Argentina : players stage coup Sampaoli coup. To choose team

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Argentina : players stage coup Sampaoli coup. To choose team

Post by AreaDaddy »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... archy.html

https://www.news.com.au/sport/football/ ... 11bd0d4650

Reports are rife that player discontent have seen Sampaoli sidelined for our match. A lot of media have picked up the story but there have been no official confirmation, although if it is true I am not sure if they would confirm it especially if Sampaoli remains nominally in charge.

If true it is hard to say if it is a good thing or not? It could be a sign of chaos and morale OR it could unleash a team freed from an incompetent manager....We are living in interesting times.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Argentina : players stage coup Sampaoli coup. To choose

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

Let confusion continue to be upon cheaters in Jesus name, Amen! Cheaters must fail.
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

If players pick the team, who will make the substitutions? Messi?
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

AreaDaddy wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... archy.html

https://www.news.com.au/sport/football/ ... 11bd0d4650

Reports are rife that player discontent have seen Sampaoli sidelined for our match. A lot of media have picked up the story but there have been no official confirmation, although if it is true I am not sure if they would confirm it especially if Sampaoli remains nominally in charge.

If true it is hard to say if it is a good thing or not? It could be a sign of chaos and morale OR it could unleash a team freed from an incompetent manager....We are living in interesting times.
Did you notice that in that Daily Mail article, not once did they mention Nigeria with the possibility of qualifying. Either Argwntina win or Iceland qualify. They have written us off. We already know how Macherano thinks. They will all meet the game of their lives. We will apply similar punishment to them like we did Iceland, who chased the ball so much in the first half, they were leg heavy even before half time. This time, by His grace, we shall add goals to that effort. Then let us see how the players will change things.

I am quietly optimistic
To stop trying is to start dying
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Dailymail is a typical UK tabloid, yes it does not help that we have never beaten Argentina in the world cup, its good for Nigeria to be the underdog, yes Argentine will throw men and what not but the good thing is its a round leather and both teams get an equal chance

In the likely event that the game goes Argentina way, i will prefer Iceland to go through than Argentina

Having said this, i will expect Nigeria to show up and get a result
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Look if you'd ask the Argentines whether they'd fancy themselves in a one off game with Nigeria to qualify of course they'd like their chances. Bottom line is that there's no better time to play Messi and Argentina, they look a right mess. I hope they play Wily Wily in goal and we don't sleep walk through the first half...we have a good chance.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Success! It has a lot of friends and relatives. Now, there is chaos in general in the Argentina's camp because they are not doing well and in ours, there is peace. All those who wanted coach Rohr FIRED has been silenced or has disappeared for now.

Hmm, na wa-ooo! :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

And the argentines might be selling this to make Nigeria feel confident, we should just ignore all the crap we hear, On Tuesday, that man will still be coach irrespective of what anyone says, if i dont see him in the dug out then yes, i will believe this story, so far its just propaganda

Marko
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Anything they want to say or do before the match they can... it is their right to be confused, to change coach, for players to make selection, for Messi to even be the coach, or for Maradona to come to the dug out, or for the tabloid to sell fake story... All I know is that our boys are fired up and ready to take on the Argentines... NO PRISONER!
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

airwolex wrote:Look if you'd ask the Argentines whether they'd fancy themselves in a one off game with Nigeria to qualify of course they'd like their chances. Bottom line is that there's no better time to play Messi and Argentina, they look a right mess. I hope they play Wily Wily in goal and we don't sleep walk through the first half...we have a good chance.
It doesn't matter who they play in goal. Ironically, Willy had a good season with chelsea and about to extend his contract for 1 year and still he's obviously prone to mistakes. Every goalie has strengths and weaknesses