VAR Cheated Korea against Mexico

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet
VAR Cheated Korea against Mexico

Post by Vindave »

I watched Korea v Mexico yesterday and I was disturbed when I saw that both the central referee and VAR system CLOSED their eyes against the foul on the Korea player that was with the ball before the Mexicans muzzled it away to score their second goal through Chicharito (Hannedes).

My question, is VAR system working as it suppose to be or is just a distraction...?

Is the VAR meant to favour some countries at the world cup?

Is VAR meant to help FIFA get more goals to advertise the WC more?

I don't see any reason how on earth VAR and the Referees allow Mexico to score that second goal,without awarding a foul against them. IS IT ALL ABOUT THE GOAL?
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: VAR Cheated Korea against Mexico

Post by Vindave »

I know many more issues will come up against this system, and I doubt if Clubs FAs will adopt it at all....
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Even before VAR some teams were better at pressurising referees for favourable decisions than others and with VAR I am seeing that some teams are better at pushing for VAR decisions than others.

There is still in built bias in the referees but pushing for VAR decisions is an important team tactic and even self should be practiced alingside penalties, freekicks etc.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

AreaDaddy wrote:Even before VAR some teams were better at pressurising referees for favourable decisions than others and with VAR I am seeing that some teams are better at pushing for VAR decisions than others.

There is still in built bias in the referees but pushing for VAR decisions is an important team tactic and even self should be practiced alingside penalties, freekicks etc.
The thing tire me o. It means fairness is obviously not fair in all cases.... I pray VAR is done to favour us on Tuesday.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Well after Matuidi was allowed to snap Onazi’s leg and Giroud elbowed Mikel in the face all under the watchful eye of a FIFA licensed referee I just have no faith in them and their motives,it’s clear that UEFA teams, Brazil and Argentina are more likely to get favourable decisions their way over the others!
Even Iceland’s penalty probably wouldn’t have been given the other way!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Any man made system is subject to frailities and failure..as the scripture testifies woe is he who places his trust in man. For me the question is why should referees the same dumb and inept referees be the one to decide when to consult VAR?

Like every laws of man, they leave a room so that they can manipulate it at their own convenience. The VAR died in this world cup.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Vindave wrote:I watched Korea v Mexico yesterday and I was disturbed when I saw that both the central referee and VAR system CLOSED their eyes against the foul on the Korea player that was with the ball before the Mexicans muzzled it away to score their second goal through Chicharito (Hannedes).

My question, is VAR system working as it suppose to be or is just a distraction...?

I don't see any reason how on earth VAR and the Referees allow Mexico to score that second goal,without awarding a foul against them. IS IT ALL ABOUT THE GOAL?
you need to read the rules surrounding when VAR is used. Although there are some vague aspects of the rules, it is well spelt out.
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Vindave wrote:
AreaDaddy wrote:Even before VAR some teams were better at pressurising referees for favourable decisions than others and with VAR I am seeing that some teams are better at pushing for VAR decisions than others.

The thing tire me o. It means fairness is obviously not fair in all cases.... I pray VAR is done to favour us on Tuesday.
Shows you how smaller countries are being cheated.
The penalty not called for Sweden against Germany was clear-cut penalty and more so than this one; and it was not even VAR reviewed.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

VAR is not the issue. It is an improvement, but human bias was there before VAR and it is still there.

There is still lots of work to do to bring real parity and fairness to football.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

Vindave wrote:I watched Korea v Mexico yesterday and I was disturbed when I saw that both the central referee and VAR system CLOSED their eyes against the foul on the Korea player that was with the ball before the Mexicans muzzled it away to score their second goal through Chicharito (Hannedes).

Yes, I was surprised that a clear foul was not called against Mexico. Had it been called who knows what the outcome of the game would have been? I still think the VAR system is a good first step but reviews should be done consistently for all teams especially if a foul like that leads to a goal. South Korea was robbed.
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Maybe you first need to read the exact purpose of VAR? VAR wasn't implemented to fix these types of calls in the center of the pitch.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_assistant_referee
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

bepanda wrote:Maybe you first need to read the exact purpose of VAR? VAR wasn't implemented to fix these types of calls in the center of the pitch.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_assistant_referee

VAR Procedure:

There are 4 types of calls that can be reviewed.[2]

1. Goals and whether there was a violation during the buildup

2. Penalty decisions

3. Direct red card decisions (second yellow cards are not reviewable)

4. Mistaken identity in awarding a red or yellow card

From the VAR procedure, it is clear that a call full foul play against the Koreans should have been made. Because towards the build up of that goal, an infringement was made against Korea by Mexico. RULES ARE RULES and USA BE RESPECTED. This is one of the reasons why LAWYERS job is very interesting. ... One can easily interpret this to his advantage as I have not seen any portion in the rule that state the position of the field where infringement will be restricted or limited to... For now it covers every part of the field.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
fishward6
Egg
Egg

Post by fishward6 »

Var is Var do not rely on ref for victory u score 2 Goals Musa style and forget Vars