Serbia chief accuses Fifa of 'brutal robbery'

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Serbia chief accuses Fifa of 'brutal robbery'

Post by marko »

World Cup 2018: Serbia chief accuses Fifa of 'brutal robbery' after Swiss defeat

By Richard Conway
BBC sports news correspondent
7 hours ago From the sectionWorld Cup
Share this page

World Cup 2018: Serbia 1-2 Switzerland highlights
The head of the Serbian Football Association has accused governing body Fifa of showing bias against his country at the World Cup in Russia.

Slavisa Kokeza says Serbia were victims of a "brutal robbery" during Friday's loss to Switzerland, accusing Fifa of "directing" officials to work against them.

"We will send a protest to Fifa today," Kokeza told the BBC on Saturday.

A Fifa spokesman confirmed a letter of protest had been received but that no further comment would be made.

Kokeza was unhappy a German referee had been appointed for a game involving Switzerland, claiming the move influenced some decisions, most notably the failure of the match official and video assistant referee (VAR) to award a penalty when Aleksandar Mitrovic was wrestled to the ground by two Swiss players.

'That's outrageous' - How is this not a penalty?
Shaqiri scores 90th-minute winner for Swiss
'Double eagle' celebration provokes Serbs
"I do not think this is only about VAR, but that the whole thing was directed by the people who appoint referees," Kokeza said.

"We all know too well that more than half of Switzerland's population is German.

"Technical staff, players, people in Serbia, they are all disappointed and frustrated because of injustice some people at Fifa came up with."

Asked how he wanted Fifa to respond, he replied: "It is clear to Europe and the world that Serbia was brutally robbed. I do not expect Fifa to take action in order for this brutal robbery not to happen again, because, I repeat, it was all directed."

Kokeza also criticised the 'double eagle' celebration given by Switzerland's two ethnic Albanian goalscorers during Friday's match, describing the actions as "scandalous and shameful".

Granit Xhaka
Granit Xhaka of Arsenal made the Albanian nationalist gesture after scoring Switzerland's first goal
Granit Xhaka and Xherdan Shaqiri made the gesture, which is a nationalist symbol representing the double-headed eagle on Albania's national flag.

Both players' families are from Kosovo, where a Serbian crackdown on the Albanian population only ended with Nato military intervention in 1999.

Shaqiri also wears boots displaying the Swiss flag on one heel and the Kosovan flag on the other.

"It deserves to be condemned by the whole football world," Kokeza added. "It was not the only provocation by the Swiss players. One sufficient detail was the football boots of one of their players - the boots had a flag of a non-existing country displayed on them.

"We expect Fifa to impose sanctions against the players who acted against rules of Fifa and fair play, as well as against the national association of the country they play for."

Fifa confirmed on Saturday that disciplinary proceedings had been opened against Xhaka and Shaqiri, as well as the Serbian FA for the conduct of their fans, and Serbia head coach Mladen Krstajic for alleged statements made in the aftermath.
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Serbia chief accuses Fifa of 'brutal robbery'

Post by marko »

Why wait after the game to complain about the German referee, this was something they should have done before the game
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Very dodgy to appoint a swiss ref for this match. They should have chosen a crew from another continent.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

I SAW THAT WRESTLE DOWN THAT THEY ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT: BELIEVE ME...

...it was worse than the one Ekong earned Nigeria a justified PK for in that here TWO Swiss players were doing the mauling. And they NEVER let go.
Bell
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Bell wrote:I SAW THAT WRESTLE DOWN THAT THEY ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT: BELIEVE ME...

...it was worse than the one Ekong earned Nigeria a justified PK for in that here TWO Swiss players were doing the mauling. And they NEVER let go.
Bell

PURE pk!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

A corrupt organisation will always be arrogantly corrupt. If that rugby take down was not a foul and penalty ,then every penalty awarded so far and every useless selective VAR decision should repealed and the inept VAR team all sent home. These clowns should stop deceiving first themselves and secondly fans with so called trying to sanitise the game,what they have done is to add another layer of controversy which continues to aid and abet their dodginess.

Why appoint a German referee in this kind of a match, you do not have to a sharp sense of smell to sniff the trouble.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

charlie wrote:Very dodgy to appoint a swiss ref for this match. They should have chosen a crew from another continent.
:agree: :agree: :agree:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bell wrote:I SAW THAT WRESTLE DOWN THAT THEY ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT: BELIEVE ME...

Bell
I suspected or knew the VAR will be manipulated or subjected to human BIASNESS from day one, now it seems such is already happening which is too bad
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Still shouldn't have prevented them from stopping Xhaka and Shaqiri though.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Hence why I'm nervous about our next game against. Argentina. A dodgy freekick or even penalty deep in the second half is all it might take for FIFA to push The Argies to the round of 16 after all, Messi will bring in more money than Musa!
Last edited by Ekorian on Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Bell
Are we even sure that the VAR system is working as it suppose to be or is just a distraction...? If not, how earth did they allow Mexico to score their second goal when there was obvious foul against their opponent from where the ball was taken to their net?
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

tfco wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:

This incident was worse, and Nigeria foul was called immediately. Oyibo will always cheat, just hope the NFF has started planning to use to there advantage the VAR Incase they smell foul play.

Argentina is also planning three foul plays
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

oloye wrote:A corrupt organisation will always be arrogantly corrupt. If that rugby take down was not a foul and penalty ,then every penalty awarded so far and every useless selective VAR decision should repealed and the inept VAR team all sent home. These clowns should stop deceiving first themselves and secondly fans with so called trying to sanitise the game,what they have done is to add another layer of controversy which continues to aid and abet their dodginess.

Why appoint a German referee in this kind of a match,
you do not have to a sharp sense of smell to sniff the trouble.
Dean, Kpomest........................Germany, Austria and half of Swiss na one people and one country to me.
I was like, they should have handed the whistle to the Swiss football federation President :D ..................bloody crooks these FIFA clowns :curse:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Ekorian wrote:Hence why I'm nervous about our next game against. Argentina. A dodgy freekick or even penalty deep in the second half is all it might take for FIFA to push The Argies to the round of 16 after all, Messi will bring in more money than Musa!
True talk :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

tfco wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:
That ish was crazy, Ekong was an angel compared to these guys
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

marko wrote:World Cup 2018: Serbia chief accuses Fifa of 'brutal robbery' after Swiss defeat

By Richard Conway
BBC sports news correspondent
7 hours ago From the sectionWorld Cup