Belgium 5(gift-goal) Vs Tunisia 2........

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Belgium 5(gift-goal) Vs Tunisia 2........

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

folem wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Can't fix stupid. Piss poor football IQ of Tunisian football exposed in front of the entire world once again at the WC.

Hopefully after yet another wasted WC the Tunisian FA finally gets serious about addressing systemic issues that plagues Tunisian football. WC not a vacation, goal not to play role of tourists. Time we grow up
Do you think other teams are tourists or won't grow too? Its only a game, better luck next time.
When you can't get basic conditioning spot on, you do not merit a place in the WC.

We're an embarrassment.

Tunisia not willing to sacrifice success short term locally in order to build a program that can succeed on the biggest stage. Feel for the players. Have a league & FA that set them up to fail on the world stage time & again. Hook or by crook shenanigans may work locally & in CAF comps but at the WC you win on merit. Skill, conditioning, intelligence, cohesion, mental toughness must be at optimal levels.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
folem wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Can't fix stupid. Piss poor football IQ of Tunisian football exposed in front of the entire world once again at the WC.

Hopefully after yet another wasted WC the Tunisian FA finally gets serious about addressing systemic issues that plagues Tunisian football. WC not a vacation, goal not to play role of tourists. Time we grow up
Do you think other teams are tourists or won't grow too? Its only a game, better luck next time.
When you can't get basic conditioning you do not merit a place in the WC.

We're an embarrassment.

Tunisia not willing to sacrifice success short term locally in order to build a program that can succeed on the biggest stage. Feel for the players. Have a league & FA that set them up to fail on the world stage time & again. Hook or by crook shenanigans may work locally & in CAF comps but at the WC you win on merit. Skill, conditioning, intelligence, cohesion, mental toughness must be at optimal levels.
Find some positives. You are too harsh.

At least Tunisia qualified for the WC and have a better league than Nigeria. You can build from their.
You are right, Tunisia didn't look well conditioned. Looked like light weights. BTW what happened to the black players in the side like Jaidi, Trabelsi and etc?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
folem wrote:

When you can't get basic conditioning spot on, you do not merit a place in the WC.

We're an embarrassment.

All teams at World Cup are there on merit. Tunisia have 3 goals already equaling their best performance in 1978. Its not easy at the top and the guys didn't give up till the last minute..
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

txj wrote:
Coach wrote:Isn’t Bash left footed? Zip zero composure.
Bro, did you mean Bash Ali? :rotf: :rotf:
Nno! Batschuayi!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

tfco wrote:
North Africa
5 games
0 wins
5 losses
3 goals

West Africa
3 games
2 wins
1 loss
4 goals
Why do they struggle at the worldcup
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:
txj wrote:
Coach wrote:Isn’t Bash left footed? Zip zero composure.
Bro, did you mean Bash Ali? :rotf: :rotf:
Nno! Batschuayi!
Could they be related from another mother?

Same swagger...with a lip on Bash to match the Trumpinator; southpaw who couldn't connect; jaw clear and fragile as glass...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

oloye wrote:
truetalk wrote:Tunisia do not deserve to be in the World Cup. DRC gifted them the ticket. They were up 2-0 at home and collapsed in the last moments of the game.

Egypt may have been unlucky with the Salah injury, while Morocco is choking unexpectedly, but this was always what we expected of Tunisia.

No new here.
It is not fair to say that Tunisia did not deserve to be at the world cup and a country that collapsed on its own dropping a 2 goal lead more deserving. It simply makes no sense. I think what makes sense is that Tunisia has not been good enough at the world cup. Sometimes I think we just need to leave it at that without trying to read too much.. Belgium will beat many teams convincingly with the squad they have.
Oloye, I am worried about you, but I'll use your logic & say let's leave it there.

DRC was the better team during the qualifiers. They are probably the only team who can match Nigeria on the continent if both teams efficiently deployed their resources & used it to their potential. The Belgium you are talking about, where are their stars from? Which other country are the eligible for? Yes, you guessed it, DRC.

Florent Ibenge's team threw the qualifiers away. Beyond that, I am looking at the ceiling of both teams. Tunisia was never going anywhere in this World Cup. DRC on the other hand can hang with European teams and their team is getting rapidly stronger. That is why your comment on Aina, for instance, made no sense in that PH game.

Since the qualifiers, Cedric Bakambu has become the most expensive African player ever. Yannick Bolasie of Everton is back from injury. Bennick Afobe has just committed to them & played in Port Harcourt. Britt Assombalonga has committed as well. And they have not even started fighting Belgium & France for players yet.

Tunisia did not deserve the WC slot. They are who we thought they were.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

truetalk wrote:
oloye wrote:
truetalk wrote:Tunisia do not deserve to be in the World Cup. DRC gifted them the ticket. They were up 2-0 at home and collapsed in the last moments of the game.

Egypt may have been unlucky with the Salah injury, while Morocco is choking unexpectedly, but this was always what we expected of Tunisia.

No new here.
It is not fair to say that Tunisia did not deserve to be at the world cup and a country that collapsed on its own dropping a 2 goal lead more deserving. It simply makes no sense. I think what makes sense is that Tunisia has not been good enough at the world cup. Sometimes I think we just need to leave it at that without trying to read too much.. Belgium will beat many teams convincingly with the squad they have.
Oloye, I am worried about you, but I'll use your logic & say let's leave it there.

DRC was the better team during the qualifiers. They are probably the only team who can match Nigeria on the continent if both teams efficiently deployed their resources & used it to their potential. The Belgium you are talking about, where are their stars from? Which other country are the eligible for? Yes, you guessed it, DRC.

Florent Ibenge's team threw the qualifiers away. Beyond that, I am looking at the ceiling of both teams. Tunisia was never going anywhere in this World Cup. DRC on the other hand can hang with European teams and their team is getting rapidly stronger. That is why your comment on Aina, for instance, made no sense in that PH game.

Since the qualifiers, Cedric Bakambu has become the most expensive African player ever. Yannick Bolasie of Everton is back from injury. Bennick Afobe has just committed to them & played in Port Harcourt. Britt Assombalonga has committed as well. And they have not even started fighting Belgium & France for players yet.

Bro, good points.
But the fact remains, if you DON'T qualify ...................you don't deserve NOTHING.
Tunisia qualified and TRULY deserves to be at this WC.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

truetalk wrote:
oloye wrote:

No new here.

There is no reason to believe DRC will get better results than Tunisia at WC.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

I dont think north african teams are scared of european teams. The problem is that they advantage they usually have over sub saharan teams in continental games is organazation and cohesion. That advantage is nullified against Europeans. West african teams in the OTOH tend to have raw speed that many European teams can't keep up with. West african teams generally tend to have attacking speed as a comparative advantage against Europeans, while north african teams have nothing.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

To a mid to top level european team, playing a north african team is not dissimilar to playing low level European team. Playing a Ghana, Senegal or Nigeria is different. There's nothing in europe like those teams. They may look occasionally chaotic but all it takes is one breakaway and you're down a goal. You also have to adjust your defensive line to accomodate that.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

amafolas wrote:I dont think north african teams are scared of european teams. The problem is that they advantage they usually have over sub saharan teams in continental games is organazation and cohesion. That advantage is nullified against Europeans. West african teams in the OTOH tend to have raw speed that many European teams can't keep up with. West african teams generally tend to have attacking speed as a comparative advantage against Europeans, while north african teams have nothing.

Those are good points. It also helps to have experience at the global stage. Look at Peru. That team also had a lot of raw speed. First time at the world cup since 1982.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Belgium 2(gift-goal) Vs Tunisia 1........

Post by Tbite »

zee wrote:
Tbite wrote:I actually thought Belgium could win this but I am having second thoughts.

I have narrowed it down to Brazil or France.

I have ruled out Spain, Portugal, Germany already.
Don't rule out any of those teams.....................
Bump. 8-)
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

If Germany win this WC, I should be banned for 3 months.

This is not a Championship side! And it is not because they are struggling to qualify. This is a very naive side, for a so called elite team. They are playing like they are on the same level as Nigeria or Senegal.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT