Germany 2 Vs Sweden 1..Germans say it's their 1st final 2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Germany 1 Vs Sweden 1..Germans say it's their 1st final

Post by oloye »

marko wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:By the way where is marko to discuss the naivete of his adopted country?
Right here, you dont play defensive football with a team like Germany for 90 minutes, they are a well oiled machine, funny enough, Sweden kept a defensive shape in the 1st half and Germany did not seem to have any ideas

They got a fortunate equaliser, keeper misjudged the ball, i thought with 10 men, Sweden should have made thr extra man count but they still stuck to defensive football and gave away a stupid freekick when he was not going anywhere, yes naive defending, maybe the god of football decided that for all Germany positive play, they should win! I like to see positive football win

We are talking about Germany here, 4 times world cup winners and current holders, they always find a way back

However, i am not convinced with Germany so far, they will meet far better opponents in the knockout stages

Sweden dont have star players like Zlatan anymore, they cannot play open football with Germany, that is suicidal!

Just like Iceland cannot afford to play open football with the likes of Argentina, Nigeria, Croatia

Marko never hides!
Thanks for the long essay...but this can be summed up with these simple words which you were never gracious enough to extend to your supposedly country and continent. The Swedes were naive! That would have spared us all the essay my good friend. :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

oloye wrote:
marko wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:By the way where is marko to discuss the naivete of his adopted country?
Right here, you dont play defensive football with a team like Germany for 90 minutes, they are a well oiled machine, funny enough, Sweden kept a defensive shape in the 1st half and Germany did not seem to have any ideas

They got a fortunate equaliser, keeper misjudged the ball, i thought with 10 men, Sweden should have made thr extra man count but they still stuck to defensive football and gave away a stupid freekick when he was not going anywhere, yes naive defending, maybe the god of football decided that for all Germany positive play, they should win! I like to see positive football win

We are talking about Germany here, 4 times world cup winners and current holders, they always find a way back

However, i am not convinced with Germany so far, they will meet far better opponents in the knockout stages

Sweden dont have star players like Zlatan anymore, they cannot play open football with Germany, that is suicidal!

Just like Iceland cannot afford to play open football with the likes of Argentina, Nigeria, Croatia

Marko never hides!
Thanks for the long essay...but this can be summed up with these simple words which you were never gracious enough to extend to your supposedly country and continent. The Swedes were naive! That would have spared us all the essay my good friend. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

zee wrote:
charlie wrote:Moral of the story,...when you get your hand on the throat of a dragon,...dont let go until the head is off.

Super Eagles, take note...dont play to draw. Play to win!
But let's be honest.....Germany was the unlucky team actually.
They hit post, had countless near misses....................all-in-all it was justice.
True, but once Germany had the red card, Sweden should have gone for the kill. They didn't and paid the price.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

theYemster wrote:
folem wrote:
Ipe Grams wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Another great German escape
Indeed and down to 10 men, I don't think any other team can do what that German team did.
The Italians did it to us in 1994 & Australia in 2006. Sweden were just naive. :lol:
Italy did it twice in USA 94 I think in back to back games sef. They were also a man down in their last group match (against Mexico I believe or Ireland can't remember) and they won 1-0 to sneak into the R16 to repeat the feat against us. I think they lost their first match to Ireland 0-1 then drew their next match against a team I can't remember then beat Mexico despite playing a man down. I loved that team cos of Roberto Baggio.

I could be wrong about the order though.
The 2nd group game for the Italians vs Norway was the match where they won playing with 10 men before repeating the same feat against Naija. Germany don't look like winners atm.
Last edited by folem on Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:
marko wrote:

Marko never hides!
Please read my long essay, maybe with spectacles, you will see i called out Sweden naive defending!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

marko wrote:
oloye wrote:
marko wrote:

Marko never hides!
Please read my long essay, maybe with spectacles, you will see i called out Sweden naive defending!
You tried to hide it in long essays...just spare us the long essays...I don't use glasses and I don't need one. Just call them bloody naive and incompetent Ingrid's. You derive so much joy using the word for African countries....I know the vitriol you would have spewed if this was Nigeria.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Germany 0 Vs Sweden 0..Germans say it's their 1st final

Post by green4life »

zee wrote:
green4life wrote:
zee wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
waka-man wrote:Boateng is almost playing as a wing back. There’s a whole city of space behind him
Na why I dey laugh at folks wey dey blame Rudiger. :lol:
Still, his reading of the game is very, very poor...
His reading why it's only 1-0 given he has little help back there. Notwithstanding, he had nothing to do with the goal that Sweden scored.
Rudiger caused the not given penalty in the 12th min.
Wrong again. That was Boateng who clipped the swede from behind.
He tried to dribble and lost the ball and the swedes countered that led to the penalty.............REWATCH.
Again not true. It was Kroos that tried to dribble then turned the ball over while he led to the counter.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Germany 2 Vs Sweden 1..Germans say it's their 1st final

Post by mcal »

...I never care for any team that bea Nigeria at the wc, so I don't for the Swedes, they ffuckd demselfs.
That said, so Germany is a shoo-in for next round as it's a forgone conclusion they will beat the Koreans
Sweden v Mexico, el tri will not bend, they will play to win.
asabe
Egg
Egg

Post by asabe »

zee wrote:
mate wrote:
Ipe Grams wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Another great German escape
Indeed and down to 10 men, I don't think any other team can do what that German team did.

KPOM!

Something tells me Germany is also the only team that has the tools, know how, and men to do an overhaul...and come back even stronger in this WC.
Oh, I forgot Croatia..............another team that Germany fears at the WC.
They Croatians don't get bullied and their style kind of confuses the Germany system.

But France is their number one...........nightmare.
Historically Germany has been a thorn for the French team..
“love the life you live. live the life you love.” Bob Marley
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

zee wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:@Zee

Jerome is off

It is time for Sweden to finish them off.
Never write off these Germans till the final whistle............NEVER.
Zee!! :clap: :bump:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:
marko wrote:
oloye wrote:
marko wrote:

Marko never hides!
You tried to hide it in long essays...just spare us the long essays...I don't use glasses and I don't need one. Just call them bloody naive and incompetent Ingrid's. You derive so much joy using the word for African countries....I know the vitriol you would have spewed if this was Nigeria.

You dont have to read my long essay if you dont feel like but please lets not get side tracked, Sure there are millions of Swedes saddned today, i wanted to see them do well, they are not even out of it yet, they live to fight another day, that group is wide open, just like the Nigeria group
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

bepanda wrote:Germany would be winning, if Ozil played.
Lol. No be against this kain opponent. :lol:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

marko wrote:
oloye wrote:
marko wrote:
oloye wrote:
marko wrote:

Marko never hides!

You dont have to read my long essay if you dont feel like but please lets not get side tracked, Sure there are millions of Swedes saddned today, i wanted to see them do well, they are not even out of it yet, they live to fight another day, that group is wide open, just like the Nigeria group
My friend I don't have problem with your essay, I just want you to be consistent :lol: :lol:

All well and good , I have no problem with you. You are a good guy...so no wahala, I just needed this opportunity to get back at you,something this tournament has presented on many fronts.

The Swedes only have themselves to blame unfortunately.

folem
Egg
Egg
Re: Germany 0 Vs Sweden 0..Germans say it's their 1st final

Post by folem »

[/video]
Last edited by folem on Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

oloye wrote:
marko wrote:

Marko never hides!
Bia Oloye,

Take your time ooo! That word is reserved for African countries including the set piece debacle. Is Sweden in Africa?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

tunde72 wrote:German machine never to be underestimated
No be today. I damn near cried like a baby in 1982 when they came back from the dead against Platini and Co 1-3 down in extra time to win on pks. :agree:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:
marko wrote:
oloye wrote:
marko wrote:
oloye wrote:
marko wrote:

Marko never hides!

My friend I don't have problem with your essay, I just want you to be consistent :lol: :lol:

All well and good , I have no problem with you. You are a good guy...so no wahala, I just needed this opportunity to get back at you,something this tournament has presented on many fronts.

The Swedes only have themselves to blame unfortunately.
Well i will choose offensive football any day rather than rat like football, but no Sweden cant stand toe to toe with Germany so that was their only salvation, Germany, one will expect them to take care of South Korea but that is not a foregone conclusion

Marko
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

What makes the German so tough? It can't just be the water from Rhein or the wine from Baden Wurtemberg. Being so consistent over so long ... is just not luck.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

History. To have once stood across the ring from the world, squeezed in a gum shield and told the time keeper to ring the bell, does something to the blood in your being. Theres an arrogance about Germans that, whilst seeing shame in their past atrocities, sees pride in their rebuild from ravaged wench after Versailles, to barrel-chested b*stard looking for a ruck with all comers.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

marko wrote:

Marko never hides!
Na wa o. You dey take style make excuses for Sweden by focusing more on the prowess of the Germans. I get a feeling that would not be the case if it were Nigeria that lost like that. It would have been straight up vitriolic insults and abuse towards the players, the team, and even the country as a whole. I think that is what people are trying to point out to your here in a nice way. You have some level of empathy for Sweden but not Nigeria, a much poorer nation with far less investment in the sport.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

green4life wrote:
tunde72 wrote:German machine never to be underestimated
No be today. I damn near cried like a baby in 1982 when they came back from the dead against Platini and Co 1-3 down in extra time to win on pks. :agree:

Na lie you were eating bad food at Okigwe then biko :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

marko wrote:
Dr. Wazobia wrote:
AreaDaddy wrote:That yeye Swedish hipster needs to be taken back to Sweden and flogged. Walahi
Na wa o. He was obviously playing on another planet.
My friend knows that hipster quite well, think he is of Syrian background, he was stupid to say the least
Turkish
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Orion wrote:
marko wrote:

Marko never hides!
Na wa o. You dey take style make excuses for Sweden by focusing more on the prowess of the Germans. I get a feeling that would not be the case if it were Nigeria that lost like that. It would have been straight up vitriolic insults and abuse towards the players, the team, and even the country as a whole. I think that is what people are trying to point out to your here in a nice way. You have some level of empathy for Sweden but not Nigeria, a much poorer nation with far less investment in the sport.
No mind am :D
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16