Iceland's coach had this to say on our formation

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg
Iceland's coach had this to say on our formation

Post by proclaimjesus02 »

“Where we met Mikel was contrary to our preparation and all our attempts to change did not work.
He was all over the place both back and front. I commend him and the entire Nigerian team.
They were better.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/06/ ... and-coach/
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Iceland's coach had this to say on our formation

Post by Lolly »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I don't know why we are so effective in a 3-5-2 formation, yet didn't deploy it against Croatia in the entire game. What then were the reasons for all the friendly matches played in preparation for the tournament?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

Nigerians should stop listening to what other people are saying or worrying about what they are thinking, and stay focused on their own vision and strategy.

Iceland can still qualify, but they need Nigeria to lose, so anything coming out of the mouth of the Iceland head coach get as e be. He is thinking about how to qualify.
There'll be time enough for counting, when the dealing's done..

https://voca.ro/1dk47QJEvGY2
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

As was said...
Coach wrote:As one of Obiesta’s biggest critics when green on the greenery, his display yesterday, cautiously colossal, deceptively dominant, exercised excellence in those unspoken arts, was a joy to behold. This wasn't an aged, ring rusty, made in China copycat version of a Lynn Oslo leviathan working wonders in the trequartista, it was a young old man embracing age and all its wisdom and vintage.

Far removed from the Okocha-induced mirage of marauding trickery, this was Obi old and omnipotent. At long last, Nigeria was acceptant and the invitation, duly accepted. Obi was akin to the old Dad playing try and get the ball in the garden at a family barbecue, with a thousand little legs buzzing about him like bees to the honey pot. None able to unscrew the lid. This was the Obi many had pined for, withdrawn, deep-lying, the game ahead of him and yet ahead of the game in thought and execution. Pass completion has been higher, but seldom has one seen Obi, green and full of beans in the dying embers. Gentle John enjoyed the freedom of a niche he knows too well and one for which his square slots perfectly into the four-sided aperture.

It has been a long time coming, but alas, when the watching nation needed it so dearly. It came.
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

Odas wrote:I don't know why we are so effective in a 3-5-2 formation, yet didn't deploy it against Croatia in the entire game. What then were the reasons for all the friendly matches played in preparation for the tournament?
You know, as the tournament goes on, other teams learn how to neutralize your key threats. You need to bring them out at the appropriate time.

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

sinequanon wrote:
Odas wrote:I don't know why we are so effective in a 3-5-2 formation, yet didn't deploy it against Croatia in the entire game. What then were the reasons for all the friendly matches played in preparation for the tournament?
You know, as the tournament goes on, other teams learn how to neutralize your key threats. You need to bring them out at the appropriate time.
Yes indeed but we can never revert to Mikel playing in a advanced role ever again!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Mikel is a defensive midfielder, he can dictate the game better from deep than the advanced role
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

marko wrote:Mikel is a defensive midfielder, he can dictate the game better from deep than the advanced role
:agree: But this has been the case for the last 10 years and many thought he was the new Jay Jay!
sinequanon
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by sinequanon »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
marko wrote:Mikel is a defensive midfielder, he can dictate the game better from deep than the advanced role
:agree: But this has been the case for the last 10 years and many thought he was the new Jay Jay!
:wink:

But maybe the Icelandic head coach has reason to want him to play an "advanced role" against Argentina, and why he made his divisive comment, wrapped up as flattery.

Nigeria should ignore all the comments, and "leaked" :wink: "plans", and stay focused on their own plans.

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

One can always count on the dumbest commentary on CE. I am scratching my head wondering how the Icelandic coach saying Mikel was very good, which he was, would help Iceland qualify for the second round. You closet Mikel haters should just come out and say you didn’t think Mikel played well rather than insinuate it :!:

Cheers.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:One can always count on the dumbest commentary on CE. I am scratching my head wondering how the Icelandic coach saying Mikel was very good, which he was, would help Iceland qualify for the second round. You closet Mikel haters should just come out and say you didn’t think Mikel played well rather than insinuate it :!:

Cheers.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=289320&p=5269969&hi ... l#p5269969

Yes everyone knows he played better in a deeper position except you a former advocate of Mikel being an AM,remember you got salty because I stated my opinion on the fact he was playing out of position and thus inaffective,People like you are a virus amoungst Africans,you always want to look Holier than thou http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/holier-than-thou ,I need to call out BS when it drops and starts to stink!
Cheers!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

No, he's not. Ndidi is a defensive midfielder. Mikel is a deep lying playmaker / central midfielder.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

marutimon wrote:
No, he's not. Ndidi is a defensive midfielder. Mikel is a deep lying playmaker / central midfielder.
Agreed he can start an attack from a better position than he can assist of create chances!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
I always said from day one that he is the second coming of Sunday Oliseh.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

cchinukw wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
With 10 times more skills.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

zee wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
With 10 times more skills.
Yes but Oliseh scored a World Cup goal,they are different and both won an AFCON and represented Nigeria at major tournaments!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:One can always count on the dumbest commentary on CE. I am scratching my head wondering how the Icelandic coach saying Mikel was very good, which he was, would help Iceland qualify for the second round. You closet Mikel haters should just come out and say you didn’t think Mikel played well rather than insinuate it :!:

Cheers.

Yes everyone knows he played better in a deeper position except you a former advocate of Mikel being an AM,remember you got salty because I stated my opinion on the fact he was playing out of position and thus inaffective,People like you are a virus amoungst Africans,you always want to look Holier than thou http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/holier-than-thou ,I need to call out BS when it drops and starts to stink!
Cheers!
Wow. I’m very doubtful that I will ever read anything this stupid so, I’ll make the most of it. When we were beating arguably better teams in the qualifiers, what position did Mikel play? At the Olympics where Nigeria put up a more than credible performance and Mikel was adjudged one of the best players at the tournament, what position did he play? Indeed, how often has Mikel played defensive midfield for Nigeria? Those were rhetorical questions. We already know the answers. Therefore, claiming that Mikel was played out of position is demoralizingly retarded. Moreover, it is a strong sign of how easily ignorant people like you can be brainwashed. So, because an oyibo coach selfishly decided to employ Mikel out of position at DM just to satisfy his team’s needs, you think that’s where he was born to play? I’ll readily concede that Mikel is our best defensive midfielder but that by no means implies that it’s his best position. Only a fool like you would think that :!:

Cheers.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:

Cheers.

Cheers!
Wow. I’m very doubtful that I will ever read anything this stupid so, I’ll make the most of it. When we were beating arguably better teams in the qualifiers, what position did Mikel play? At the Olympics where Nigeria put up a more than credible performance and Mikel was adjudged one of the best players at the tournament, what position did he play? Indeed, how often has Mikel played defensive midfield for Nigeria? Those were rhetorical questions. We already know the answers. Therefore, claiming that Mikel was played out of position is demoralizingly retarded. Moreover, it is a strong sign of how easily ignorant people like you can be brainwashed. So, because an oyibo coach selfishly decided to employ Mikel out of position at DM just to satisfy his team’s needs, you think that’s where he was born to play? I’ll readily concede that Mikel is our best defensive midfielder but that by no means implies that it’s his best position. Only a fool like you would think that :!:

Cheers.
The problem with you is that you assume that everyone is below you,you have too many flaws so anyone below you will obviously be a special type of individual that will fall for your aggressive internet rants but I’m sorry you’re just too simple for me!
You refer to the Olympics and the teams in the qualifiers that underestimated Nigeria and payed for their pathetic assumptions just like you will!
And oh yeah Cheers,Frosties they’re greeeeaat!