Japan (2) vs Senegal (2) Match Thread FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Japan (2) vs Senegal (2) Match Thread 2H

Post by txj »

zee wrote:
Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:Kai. 2 pts dropped by Senegal. No yawa. We go manage am.
Cisse never used his assets properly in this game; all game...Never been impressed by him. Hopefully it works for them.

Game vs Colombia may be their hardest yet...
I guess you should can that response and trot it out whenever he doesn't win? :sad: :???:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Txj is the King of monday morning quarterbacking :mrgreen:

Been saying it here on CE since AFCON...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Japan (2) vs Senegal (2) Match Thread FT

Post by txj »

vancity eagle wrote:Nigeria is FAR BETTER than this Senegal team by the way.

Cisse is not bringing this team anywhere close to their potential.

Atrocious defending as well.

Better organized without the ball. But both are not efficient at using their advantages...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

vancity eagle wrote:this Cisse is a dumb coach.

YOu have a goalkeeper playing for SPAL in Serie A

You have a goalkeeper playing for Rennes in Ligue 1

and in 2 matches you start a short goalkeeper who plies his trade in GUINEA :boo:

Is Cisse acting as this goalkeepers agent ?

Dumb dumb dumb.

Would any of those other 2 keepers made such a stupid mistake for that second Japan goal ?
Silly dumbo :D ......you think that Cisse will pick a 35 yr :woot: old keeper 'cos he wants to be his agent?
You love flaunting your idiocy and seems to enjoy the pain and humiliation that comes with it.................are you perhaps a masochist? :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Japan (1) vs Senegal (1) Match Thread 2H

Post by zee »

Tbite wrote:
zee wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:Statistically this match looks good for a draw.
When you analyze the statistics going into this match it wasn't surprising it ended in a draw. Senegal hasn't lost a match Mane has scored in while Japan hasn't won a match they had fallen behind on.
Gambler :D :thumbs: .........That is a solid PUNTER's analysis. Old boy, how did you win? :mrgreen:
I placed a small bet on both teams scoring.

The larger bet was on Senegal to win not to nil, had a decent cash out offer around the 70th minute, almost took it, but it felt like a cowardly approach. No return, after Honda did the business.

Honda the devour of dreams.
We punters have a little problem called...........................greed. :D
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Japan (1) vs Senegal (2) Match Thread 2H

Post by ohsee »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:
Odas wrote:Mehnnnn! What kind of thing is this? All kinds of error by our people.
No be coincidence. That is why I said that our footballers should be required to sit for written football exams to evaluate their understanding of football fundamentals.

4 Senegalese players and the keeper against 2 Japanese players!!
Chief, some of the Senegalese are French born and raised o. Naing, Sane, Koulibaly, et Sabaly par exemple.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

txj wrote:Tell me why its taken 85mins to bring off Niang?
I agree. Completely brainless player; Sarr the same, Sarr just runs and runs. Sarr can be forgiven, he is only 20 and his brain is still developing.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Pa Ohsee,

No exclusion based on being born in France or Panama.
-Simpli fy -
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Because he was injured !!!He would still be playing, if he wasn't injured.
Many of our players like to rely too much on their physical attributes. Niang underperformed.
ohsee wrote:
txj wrote:Tell me why its taken 85mins to bring off Niang?
I agree. Completely brainless player; Sarr the same, Sarr just runs and runs. Sarr can be forgiven, he is only 20 and his brain is still developing.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:Pa Ohsee,

Ah. So you are saying that their dumbness is genetic? Don't they teach football fundamentals in French academies?
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

ohsee wrote:

Ah. So you are saying that their dumbness is genetic? Don't they teach football fundamentals in French academies?
He be like say you get small time today. First you have to teach IT, then students have to learn IT. But unfortunately, whether na France, Panama, US, Nigeria, or Senegal, not everybody wey dey for class go learn.
-Simpli fy -
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

That error for the second goal looks set to cost Senegal progression to the knockout phase. I don't see Senegal getting a result against Colombia.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:
ohsee wrote:

He be like say you get small time today. First you have to teach IT, then students have to learn IT. But unfortunately, whether na France, Panama, US, Nigeria, or Senegal, not everybody wey dey for class go learn.
You are daft and dumb mixed together.. you for send bill Gates to play ball if nah book or talent person need.. a big belle round ke legged 4 years no energy looking out of shape tv watcher...sits in front of his TV and call footballers unintelligent. . It is easier said than done while sitting under AC.. abeg shut it..show us your intelligence. .can't stand loud mouths like this
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Columbia look like a decent side
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Senegal should be very worried. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are heading home ....
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

anikulapo wrote:Senegal should be very worried. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are heading home ....
Colombia can be a bit inconsistent. Besides they like to play an open game and all these things will help Senegal
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

YUJAM wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Senegal should be very worried. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are heading home ....
Colombia cabin be a bit inconsistent. Besides they like to play an open game and all these things will help Senegal
Colombia have the quality to punish the plethora of errors Senegal made at the back. Taking the sentiment of backing the West African team out of it, I'd bet on Colombia.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I worry for Senegal seriously. I have watched them a few times and have only been impressed with their first half v Poland when they were very disciplined defensively. They have a load of talent but just do not have it all together, IMHO. Colombia will be a huge challenge. Man for man, Senegal can compete with them but it is simply going to be an issue when Colombia attacks.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I don't get why Aliu Cisse wont start Keita Balde. Makes no sense.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I don't get why Aliu Cisse wont start Keita Balde. Makes no sense.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

So there are no descent Senegalese boys playing goalie in France? That goalie was clueless. Huge chance missed by Senegal.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Why is he playing this bondowe keeper when they have good goalies on the bench?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Also wondering why Keita Balde isn't playing at all.

Sane is doing too much and failing most of the time. The problem with African teams is our coaches.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

To be fair Senegal mostly defended well in the first half. But Japan were superbly conditioned - they overran Senegal in the second half, when the Senegalese were making mistakes.

They did the same vs Colombia.

I doubt Colombia can keep up anything close to the same pace vs Senegal in the second half.

I did however notice how poorly the goalkeeper communicates with his defenders. They need to start playing the SPAL goalkeeper.