will be scared of is if Argentina drops Messi and Aguero and play others on form, then Nigeria will have a tough game

Desperation will not win games at this world cup, only a thinking person will understand this
You think Argentina will drop Messi at this stage? Just remember the last friendly we played with them. Messi was touted as the reason why they lost. I doubt they'll be brave enough to drop Messi, especially if they go by the saying "The best form of defense is attack"
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

DIMKA76 wrote:This is going to be a high scoring game. If Nigeria sticks to the game plan, they win. It's easier said than done as sometimes when exhaustion creeps in discipline and composure take the back seat.

Just form the form book though, on paper Argentina shouldn't win this game and it could all get even more embarrassing for them. They lost 3-0 to Croatia, we lost 2-0.

They drew with Iceland, we beat them 2-0. The form book says we are one or at the least 1 goal better than them. Add to the mix the Musa factor and we're in for a pretty exciting game.

Knowing the Argentines like we do, they are going to try to get a Nigerian player sent off, this we have to absolutely avoid. Then an early goal for us and we would be well on our way. Argentina needs a result, we don't. Let's not do the Siasia thing, let's play clever.
Who's game plan and what is it?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

I am more worried about FIFA than Argentina.
What brief will they give the Ref and what call will the VAR team make.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

DIMKA76 wrote:
marko wrote:
zee wrote:
Ekorian wrote:

What I will be scared of is if Argentina drops Messi and Aguero and play others on form, then Nigeria will have a tough game

You think Argentina will drop Messi at this stage? Just remember the last friendly we played with them. Messi was touted as the reason why they lost. I doubt they'll be brave enough to drop Messi, especially if they go by the saying "The best form of defense is attack"
To be honest, he is out of sorts, not on form, we can clearly see that in the last 2 games but of course it will take a mourinho like coach to drop messi from the starting line up

Marko
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

marko wrote:
zee wrote:
Ekorian wrote:

What i will be scared of is if Argentina drops Messi and Aguero and play others on form, then Nigeria will have a tough game

Ok substitute the word "Desperation" with "Determination". That's how the pundits were mocking them that they'll won't qualify for the Mundial. Count them out at your peril.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

You can never count out any argentine side, they had world class players but they have not been performing well for a long time so it seems something does not work, FIFA does not need big names to stay in the competition, yes it helps but is not a requirement, you have to earn the right

Nigeria coaching crew, if smart should go on the offensive saying they need a strong referee that will ensure the game is clean and any 50/50 decisions should be enforced by VAR, this will put pressure on FIFA

Nigerian players dont have to be clean as well, they can fall down roll on the pitch like those Aladuras! Or celestials!

Play clean or dirty, Nigeria should gladly take part, a nigerian defender should not be scared of shooting the ball on Messi face by mistake

Whatever, just ensure Argentina dont get any lifeline back into the competition

Marko
ceejay22
Egg
Egg

Post by ceejay22 »

I actually want Argies to under rate us like the Icelanders
That willl easily play into our hands
If our boys don’t party too hard and stay focused and we play this 3-5-2 with Ebuehi starting, I can’t see how the Argies can get any result
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

DIMKA76 wrote:This is going to be a high scoring game. If Nigeria sticks to the game plan, they win. It's easier said than done as sometimes when exhaustion creeps in discipline and composure take the back seat.

It is true that a draw sends ARG out..but we should remember that unlike what some people have been saying it does not automatically qualify us. If Iceland win big against Croatia then a draw with ARG sends us out. So while ARG for sure will come at us to win, we also need to play to win and not leave anything to chance. Game on!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

ceejay22 wrote:I actually want Argies to under rate us like the Icelanders
That willl easily play into our hands
If our boys don’t party too hard and stay focused and we play this 3-5-2 with Ebuehi starting, I can’t see how the Argies can get any result
Argies will not be underrating Nigerians, i can tell you that much, they have seen enough to understand they are nearly out, look at the group tables, they are the worse performing team after 2 games, have you heard their usual rants about how good they are in the media today? No

Messi needs to play the game of his life on Tuesday and hope Nigerian defenders make silly errors, there will be goals in the game, there always is

I dont think Musa will be the threat in that game, that game will be for Ihenacho as i expect argentines defence to be weak in comparison to the iceland defence

Marko
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Why are we being disrespected by Argentina fans

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Why are we being disrespected by Argentina fans. Plus illiterates on tv called pundits... they said they've already qualified... I am getting very upset with such comments. .my goodness
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved