I WILL START IDOWU AGAINST ARGENTINA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
I WILL START IDOWU AGAINST ARGENTINA

Post by vancity eagle »

Many people may not see this, but Idowu is actually a very good defender who wins many key tackles every game. Yes he is not great going forward but I would rather have a top notch defender who will disposses the Argies.

Although Ebuehi is much quicker and much better going forward, he is prone to mistakes at the back, and we cannot afford this against Argentina.

The penalty he gave away against Iceland was just rash and unnecessary.

Please watch our last few matches. Idowu makes a lot of tackles. We need this kind of player.

We will have enough options on the pitch to go forward. We can bring on Ebuehi if we need him later.
kali
Egg
Egg
Re: I WILL START IDOWU AGAINST ARGENTINA

Post by kali »

We need players with clean tackling and good positional sense. I would play John Ogu instead of Omeruo at the back and Idowu. I would play a compact defence that plays 5-3-2 with two dms sitting close to the back line .

I would man mark Messi using someone like Etebo.

I would position the two forwards for the counter-attack with iheanacho playing wide and Musa playing closer to the center.
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

Playing slow You over Omerou will be suicidal against Argentina.
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote:Many people may not see this, but Idowu is actually a very good defender who wins many key tackles every game. Yes he is not great going forward but I would rather have a top notch defender who will disposses the Argies.

Although Ebuehi is much quicker and much better going forward, he is prone to mistakes at the back, and we cannot afford this against Argentina.

Please watch our last few matches. Idowu makes a lot of tackles. We need this kind of player.

We will have enough options on the pitch to go forward. We can bring on Ebuehi if we need him later.
Hope you do realize that u can no longer be taken seriously when it comes to football. Bro... give us a break will ya. you know nothing. Btw, still waing for Morocco to beat Spain.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Dude, who ever blames Ebuehi for that penalty is a MORON. That was not even a foul not even to speak of penalty. OMG.
Did you people play this game at all?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Idowu is a good defender but a zero going forward. Ebuehi is a better defender and a hero going forward. The choice is easy. Let’s not overthink it.

In fact, in terms of defensive smarts, Leon and Ebuehi tower above the rest in my opinion.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Nothing to see here
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

vancity eagle wrote:Many people may not see this, but Idowu is actually a very good defender who wins many key tackles every game. Yes he is not great going forward but I would rather have a top notch defender who will disposses the Argies.

I suspect he will start as well with Ebuehi brought in if Rohr feels he needs to attack more. The goal on Tuesday is to avoid a loss, so i think Rohr will revert to a more defensive/counter attacking formation at least to start with.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

deanotito wrote:Idowu is a good defender but a zero going forward. Ebuehi is a better defender and a hero going forward. The choice is easy. Let’s not overthink it.

In fact, in terms of defensive smarts, Leon and Ebuehi tower above the rest in my opinion.
Not true. Idowu is a better defender. He understands his defensive responsibilities very well and knows when to move into the centre to cover for our central defenders. Ebuehi is much better as a wing back because he can link well with the attack and also recover well to defend. But he is still prone to mistakes in defence. And he sometimes appears weak in tackles.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Your utter lack of shame is astonishing. You posted this. Please say nothing further.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

theYemster wrote:Your utter lack of shame is astonishing. You posted this. Please say nothing further.
I wholeheartedly agreed with Dr. Damunk that questioned his sanity.
Only an insane person can spew these amount of venom. Sadly, some lazy journalists often come to cybereagles to plagiarize. But according to some of our moderators, as long as he shows contrition, all is fine. And we wonder why our society is morally regressing.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Ebuehi must start, Idowu can also start if Rohr can find space for him, but Ebuehi is the secret ingredient to the SE's attacking prowess. Shehu hugs the bench or reverts to his dm role since everyone is playing their preferred position.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I will play Ebuehi instead of Idowu.

No other changes needed.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

Why can't Idowu play on the left and bring Ebuehi as right wing back. It's not as if Moses has been ripping things up so far.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

It is evident that Argentina will want to play direct and conduct their flow through the middle.

We will need to stretch the pitch with wing play.

We need mobility and all men behind the ball when we lose it.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

kbt wrote:Why can't Idowu play on the left and bring Ebuehi as right wing back. It's not as if Moses has been ripping things up so far.
Moses created the first goal for Nigeria. He looked dangerous going forward. Also came back to defend. You want to bench him?

Rohr shouldn't make any changes. Maybe Ebuehi for Idowu. Ebuehi is the better player. He is better at going forward. He is the better defender. He is faster. His only weakness is experience. Maybe Ndidi can help him out more.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

ANC wrote:Dude, who ever blames Ebuehi for that penalty is a MORON. That was not even a foul not even to speak of penalty. OMG.
Did you people play this game at all?
Go and buy new glasses...........you are totally blind.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

kali wrote:We need players with clean tackling and good positional sense. I would play John Ogu instead of Omeruo at the back and Idowu. I would play a compact defence that plays 5-3-2 with two dms sitting close to the back line .

I would man mark Messi using someone like Etebo.

I would position the two forwards for the counter-attack with iheanacho playing wide and Musa playing closer to the center.

I would, I would I would... Thank God you guys are not the coach...
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

kbt wrote:Why can't Idowu play on the left and bring Ebuehi as right wing back. It's not as if Moses has been ripping things up so far.
Idowu belongs on the bench based on his performance against Iceland.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

I believe Rohr might start Idowu in the 1st half and then sub in Ebuehi in the 2nd half.

Also, lets not forget that Idowu was the 2nd player to score a goal against Argentina in the friendly, :laugh:
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Lolly wrote:
deanotito wrote:Idowu is a good defender but a zero going forward. Ebuehi is a better defender and a hero going forward. The choice is easy. Let’s not overthink it.

Not true. Idowu is a better defender. He understands his defensive responsibilities very well and knows when to move into the centre to cover for our central defenders. Ebuehi is much better as a wing back because he can link well with the attack and also recover well to defend. But he is still prone to mistakes in defence. And he sometimes appears weak in tackles.
:agree:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Some of you in this forum sha. .. I am happy none of you will ever get the chance to any of our national teams not even Under 5
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

zee wrote:
Idowu belongs on the bench based on his performance against Iceland.
Not if you want defensive rigidity.

Idowu actually covers a lot for his defensive partners. He also gets down for blocks. Against Argentina I think we need to be more solid (compact) defensively than the offensive output from our wingbacks.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!