ABEG emergency meeting - Crisis Averted

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: ABEG emergency meeting.

Post by cic old boy »

marko wrote:
As far as i am concerned, that game is 50/50, remember Belgium are underachievers as well, remind me who knocked them out at the last Euro championships? Wales! Who wouldnhave thought
Remind me who knocked England out of the Euros? Iceland!
http://www.naijiant.com/
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

cic old boy wrote:
marko wrote:
As far as i am concerned, that game is 50/50, remember Belgium are underachievers as well, remind me who knocked them out at the last Euro championships? Wales! Who wouldnhave thought
Exactly what i mean, 50/50 game
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

Why do people hate the England team so much? I know the tabloids and pundits have big mouths, but let's be frank, they're no different to Nigerian fans supporting their team.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Oba wrote:Why do people hate the England team so much? I know the tabloids and pundits have big mouths, but let's be frank, they're no different to Nigerian fans supporting their team.
KPOM! We are almost the same.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Oba wrote:Why do people hate the England team so much? I know the tabloids and pundits have big mouths, but let's be frank, they're no different to Nigerian fans supporting their team.

1. #Windrush
2. Media and pundits
3. Colonial era
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

cic old boy wrote:
marko wrote:
That was 2 years ago na.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

ohenhen1 wrote:

1. #Windrush
2. Media and pundits
3. Colonial era
Windrush - the vast majority of Britons were appalled by it, and it cost the Home Secretary her job.
Media and pundits - they are loud and irritating, yes. Nigerian fans are as loud and arrogant. It's all part of being a fan, and having belief in your team.
Colonial era - no one alive today was responsible for colonialism. This English team is diverse, with a large contingent of black and mixed race players that represent the effective integration of their ancestors and them into the fabric of modern Britain.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote:

1. #Windrush
2. Media and pundits
3. Colonial era
hehe. bro, why respond to her Majesty, the Queen's secret servants? These people are descendants of the animals who murdered and enslaved our ancestors. And today, they are treating some black British citizens like crap. And I am supposed to support such people? :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Oba wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

1. #Windrush
2. Media and pundits
3. Colonial era
Windrush - the vast majority of Britons were appalled by it, and it cost the Home Secretary her job.
Media and pundits - they are loud and irritating, yes. Nigerian fans are as loud and arrogant. It's all part of being a fan, and having belief in your team.
Colonial era - no one alive today was responsible for colonialism. This English team is diverse, with a large contingent of black and mixed race players that represent the effective integration of their ancestors and them into the fabric of modern Britain.
Dude, you can serve your masters if you want! Na by force??? We will not join you.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

So England beat Tunisia and Panama they are already world beaters? This team is coming home as soon as they meet a good side. I just hope they beat them before Harry Kane rakes up 10 penalties to become the highest world cup scorer.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

England for the quarters is a good bet.
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

ohenhen1 wrote:

1. #Windrush
2. Media and pundits
3. Colonial era
Lol, so na because of colonial era, you want England to lose soccer match?

I sometimes root against US in soccer but it's simply because of the silly pundits that run their mouth too much and also because US has not invested enough in soccer, so they should not be over-rewarded.

But in games like basketball, I always root for the US...
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Seriously though, this world cup is springing up surprises, England might not be pleasing on the eye but they have a credible goal threat, whats scary is not playing well and winning like this, yes its Panama but the confidence 6 goals brings is immense
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Stop mixing politics with our football oo - most of the guys in the English team are likeable guys except for a few. Besides, if you are Afro-centric we have a Dele playing for England and we have a Rashidi (Rashford) whose ancestors were taken from Ibadan to West Indies before moving to England... Lingard dey, Ashley Cole, breda Welbeck dey, another Ibadan boy Raimi (Sterling) dey, Danny Rose & Delph plus including Alexander-Arnold :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Coach wrote:England for the quarters is a good bet.
May be against Yokohama or Senegambians. Not a safe bet against Falcao, Rodriguez and Cuadrado.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ekorian wrote:
Coach wrote:England for the quarters is a good bet.
May be against Yokohama or Senegambians. Not a safe bet against Falcao, Rodriguez and Cuadrado.
I hope they meet Colombia in the 2nd round.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

For all the criticism English announcers heap on other teams, they play hot garbage. Even the US is more humble about basketball despite holding the sport in a headlock. The level of condescension and ITK is beyond annoying. After decades of disturbing the planet with noise, hooligans, and a disrespectful press, they remain trash.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I do not appreciate some of you questioning the foundations of this great movement. Several of our most respected members (and poorly regarded aka hitman) have done too much work over the years for you guys to start to suggest the reasons are invalid.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Colombia/Senegal/Japan will knock those chumps out.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Oba and YemiBiafra:

ABEG!!!!!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

There is really no explanation for those of you who wonder why many of us derive pleasure in watching England lose. It just goes to show many of you don’t understand football traditions – a bit like the person that castigated Nigerian fans for booing Dele Alli.

If you don’t understand why we don’t like England, maybe you really don’t understand football and the passions involved. You should follow cricket or something instead.

Go and ask the Scots, the Irish and the Welsh, who understand the English more than you do, why they love it when England lose. Ask the Scots why Diego Maradona is treated like a hero there, why during WCs there are Argentina flags in many Glasgow pubs.

Bill Shankly once said that football is more important than life and death. I wouldn’t go that far, but the joy I get from an England loss is more than the joy I derive from a Nigeria win. If I have to boil this down to a simple explanation, I would say it stems from English arrogance and hubris. There is nothing I love more than overinflated egos getting their comeuppance.

It was never like this b/4. I was a bit indifferent towards England until I started living in the country. Then you see their misguided sense of superiority, their media overhyping very average players, claiming everything about them is the best in the world, their dismissal of opponents, etc. When England were about to play Germany in 2010, Shearer said that no German could make the English first team on paper. When they got whacked 4-1, someone told him football was played on grass not on paper.

England have a knack of comparing their average players with genuine greats. They compared Kevin Keegan with Cruyff, compared Lineker with Van Basten, compared Lampard with Kaka, compared Shearer with the real Ronaldo, and Rooney was the “White Pele”. During a friendly against Brazil, when Shearer kicked Big Ron, commentator Martin Tyler said: “Shearer tries to settle the argument over who is the better striker personally”. Today, they keep trying to force down our throats that Harry Kane belongs in the same level as Messi and Cristiano. If they can’t claim to be the best, they claim credit for it. So Thierry Henry is: “born in France but made in England”.

Then you see how the likes of Alan Sugar likened the Senegal team to poor Africans selling fake designer handbags in Marbella and you wish Senegal would shove it down their throats by knocking England out.

On top of all that, the “blame the black guy” syndrome has never really gone away. From John Barnes to Raheem Sterling, the media would always try to pin England’s failures on their black players. You dare not make a mistake if you are black and playing for England. Not too long ago, England had an unwritten quota of one black player per team. They also chose not make Sol Campbell captain for obvious reasons. When Barnes scored a wonder goal in a 2-1 defeat over Brazil at the Maracana, on the flight back home, some fans told him that for them the result was 1-1 as the goal was scored by a black player. Not too long ago, those fans used to chant “no black in the Union Jack”. They still sing “Britannia rules the waves”. When Britannia ruled the waves was when they went round the world slaughtering many like you and me.

When Linford Christie won an Olympic gold medal and covered himself in the Union Jack, one guy said if only he knew that it was under that banner that his ancestors were taken from Africa to the Caribbean as slaves.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

bret- hart wrote:Colombia/Senegal/Japan will knock those chumps out.
Watching the Senegal defence/goalie yesterday, I was hoping for Colombia to qualify at their expense b/c I think Colombia has a better chance of knocking out England. I doubt if Japan could do the job. I think they will go into the match with an inferiority complex. The WE syndrome is bigger in Japan than in Africa.
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

cic old boy wrote:
bret- hart wrote:Colombia/Senegal/Japan will knock those chumps out.
Watching the Senegal defence/goalie yesterday, I was hoping for Colombia to qualify at their expense b/c I think Colombia has a better chance of knocking out England. I doubt if Japan could do the job. I think they will go into the match with an inferiority complex. The WE syndrome is bigger in Japan than in Africa.

I agree with this. I think Japan will fold against England.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."