Soccer is about to DIE!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Soccer is about to DIE!!

Post by green4life »

The real deal wrote:I cannot believe no one is talking about this. Negative soccer is killing this game. Its time to wake up
I shake my head
FIFA needs to DO something about defensive football. Urgent changes to game rules to compensate offensive and entertaining teams is necessary. Teams are defending all day...
This type of football is been adopted by so many teams now, win tru the backdoor. Whatever hapd to the BEAUTIFUL GAME
What we watch this days is a heart breaker...a cliff hanger...I'm hating these!!
Abeg shut up.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

green4life wrote:
The real deal wrote:I cannot believe no one is talking about this. Negative soccer is killing this game. Its time to wake up
I shake my head
FIFA needs to DO something about defensive football. Urgent changes to game rules to compensate offensive and entertaining teams is necessary. Teams are defending all day...
This type of football is been adopted by so many teams now, win tru the backdoor. Whatever hapd to the BEAUTIFUL GAME
What we watch this days is a heart breaker...a cliff hanger...I'm hating these!!
Abeg shut up.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I don't know which World Cup he is watching.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

cchinukw wrote:Shut this thread now.

Did you never see Italy play at the height of their glory?

All these people wey begin watch world cup in 2014 na wah for una o. :sneaky:

The guy is mentally imbalanced ... always OPAKS with him :roll:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

green4life wrote:
I shake my head
Abeg shut up.

Thank you my guy :thumb:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
sayala
Egg
Egg

Post by sayala »

Rawlings wrote:you are the one about to die
have u seen how many goals have been scored in the world cup already
The main reason that the number of goals is going up is because teams have become very adept at scoring from set pieces. The increase in goals is not from open play.

Legends like Socrates and Van Basten have suggested reducing the number of players from 11 to 9 and increasing the number of substitutes to as many as 7. I would support such moves.

Such changes would actually benefit African teams. Any change that creates more space on the field will benefit African teams because we simply are not adept at unlocking 10 man defences.

Teams have become so mechanical. Even Brazil no longer has skills or panache or flair. They play like Germany. Socrates chief architect of samba along with Zico must be shaking his head wherever he is upstairs.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

sayala wrote:
Rawlings wrote:you are the one about to die
have u seen how many goals have been scored in the world cup already
The main reason that the number of goals is going up is because teams have become very adept at scoring from set pieces. The increase in goals is not from open play.

Legends like Socrates and Van Basten have suggested reducing the number of players from 11 to 9 and increasing the number of substitutes to as many as 7. I would support such moves.

Such changes would actually benefit African teams. Any change that creates more space on the field will benefit African teams because we simply are not adept at unlocking 10 man defences.

Teams have become so mechanical. Even Brazil no longer has skills or panache or flair. They play like Germany. Socrates chief architect of samba along with Zico must be shaking his head wherever he is upstairs.
I disagree with the suggestion to reduce the number of players and increase number of subs used.

11 men each side has always worked wonders irrespective of the challenge. We can't just succumb because of a new winning strategy.

We have to use Eneke the bird's analogy here that since the hunter has learnt to shoot without missing, the bird has learnt to fly without perching.

Teams have sussed out how to win from set pieces. What I want to hear about as a game enthusiast are new ways of shutting those techniques down and denying goal scoring opportunities from set pieces.

Obviously, the most dangerous set pieces are those nearest the goal area. Therefore, defenders in the future will need better brains to deal with clearances as well as setting up counter attacks quickly from deflected crosses.

It is still in the hands of teams to device ways out of the quagmire. That is why we are human. We solve problems!
Last edited by cchinukw on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

anikulapo wrote:

Haba, If you disagrre with my position, just state yours. When you talk to someone this way, you need to look in the mirror. This deep anti-debate mentality is why most 3rd world countries/Afr countries are backward.
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

I have a completly different perspective. I think that tactics and sports science have become so sophisticated that the gap between teams is narrower than its ever been. Here we are 4 games into the tourny and no team has been lights out. The same has been the case since the 2006 WC. Winners are determined by tactical adjustments and luck. In a lot of these games, you get the sense the teams would have 5 wins each if they played one another 10 times.

This is more subjective but I think the nature of the game has changed such that star players do not stand out as much and can be neutralized by good tactics. None of the last 3 WC winners had 1-2 guys carry them to victory. It was a team effort with bright spots on each team (eg Mueller, Lahm, Schweinsteger, Xavi, Villa, Iniesta, Pirlo, etc) and we're seeing much the same this tournament. The two best players in the world (Ronaldo and Messi) went out in whimpers. The last guy to carry his country to WC victory was Ronaldo in 2002. We'll see what happens in the next week but my hunch is no player will stand out.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

I think some of the recent changes by FIFA are good for the game and hopefully they continue. The extra sub in extra time is much needed and I would like to see FIFA give an extra sub during the 90 minutes. It also needs to explore how to punish time wasting activities. For instance, more yellow cards to players who feign injury or walk off the pitch when they're being subbed. Right now you are rewarded more than you are punished for wasting time.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Real deal don't let them shout you down. You have a point my brother. Soccer is on the way down. And yes in southern Africa we cal it soccer not football :thumbs: This world cup hasn't so far produced many outstanding performance s its been all about teamwork much like modern football. Soccer is now reduced to who is more organised,who is more defensively minded and so on. Throw ins were nothing when I was a kid but these days teams actually have designated throw in takers. Has the game sunk that low that in now relies on set pieces and little advantages. Many of the games are just downright boring unless you have a dog in the fight. Sad
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

The real deal wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Haba, If you disagrre with my position, just state yours. When you talk to someone this way, you need to look in the mirror. This deep anti-debate mentality is why most 3rd world countries/Afr countries are backward.
:agree:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!