FROM HERE ON OUT IT IS TIME TO SETTLE SCORES

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
FROM HERE ON OUT IT IS TIME TO SETTLE SCORES

Post by vancity eagle »

Tuesday IMO will be the most important game of Nigerian football history.

5 cracks at the worldcup. This our 6th we have perhaps our most stable team.

We have lost 4 straight to Argentina, and now a do or die affair to progress from this group.

What a stage to finally possibly deal a great blow to Argentina to atone for prior losses, with perhaps their greatest player since Maradona.

If we do not win one more match this WC, please Nigeria SE DO NOT LOSE TO ARGENTINA ON TUESDAY OH. DIE ON THAT PITCH BEFORE MESSI AND CO. WALK AWAY SMILING.

Can we possibly take a fifth defeat to Argentina ? Seriously it will be shameful. Even Ghana that owned USA at the Worldcup found out the hard way that these records do not last forever.

If by the grace of God we get past Argentina, then we will get the opportunity to settle with either France (Matuidi and co.) or with Denmark (to avenge the 4-1 disgrace)

It is time to settle scores. Be ruthless.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FROM HERE ON OUT IT IS TIME TO SETTLE SCORES

Post by Tbite »

We will get the victory.

ANC was busy talking about what have Argentina done to us.

They have eaten into our pride and legacy. This is more than a game, Mikel knows as much.

This is even bigger than this WC. The labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain!

This is one of the most important matches in Nigerian footballing history, it is bigger than the ANC.

World Cup 94, World Cup 2002, 2010, 2014, Beijing 2008, Colombia 2005!

We will never forget.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

dude, the first time Nigeria emerged on the world scene, all they did (starting from the eaglets to the Papa Eagles) was just foul foul the opponent. Its now a thing of amazement that in most matches the eagles suffer more fouls than the opponents. Its baby steps,my friend. Argentina does not matter in the larger scheme of things, SE just want to advance and continue to improve, hopefully make it to Quarter-finals.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

ANC wrote:dude, the first time Nigeria emerged on the world scene, all they did (starting from the eaglets to the Papa Eagles) was just foul foul the opponent. Its now a thing of amazement that in most matches the eagles suffer more fouls than the opponents. Its baby steps,my friend. Argentina does not matter in the larger scheme of things, SE just want to advance and continue to improve, hopefully make it to Quarter-finals.
ANC, so we will not advance if we beat Argentina? Point taken.

The revisionist strikes again.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Tbite wrote:
ANC wrote:dude, the first time Nigeria emerged on the world scene, all they did (starting from the eaglets to the Papa Eagles) was just foul foul the opponent. Its now a thing of amazement that in most matches the eagles suffer more fouls than the opponents. Its baby steps,my friend. Argentina does not matter in the larger scheme of things, SE just want to advance and continue to improve, hopefully make it to Quarter-finals.
ANC, so we will not advance if we beat Argentina? Point taken.

The revisionist strikes again.
Tbite, that doesn’t even make any sense what you’ve written there (although I fully expect you to use the word “revisionist” in your response to me).
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

vancity eagle wrote:Tuesday IMO will be the most important game of Nigerian football history.

5 cracks at the worldcup. This our 6th we have perhaps our most stable team.

We have lost 4 straight to Argentina, and now a do or die affair to progress from this group.

What a stage to finally possibly deal a great blow to Argentina to atone for prior losses, with perhaps their greatest player since Maradona.

If we do not win one more match this WC, please Nigeria SE DO NOT LOSE TO ARGENTINA ON TUESDAY OH. DIE ON THAT PITCH BEFORE MESSI AND CO. WALK AWAY SMILING.

Can we possibly take a fifth defeat to Argentina ? Seriously it will be shameful. Even Ghana that owned USA at the Worldcup found out the hard way that these records do not last forever.

If by the grace of God we get past Argentina, then we will get the opportunity to settle with either France (Matuidi and co.) or with Denmark (to avenge the 4-1 disgrace)

It is time to settle scores. Be ruthless.
Wow. So this is now the most stable team ever. I’ve heard of damascene conversions but this...
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.