The Gospel Conversion of Mr Gernot Rohr

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Goldleaf
Egg
Egg
The Gospel Conversion of Mr Gernot Rohr

Post by Goldleaf »

When you coach countries like Burkina Faso, Gabon and Niger and you are rejected for the coaching position of Guinea, it is understandable if you feel your lot in life is not that great. But when you land the role of the coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria, then not only has your luck changed, but you have landed a jackpot that will give you the most wonderful experience of your life. It therefore pays for you to approach the job with the deep sense of observation, analysis, knowhow, humility and interest. The Nigerian coaching position is not a position for every Tom, d#$% and Harry. In the days of Father Tiko, when the NFA refused to buy balls for the team, Father Tiko bought balls out of money from his own pocket. He did not leave because he knew he had great talents on his hands.

Ask Otto Gloria, Chris Udemezue, Festus Adegboye Onigbinde, Manfred Hoener, Troussier, Bora Mulitinovic, Clemence Westerhof, Johannes Bonfrere, Shuaibu Amodu and Stephen Keshi. The nigerian position gives you the greatest conundrum of your life; talent that be world beaters but often strangely deliver far less. Adaptability and care is therefore important as well as the toughest skin that can handle well over 100 million coaches shouting in your ear every day of your life. Funny enough in recent times, those over 100 million coaches are not nigerians alone, they are foreigners too and now include the likes of Jose Mourinho. That is the kind of trouble that you can find yourself in. Nigeria is not Burkina Faso or Niger or Gabon or even England or Brazil. Nigeria is Nigeria.

After taking his holding 4-2-3-1 with the remote Ighalo to lose against Croatia (a match we should never have lost), Gernot Rohr probably prayed for a divine conversion. Melvin Pinnick, Segun Odegbami and Nwankwo Kanu would probably have been the evangelists. They would have said "Mr Rohr, dump your religion. This people can be fearless if needs be. Even if they die, they want to die fighting." They are not like stupid Herve Renard of Morocco whose team capitulated without a fight but the eediot still went ahead in the press conference and said "I am proud of our performance." Who cares about performance? Did you win or did you lose, bloody f001?

Is Gernot Rohr now fully converted? Does he now believe that he can take on any team in this World Cup and expect to do well? If he does not, pls Westerhof and Johannes Bonfrere are still alive. Let him quickly call them and seek advice. If he can believe, then this job may not be too big for him and he has finally accepted that Nigeria is not Burkina Faso or Gabon or Niger or Guinea and that truly his luck has come in and he must enjoy this jackpot.

Tuesday will tell us more.
Last edited by Goldleaf on Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Gospel Conversion of Mr Gernot Rohr

Post by zee »

Goldleaf wrote:When you coach countries like Burkina Faso, Gabon and Nigeria and you are rejected for the coaching position of Guinea, it is understandable if you feel your lot in life is not that great. But when you land the role of the coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria, then not only has your luck changed, but you have landed a jackpot that will give you the most wonderful experience of your life. It therefore pays for you to approach the job with the deep sense of observation, analysis, knowhow, humility and interest. The Nigerian coaching position is not a position for every Tom, d#$% and Harry. In the days of Father Tiko, when the NFA refused to buy balls for the team, Father Tiko bought balls out of money from his own pocket. He did not leave because he knew he had great talents on his hands.

Ask Otto Gloria, Chris Udemezue, Festus Adegboye Onigbinde, Manfred Hoener, Troussier, Bora Mulitinovic, Clemence Westerhof, Johannes Bonfrere, Shuaibu Amodu and Stephen Keshi. The nigerian position gives you the greatest conundrum of your life; talent that be world beaters but often strangely deliver far less. Adaptability and care is therefore important as well as the toughest skin that can handle well over 100 million coaches shouting in your ear every day of your life. Funny enough in recent times, those over 100 million coaches are not nigerians alone, they are foreigners too and now include the likes of Jose Mourinho. That is the kind of trouble that you can find yourself in. Nigeria is not Burkina Faso or Niger or Gabon or even England or Brazil. Nigeria is Nigeria.

After taking his holding 4-2-3-1 with the remote Ighalo to lose against Croatia (a match we should never have lost), Gernot Rohr probably prayed for a divine conversion. Melvin Pinnick, Segun Odegbami and Nwankwo Kanu would probably have been the evangelists. They would have said "Mr Rohr, dump your religion. This people can be fearless if needs be. Even if they die, they want to die fighting." They are not like stupid Herve Renard of Morocco whose team capitulated without a fight but the eediot still went ahead in the press conference and said "I am proud of our performance." Who cares about performance? Did you win or did you lose, bloody f001?

Is Gernot Rohr now fully converted? Does he now believe that he can take on any team in this World Cup and expect to do well? If he does not, pls Westerhof and Johannes Bonfrere are still alive. Let him quickly call them and seek advice. If he can believe, then this job may not be too big for him and he has finally accepted that Nigeria is not Burkina Faso or Gabon or Niger or Guinea and that truly his luck has come in and he must enjoy this jackpot.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Heard Mikel say Tuesday is do or die after the win against Iceland. The SE will not listen to Rohr if he attempts to continue to instill fear. Rohr can't continue to admire the clubs the opposition plays for like some clowns on CE, no more excuses, the SE are giant killers, let them fly, if Rhor can't qualify for the next round I say fire him.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

9jaMan wrote:Heard Mikel say Tuesday is do or die after the win against Iceland. The SE will not listen to Rohr if he attempts to continue to instill fear. Rohr can't continue to admire the clubs the opposition plays for like some clowns on CE, no more excuses, the SE are giant killers, let them fly, if Rhor can't qualify for the next round I say fire him.
Kpom :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap: ................ :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

We lost to a better CROATIA team no need finding excuses
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

john12 wrote:We lost to a better CROATIA team no need finding excuses
Maybe starting Lionel Musa :thumbs: :thumbs: and the twin-attacker 'non-cowardly approach' would have given us the result we needed.
Rohr castrated us in that match and he got an earful from our former players and current officials.

BTW........it was coward Rohr's tactics that made Croatia BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RomanusOjinta
Egg
Egg

Post by RomanusOjinta »

This post was made by john12 who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Nigeria boss Gernot Rohr: "What I like in my young team is humility, solidarity and fighting spirit. I thought before this World Cup we were here to learn. :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:

"I think this team will be ready in 2022 and this World Cup is coming early :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: , but we have a good chance to win against Argentina."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44439138
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Goldleaf wrote:When you coach countries like Burkina Faso, Gabon and Niger and you are rejected for the coaching position of Guinea, it is understandable if you feel your lot in life is not that great. But when you land the role of the coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria, then not only has your luck changed, but you have landed a jackpot that will give you the most wonderful experience of your life. It therefore pays for you to approach the job with the deep sense of observation, analysis, knowhow, humility and interest. The Nigerian coaching position is not a position for every Tom, d#$% and Harry. In the days of Father Tiko, when the NFA refused to buy balls for the team, Father Tiko bought balls out of money from his own pocket. He did not leave because he knew he had great talents on his hands.

why do people always mention Mourinho when it comes to Nigeria? But never mention Guardiola?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Rohr is an average coach, he had five friendlies games (four of which he lost), to identify the best positions for Ighalo, Mikel, and Moses. We now have a must-win game against Argentina.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

realtrouble wrote:Rohr is an average coach, he had five friendlies games (four of which he lost), to identify the best positions for Ighalo, Mikel, and Moses. We now have a must-win game against Argentina.
Below average.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

This thread is populated by ppl with no clue or class..... u think you lost to Croatia because of the coach....

Why did Argentina get hammered.... because of Rohr?

U let to a better team and we were unlucky and careless.... both goals against us on another day won’t happen and the game would have been a draw...

If u do t respect what’s in front of you then u don’t know anything about the game....

If ur bold, pick ur team against Argentina now so that win lose we can see how great u are....everyone is clever after the event....

Same ppl here said....Musa this Musa that.....once he scored, they switched, he became Lionel Musa.....but no respect to the guy that saw it in training and had the audacity to put it in action.

Everyone here should be ashamed of themselves.....

As expected.....result to personal insults
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Even in Japan/Korea 2002, I didn't hear Onigbinde talk about learning. More like we'll leave whatever we have on the pitch and some.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

Enyi wrote:This thread is populated by ppl with no clue or class..... u think you lost to Croatia because of the coach....

Why did Argentina get hammered.... because of Rohr?

U let to a better team and we were unlucky and careless.... both goals against us on another day won’t happen and the game would have been a draw...

If u do t respect what’s in front of you then u don’t know anything about the game....

If ur bold, pick ur team against Argentina now so that win lose we can see how great u are....everyone is clever after the event....

Same ppl here said....Musa this Musa that.....once he scored, they switched, he became Lionel Musa.....but no respect to the guy that saw it in training and had the audacity to put it in action.

Everyone here should be ashamed of themselves.....

As expected.....result to personal insults
So because Argentina get hammered by Croatia means We cldn’t have beaten Croatia? We might as well not show up against Argentina according to your logic.
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

DIMKA76 wrote:Even in Japan/Korea 2002, I didn't hear Onigbinde talk about learning. More like we'll leave whatever we have on the pitch and some.
Told the boys to go die for their father land...lol. Keshi told the boys to enjoy themselves and have fun. This suegbe dey fell our boys to go learn. How do you compete where you are learning from your opponents?
I
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

one factor in all this is you forget that English is not Rohr first language which means he might erroneously substitutes words that may not vividly deliver what he has in mind.
I can see how mugus take his words literally thinking after all he is onyinbo therefore he must know English. If he had proper command of the language I guarantee you he would not use the word LEARNING. there are many words that mean same thing as learning he would have substituted to disarm you 'brother soldiers'
synonyms of word - learn; gain, master, attain, get, etc

And how about transference issues which some of you harbor & don't even know you are fighting implicit feelings of injustice, unfairness, bias etc; I have read some people here insinuating he is looking down on us or he doesnt think our Team or players are European equals for reasons other than skills/experience.
Last edited by jette1 on Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

eyan wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:Even in Japan/Korea 2002, I didn't hear Onigbinde talk about learning. More like we'll leave whatever we have on the pitch and some.
Told the boys to go die for their father land...lol. Keshi told the boys to enjoy themselves and have fun. This suegbe dey fell our boys to go learn. How do you compete where you are learning from your opponents?
I
Keshi also said that we are here to learn at the 2014 World Cup. I didn't have a problem with it then and don't have a problem with it now.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

So this so called gospel was that accomplished that it needed Rohr own philosophy only to turn around and labor to convert
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."