Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:28 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:25 pm 

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Why are we being disrespected by Argentina fans. Plus illiterates on tv called pundits... they said they've already qualified... I am getting very upset with such comments. .my goodness

That's why football is the greatest sport and the WC ..........the greatest spectacle.
It's once in 4 years and such punditry are part of what makes the WC special.

"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:39 pm 

Because history often repeats itself, but when the book has been submerged in indelible ink, even history cannot read those lines its repeated times over. Argentina are so deep in the pot the fountain pen is furious. If they arrive, they do indeed and without doubt have the pedigree to clip the wings of the eagles, taking their talons and feathers, but if one is to flirt with that dastardly damsel probability, whats the chance of her punctual appearance? Nigeria play with the intensity of yesterday and its a twelve rounder. Argentina play akin to either of their two showings and its a twelve rounder purely because the ref hadn't noticed the prostrate body on the canvas at the end of the 7th.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:44 pm 

You cant fault them. They have beaten us in 4 times in a row at the WC. Imagine if we were to face Kenya and Kenyan fans would start complaining about us disrespecting them because we would expect to win.

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:03 pm 

I think Rohr should print these comments and let the players know what they are playing for. I don't think they need much motivation, revenging for the 4 unsuccessful Eagles WC teams is a start

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:39 pm 

same reasons we can't smell our own nyashes; if we did we wouldnt be saying pussssyy smells

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:54 pm 

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Why are we being disrespected by Argentina fans. Plus illiterates on tv called pundits... they said they've already qualified... I am getting very upset with such comments. .my goodness

The pundits should not bother anyone, they are paid for a reason, not to support African teams but Europeans and south americans alike, all Nigeria has to do is stick to its game plan and not offer argentina any lifeline, in any event that we play a draw and iceland beats croatia to send them through, i can live with that, just dont want argentina to go through

Marko

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:59 pm 

jette1 wrote:
same reasons we can't smell our own nyashes; if we did we wouldnt be saying pussssyy smells

You are really a weirdo.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:13 pm 
Site Admin

Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Why won't they be optimistic about their chances?

This is a game they actually need to be cautious the way they approach this game. They can't afford to play an open game with us.

It is a game we don't need any extra motivation. It is Argentina. We know their dirty tactics... we can decide to make the game a physical battle just like the Croatians did against them.

To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:23 pm 

Must win game for Nigeria. It is time to beat those arrogant cheaters.

Got to play smart and fight for every single 50/50 ball. Must not give them any space. Maybe one or two hard tackles to set the tone.

We must attack their defense every chance we get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:03 pm 

jette1 wrote:

That is so classless.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:12 pm 

Ekorian wrote:
jette1 wrote:

You are really a weirdo.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:13 pm 

ohsee wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
jette1 wrote:

You are really a weirdo.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:16 pm 

Folks, we can win, but we have to be smart about it. The best form of defence is effective counterattacking. The Argies will plan to shackle Musa, but we also have Iheanacho, and he has to be calm and composed and mentally ready to take his chances. The Argies will be relentless, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:38 pm 

zee wrote:
nanijoe wrote:
If you read their forums, they think they'll beat us for sure...all they are worried about is goal difference

They have a right to 'believe' that based on WC history.

... a history that is somewhat contrived. In 1994, the ref called Nigeria for 38 fouls vs 5 against Argentina. Even if we are only playing Tahiti, we’d lose every time... and it didn’t get much better in more recent World Cup encounters. However, this time around, we arguably have more talent than we’ve ever had before. The recent friendly loss to Nigeria should have served as a warning that it isn’t going to be business as usual :!:

Cheers.

Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:40 pm 

I think the Argentines will have a plan for Musa, attack his space, dont let him run behind the defence, i think Ihenacho might be the perfect foil for Musa, the argentines might decide to injure Musa, you cant rule that out, i hope Rohr has a plan B, if only we had a speedy left wing back, give them so ething to think about

Marko

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:35 pm 

zee wrote:
ohsee wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
jette1 wrote:

You are really a weirdo.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: deserves a sticky

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:07 pm 

Sampaoli gone? nah players have just gone rogue

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:13 pm 

Bigpokey24 wrote:

We should just relax and knock them out and end Messi football for Argentina forced him to retired.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:14 pm 

I don't buy the news that their camp is in disarray. We have to be ready to play our best game.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:16 pm 

ohsee wrote:
Folks, we can win, but we have to be smart about it. The best form of defence is effective counterattacking. The Argies will plan to shackle Musa, but we also have Iheanacho, and he has to be calm and composed and mentally ready to take his chances. The Argies will be relentless, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.

I don't think anyone think they won't be relentless.

But we Nigeria must also be relentless.

i

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:41 pm 

metalalloy wrote:
Sampaoli gone? nah players have just gone rogue

Now this makes them more dangerous.
Anyway, no matter........it was always destined to be a very, very tough and hard match.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:34 pm 

I understand from some tweets that Sampaoli is planning on fielding a team without Messi and Aguero as starters.

I am not buying it though.

“Emery put on so many videos I ran out of popcorn,” former player Joaquín quipped, “he’s obsessed by football, it’s practically an illness.”

Post Wenger-Arsenal go sweero

Last edited by cchinukw on Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:42 pm 

I dont like this news of them breaking with their coach , I want the energy bunny to be on the line barking meaningless instructions that confuses the team.

Teams often become very dangerous when the camp rallies itself together against the coach or management. Suddenly the ones who have been rubbish discover they are good. No I don't want this manner of disarray. It is not good.

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho