LET THIS GERMANY MATCH SERVE AS A CLEAR WARNING TO OUR BOYS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
LET THIS GERMANY MATCH SERVE AS A CLEAR WARNING TO OUR BOYS

Post by vancity eagle »

Sweden could have all but knocked Germany out today.

A wounded Lion IS STILL A LION.

And it must be treated carefully until it has no breathe of life left.

Let us not be passive in any way, let us not make silly mistakes, and we must avoid giving the Argies Freekicks, because they will punish us.

These teams fight to the finish, and will use any way possible to win. Do not give Argentina any chance at life. Deny them and PUNISH them TO THE FINISH.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: LET THIS GERMANY MATCH SERVE AS A CLEAR WARNING TO OUR B

Post by kajifu »

vancity eagle wrote:Sweden could have all but knocked Germany out today.

Let us not be passive in any way, let us not make silly mistakes, and we must avoid giving the Argies Freekicks, because they will punish us.

These teams fight to the finish, and will use any way possible to win. Do not give Argentina any chance at life. Deny them and PUNISH them TO THE FINISH.
Ok let me forward to the German coach incharge of SE
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

kajifu wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Sweden could have all but knocked Germany out today.

Ok let me forward to the German coach incharge of SE
Good one Kajifufu :taunt:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Mistakes will be made, that is inevitable, it will be a gunfight. Winner takes all.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

You cannot compare as Sweden were too defensive, even with 10 men!, they set themselves up to lose, it was wave after wave of attack for 90 minutes, will Nigeria play like Sweden? I dont think so, Sweden could have got at least a draw but for a needless freekick given away at the critical moment of the game

The difference between Germany and Argentina is Germany played ok even when they lost against Mexico and today at least they played positive football

Compare to argentina, they have been pretty terrible in both games and conceded 4 goals and only scored 1 however i do get your point
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

marko wrote:You cannot compare as Sweden were too defensive, even with 10 men!, they set themselves up to lose, it was wave after wave of attack for 90 minutes, will Nigeria play like Sweden? I dont think so, Sweden could have got at least a draw but for a needless freekick given away at the critical moment of the game

The difference between Germany and Argentina is Germany played ok even when they lost against Mexico and today at least they played positive football

Compare to argentina, they have been pretty terrible in both games and conceded 4 goals and only scored 1 however i do get your point
There was a point where I thought they would put the extra man near the half way line to at least occupy one German defender... they would have still had the numerical advantage.

But no.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Cellular wrote:
marko wrote:You cannot compare as Sweden were too defensive, even with 10 men!, they set themselves up to lose, it was wave after wave of attack for 90 minutes, will Nigeria play like Sweden? I dont think so, Sweden could have got at least a draw but for a needless freekick given away at the critical moment of the game

There was a point where I thought they would put the extra man near the half way line to at least occupy one German defender... they would have still had the numerical advantage.

But no.
Chair.............Sweden are not equipped to do that against Germany.
France yes..........Griezmann would have scored 4 goals today if Germany attacked France like they did today, but them Germany won't even try it.
They will just humbly accepted a close defeat than get disgraced throwing all the players forward........but then THIS IS SWEDEN. :D
Last edited by zee on Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Sweden were too scared of making the extra man count, they thought they had it wrapped, Germany are not the current world cup winners for nothing, they play until the final whistle

Sorry for all Sweden good play today, they lack the quality and are comparable to Iceland, they have punched beyound their weight but its not over yet, they have a chance against Mexico, one would expect Germany to beat South Korea but this is football, anything can happen
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Too much after the fact Einsteinics. Sweden executed a good team strategy, which, but for a moment of madness, would’ve insured every mans’ place in Valhalla.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Coach wrote:Too much after the fact Einsteinics. Sweden executed a good team strategy, which, but for a moment of madness, would’ve insured every mans’ place in Valhalla.
That strategy was risky, nearly worked but the pressure from the Germans was too much

Marko
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Can't feel bad for Sweden. You have a numeric advantage and your team is still walking around as if they were looking for furniture at Ikea( pun intended).
Oh well. It's not over till it's over!
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

They were "out on their feet". The way Germany moved them from left to right, was reminiscent of Floyd's master thesis vs Canelo. By the end of it, much like Canelo, Sweden were blowing hard through flared nostrils and hoping for the bell or to be knocked out to end the torture of another round. They tried but...German engineering, clutch down, sixth gear, vroommmmm!!!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote:Too much after the fact Einsteinics. Sweden executed a good team strategy, which, but for a moment of genius, would’ve insured every mans’ place in Valhalla.
Corrected. The greats step up when it counts.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Sweden disappointed me. I wanted Germany to lose, pack their belongings and get ready to go home after the third game. Sweden have one man advantage, yet defended and defended. What were they thinking? How long were they going to defend in their end (part) of field without making a mistake?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
asabe
Egg
Egg

Post by asabe »

Coach wrote:They were "out on their feet". The way Germany moved them from left to right, was reminiscent of Floyd's master thesis vs Canelo. By the end of it, much like Canelo, Sweden were blowing hard through flared nostrils and hoping for the bell or to be knocked out to end the torture of another round. They tried but...German engineering, clutch down, sixth gear, vroommmmm!!!
Football person talking here. The reason you move the ball around is to create space and tire the opposing team. Toward the end Sweden had worked so hard that they did not have legs to respond. Give credit to Germany for the relentless attack that wore Sweden down.
“love the life you live. live the life you love.” Bob Marley