Soccer is about to DIE!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The real deal
Egg
Egg
Soccer is about to DIE!!

Post by The real deal »

I cannot believe no one is talking about this. Negative soccer is killing this game. Its time to wake up
I shake my head
FIFA needs to DO something about defensive football. Urgent changes to game rules to compensate offensive and entertaining teams is necessary. Teams are defending all day...
This type of football is been adopted by so many teams now, win tru the backdoor. Whatever hapd to the BEAUTIFUL GAME
What we watch this days is a heart breaker...a cliff hanger...I'm hating these!!
Last edited by The real deal on Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: What should FIFA do??

Post by Coach »

Nonsense.
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

Coach wrote:Nonsense.

So juvenile of you
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

The real deal wrote:I cannot believe no one is talking about this. Negative soccer is killing this game. Its time to wake up
I shake my head
FIFA needs to DO something about defensive football. Urgent changes to game rules to compensate offensive and entertaining teams is necessary. Sweden defended all day...
This type of football is been adopted by so many teams now, win tru the backdoor. Whatever hapd to the BEAUTIFUL GAME
What we watch this days is a heart breaker...a cliff hanger...I'm hating these!!

There is beauty in defending too. This view is why Balon d' or is tilted towards attackers. FIFA has done something with this yeye change to the offside rule where the benefit of doubt is given to strikers

ps. Sweden most certainly didn't defend all day.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Defense is part of the game.

No change needed.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Coach wrote:Nonsense.
Kpom :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Not a single 0-0 draw....Goals galore....best WC ever!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Had Floyd note mastered the art of defence, he wouldn't have been 49-0. A good defence is the cornerstone of any successful endeavour. Sweden were not over-defensive, they attacked with precision up till the finish, with a clear strategy and purpose. First half, they had the better chances and should've gone in two to the good. Second-half, the legs went and they dropped a few yards, invited pressure, posing a threat on the counter, albeit waning. They were 60 seconds from a sterling result and a bloody good job.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

The real deal wrote:I cannot believe no one is talking about this. Negative soccer is killing this game. Its time to wake up
I shake my head
FIFA needs to DO something about defensive football. Urgent changes to game rules to compensate offensive and entertaining teams is necessary. Sweden defended all day...
Na today you begin watch football.

Like every game of strategy, you harness your strengths and cancel out your weaknesses for the ultimate price.

It's the only way the Barbarians could eventually overcome Rome.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
The real deal
Egg
Egg
Re: Soccer is about to DIE!!

Post by The real deal »

Has EPL and Mourinho finally caught up with football? The negative teams are grinding out results.....The reason we call it the BEAUTIFUL game is going, it abt to become the HEARTBREAK game......Enterprising and entertaining players are been curtailed or unattractive. Is it time for rules that rewars positive play and players?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Mr Shows wrote:Not a single 0-0 draw....Goals galore....best WC ever!
Denmark - France says hello. As you were.

Wha choo looking at?!
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

If someone is defending... then someone is attacking.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

juventuss wrote:If someone is defending... then someone is attacking.

There is a tremendous imbalance.....its obvious. Negative play is killing this game
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

The real deal wrote:
juventuss wrote:If someone is defending... then someone is attacking.

There is a tremendous imbalance.....its obvious. Negative play is killing this game
It is perfectly balanced. Look at S.Korea v Germany. S.Korea was defending but they still won. There is beauty in both.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Shut this thread now.

Did you never see Italy play at the height of their glory?

All these people wey begin watch world cup in 2014 na wah for una o. :sneaky:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

If we defended yesterday against those 2 goals, we will not be talking about this today
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

Soccer demise is @ hand
The only GOAL in this boring match has nothing to do with football
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

football died when you called it soccer :taunt:
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

I shake my head
FIFA needs to DO something about defensive football. Urgent changes to game rules to compensate offensive and entertaining teams is necessary. Teams are defending all day...

that why creative players are needed

people who can dribble and have pace tp blow past these defenders
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

2drama wrote:
I shake my head

that why creative players are needed

people who can dribble and have pace tp blow past these defenders

Creative players are been turned to something of a defensive entity. Most teams are churning out side passers, destroyers, everyone has a defensive role
Football is dying
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

you are the one about to die
have u seen how many goals have been scored in the world cup already
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

When you used the word soccer I knew you was a novice try again!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Wheres your fancy kit gone
A laaa laaa la
A laaa laaa la!!!!!