Is Etebo selfish, or a poor decision maker?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Is Etebo selfish, or a poor decision maker?

Post by wiseone »

Etebo was actually an indirect catalyst for the first goal. After Nigeria spent the first 45 minutes faffing about with sideways passes, as soon as the 2nd half started he made a driving run down the middle and took a shot instead of passing to the open Moses who was free on the right wing. Moses gave him an ear bashing for not passing. The next time Nigeria attacked 2 minutes later, they immediately got the ball wide to Moses (doubtless remembering what happened when Etebo failed to pass to him) and this time Moses crossed and set up Musa for the first goal.
K wrote:On at least two possessions in the 2nd half against Iceland, Etebo went for a shot when better-placed players could have received a pass. We can ill afford such waste from an offensive midfielder against the likes of Argentina or France
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ete bobo was the first player to register a shot on target. Heck, he was the first to shoot. Abeg make una forgive him
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Riche007 wrote:
K wrote:On at least two possessions in the 2nd half against Iceland, Etebo went for a shot when better-placed players could have received a pass. We can ill afford such waste from an offensive midfielder against the likes of Argentina or France
I am speculating that the coach gave him that liberty to shoot at sight. Just needs to improve his decision making.
I don't understand this poor decision making you guys keep bringing up. What's the difference between the Ndidi shot that the Iceland goalie pushed above the bar and the Ndidi shots except that Ndidi's shot was on target? Both players took open shots that were available to them. I had no problem with either of Etebo's attempts because if he had connected well on the first attempt, it would have been our first goal.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.