Poland 0 Vs Colombia 3....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Poland 0 Vs Colombia 3....

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:Maybe the most complete performance I've seen in the WC so far...

Hopefully I'm proven wrong, but I expect Colombia to beat Senegal
Na yam?

We (West Africans) typically play up or down the level of competition.

Senegal matches up with Colombia... Senegal can neutralize what Colombia does well.

Hopefully u are right; but I doubt it...

They have the guile to outwit Senegal...Niang or Gueye RC...
Last edited by txj on Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Its a Goal wrote:Fantastic showcase for football. Well done Colombia.

My preference for the last day will be for Poland to beat Japan and both Senegal and Colombia play out a draw.
That is exactly what will happen. Poland always plays best after they have been eliminated. :lol:

Wha choo looking at?!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Colombia oozes class. Tier 1 South American side. Great generation. Everything it takes for a deep run.

They just have to prove it...starting with Senegal. They must play to win and cannot rely on Poland getting a result against Japan. Poland is shell shocked, losing in their Eastern European backyard.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

I'm supporting Senegal but Colombia is superior and will beat them. Colombia made easy work of the same team Senegal barely defeated and their best player (James) appears to be on form. Ideally Poland beats Japan by 2 and a draw between Senegal and Colombia is enough to advance them both but Poland is going to be in Ibiza mode during their last game.
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

Heliopolis wrote:I'm supporting Senegal but Colombia is superior and will beat them. Colombia made easy work of the same team Senegal barely defeated and their best player (James) appears to be on form. Ideally Poland beats Japan by 2 and a draw between Senegal and Colombia is enough to advance them both but Poland is going to be in Ibiza mode during their last game.
You think Poland can beat Japan?
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

mate wrote:Colombia oozes class. Tier 1 South American side. Great generation. Everything it takes for a deep run.

They just have to prove it...starting with Senegal. They must play to win and cannot rely on Poland getting a result against Japan. Poland is shell shocked, losing in their Eastern European backyard.
Colombia can make the semis if they win the group. Winner of their group has an easier path to the semis than the runner up.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Cellular wrote:

Na yam?

Senegal matches up with Colombia... Senegal can neutralize what Colombia does well.
Chair...............these folks don't know that no 2 matches are ever the same.

I got my lessons during 1986 WC with the Danish dynamite team. In their group matches, they beat Germany 2-0(effortless), blew away Uruguay 6-1 :woot: and collected maximum points with a win against Scotland.
Their 2nd rd match was against Spain and I was bragging to my friends(all were for Brazil) that my adopted team will kill off Spain.

Anyway, it ended in a ROUT....................Spain won 5-1 with Emilio 'the vulture' Butragueño scoring 4 goals :woot: .
That was the day I learnt that no 2 matches are ever the same.
Last edited by zee on Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
asabe
Egg
Egg

Post by asabe »

Colombia played very well in this game against Poland. Senegal will have to be on top of their game to get a result (Draw will do). Japan is better than people are giving them credit, they will probably beat Poland.
“love the life you live. live the life you love.” Bob Marley
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Heliopolis wrote:I'm supporting Senegal but Colombia is superior and will beat them. Colombia made easy work of the same team Senegal barely defeated and their best player (James) appears to be on form. Ideally Poland beats Japan by 2 and a draw between Senegal and Colombia is enough to advance them both but Poland is going to be in Ibiza mode during their last game.
.........and that means what.
England struggled against Tunisia (2-1), Belgium blew Tunisia away (5-2).....the same Belgium could only manage a 3-0 win against Panama, while England could have scored 10 or more goals if they wanted.

1 plus 1 is not always 2 in football.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

zee wrote:
England struggled against Tunisia (2-1), Belgium blew Tunisia away (5-2).....the same Belgium could only manage a 3-0 win against Panama, while England could have scored 10 or more goals if they wanted.

It would help if you typed less and stopped to use what is left of your remaining brain cells to process information in front of you.

The point is that Colombia is coming in hot while Senegal has not been very strong in its 2 games. Colombia has the momentum, experience, and is stronger on paper. Also, they are entering the game trying to win while Senegal is seeking to avoid a loss. That is always dangerous.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Heliopolis wrote:Colombia made easy work of the same team Senegal barely defeated and their best player (James) appears to be on form.
Senegal barely defeated Poland? What game were you watching? They were cruising in that game, just like Colombia was in theirs. Poland made it look a bit respectable with their late goal, but that's it.

Also - that's not how game work.

The players Senegal has on the field are every bit as good as Colombia's.
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

soothsayer wrote:We have never beaten an South american team in the world cup!

Who is we?
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

I concur. Blinding display by Colombia.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Heliopolis wrote:
zee wrote:

It would help if you typed less and stopped to use what is left of your remaining brain cells to process information in front of you.

The point is that Colombia is coming in hot while Senegal has not been very strong in its 2 games. Colombia has the momentum, experience, and is stronger on paper. Also, they are entering the game trying to win while Senegal is seeking to avoid a loss. That is always dangerous.
You are wasting your time.
You cannot expect Zee to digest simple information normally. Afterall, according to him, he is the FOUNDER of the world acclaimed 'ZIAFS'(Zee Institude of Advanced Footballing Studies). You know the well know affiliate of Trump University.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Heliopolis wrote:
zee wrote:

You are a daft 'football-know-nothing' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .............like Argentina is 'stronger on paper' :lol: than Iceland and Germany is 'stronger on paper' :lol: than Mexico.
Oh, I forgot that Brazil too is 'stronger on paper' :lol: :lol: that the Swiss.

Do you really ...........think? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by zee on Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Cellular wrote:
Rawlings wrote:Senegal will not make it
All our hope lies with Naija
Colombia is like playing a West African team.

Senegal will play well.
Senegal will play well offensively, I have no doubt. It is their ability to not chop more goals than Columbia that will be their problem.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Raptor
Egg
Egg

Post by Raptor »

zee wrote:
Completely agree. Football is not mathematics.

Completely agree. Football is not mathematics. Every game is different. Colombia are not all that superior to Senegal to consider the game a foregone conclusion. It's not like we are comparing Germany and Haiti. They played a 2-2 draw in 2014 with Senegal coming from two goals down, albeit in a friendly. IF Senegal get their game plan right they can at least get the draw they need. Poland had to play an open game today which helped Colombia. Senegal do not need to.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Raptor wrote:
zee wrote:
Completely agree. Football is not mathematics.

Completely agree. Football is not mathematics. Every game is different. Colombia are not all that superior to Senegal to consider the game a foregone conclusion. It's not like we are comparing Germany and Haiti. They played a 2-2 draw in 2014 with Senegal coming from two goals down, albeit in a friendly. IF Senegal get their game plan right they can at least get the draw they need. Poland had to play an open game today which helped Colombia. Senegal do not need to.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

From what I'm reading here it sounds like Senegal is the defending WC and ACN champion favoured to win this year's WC as well. You can spin things all you want but they are the underdogs vs Colombia. Hopefully they can pull off a positive result and advance.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Heliopolis wrote:From what I'm reading here it sounds like Senegal is the defending WC and ACN champion favoured to win this year's WC as well. You can spin things all you want but they are the underdogs vs Colombia. Hopefully they can pull off a positive result and advance.
........and according to your reasoning, Colombia are the 'defending WC and South American champions' ...right?

I can't believe what I'm reading here. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

zee wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Na yam?

Chair...............these folks don't know that no 2 matches are ever the same.

I got my lessons during 1986 WC with the Danish dynamite team. In their group matches, they beat Germany 2-0(effortless), blew away Uruguay 6-1 :woot: and collected maximum points with a win against Scotland.
Their 2nd rd match was against Spain and I was bragging to my friends(all were for Brazil) that my adopted team will kill off Spain.

Anyway, it ended in a ROUT....................Spain won 5-1 with Emilio 'the vulture' Butragueño scoring 4 goals :woot: .
That was the day I learnt that no 2 matches are ever the same.
So true...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

zee wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:From what I'm reading here it sounds like Senegal is the defending WC and ACN champion favoured to win this year's WC as well. You can spin things all you want but they are the underdogs vs Colombia. Hopefully they can pull off a positive result and advance.
........and according to your reasoning, Colombia are the 'defending WC and South American champions' ...right?

I can't believe what I'm reading here. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some post oga Zee you ignore.Did not most here call the group before ball was kick that Colombia and Poland will make second round?Same folks that book Argentina to top group D before the ball was even kick....Colombia open nyash against Japan not too long ago.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Poland 0 Vs Colombia 1....

Post by Siddonlook11 »

asabe wrote:Danny Welbeck's Dad worked with the UN..Was posted in South America, not sure the country though.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

What are you saying ? The man play away match ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates