Diego Maradona demands meeting with Argentine team

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Diego Maradona demands meeting with Argentine team

Post by marko »

Share this page
Former Argentina midfielder Diego Maradona
Diego Maradona, who helped Argentina win the 1986 World Cup, has attended their first two group games in Russia
Diego Maradona has requested a meeting with Argentina's players before their final World Cup group game on Tuesday.

After losing to Croatia, the two-time winners must beat Nigeria to have any chance of reaching the last 16.

Maradona is "furious and upset" and criticised Argentine Football Association president Claudio Tapia.

"It cost us too much to be where we are for Croatia to hit us for three goals and to leave with our arms crossed without putting a foot in," he said.

Maradona, the Golden Ball winner as Argentina won the 1986 World Cup, said he "would love" to meet coach Jorge Sampaoli's players and would take several of his former team-mates with him.

"We're going to defend our honour," he told Venezuelan TV channel Telesur.

"I'm furious and very upset inside, because anyone who has worn that shirt can't see it being trampled like that by a Croatian team that isn't Germany, that isn't Brazil, that isn't Holland or Spain.

Argentina team worst ever - Ardiles
We cloud Messi's brilliance - Sampaoli
"But there is a guilty party and the culprit is the president of the AFA. Everyone just accepted it when Sampaoli came in with computers, with drones, with 14 assistants.

"I think there is a total lack of authority on Tapia's part."

'If we didn't raise it, we'd be hypocrites'

Tapia was at a news conference on Sunday with midfielder Javier Mascherano, who denied there was a rift between Sampaoli and the players.

Although Sampaoli has sought the opinion of his players, Mascherano, 34, dismissed reports it was a 'revolt'.

"We talked about football to help us," he said. "The best technicians ask the players for advice too because we decide on the field.

Lucas Biglia, Javier Mascherano and Claudio Tapia
Mascherano attended a news conference with team-mate Lucas Biglia (left) and AFA president Claudio Tapia (right)
"The relationship with Sampaoli is totally normal, but if we feel uncomfortable, we will raise it. Otherwise we would be hypocrites.

"The opposite would be to harm the team, we must seek the collective benefit - we have 23 in the squad."

Mascherano made his 145th international appearance during the Croatia defeat, which left the 2014 runners-up with just one point so far having drawn with Iceland.

"We are not playing well and we take charge of the results," added the former West Ham and Liverpool player who left Barcelona for Hebei China Fortune in January.

"The coach is the one who gives us the tools to be comfortable alone on the field but you have to talk. It happens in all places, even Barca.

"He wants to know what happens to you on the field to be able to make decisions. They are basic soccer concepts."
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Diego Maradona demands meeting with Argentine team

Post by marko »

Tuesday is shaping out to be the game of the world cup!
Last edited by marko on Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

marko wrote:Tuesday day is shaping out to be the game of the world cup!
I see Argentina playing the last game of their lives on Tuesday... The Super Eagles should be well prepare for this encounter and be ready to make use of all available opportunities and openings that comes their way... TAKE NO PRISONER please Dear Super Eagles.

Colins Udoh please come up with your analysis of how and whom to use this time... We must throw everything at the Argentine so they can start respecting us from then all...
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

The guy should shut it abeg. Didn't Germany hand his a$$ to him 4-0 in South Africa?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Rawlings wrote:Naija in trouble

Why? Is it because of the meeting your short breda from another continent wants to have with his country men? Their confusion has just started... Bredas please sit down and enjoy the game on Tuesday...God willing you will join us to celebrate.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Vindave wrote:
Why? Is it because of the meeting your short breda from another continent wants to have with his country men? Their confusion has just started... Bredas please sit down and enjoy the game on Tuesday...God willing you will join us to celebrate.
Messi has Ghanaian DNA
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Maradona will mess things up,he’s a legend but no Coach and once he speaks the Coach will feel sidelined (hopefully)!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Group of life
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Ghana man dey talk and person dey listen to am. Rubbbish
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Rawlings wrote:
Vindave wrote:
Messi has Ghanaian DNA
Reason why they should be more afraid because we will always make life unbearable to short strikers...
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Argentina has been a poor team for the past couple of years. They can't just become better overnight. If we just play our game and eliminate mistakes, we will win easily. The key to the game for us in staying disciplined and not making mental mistakes. They have star players, but WE ARE THE BETTER TEAM!!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

marko wrote:Share this page
Diego Maradona, who helped Argentina win the 1986 World Cup, has attended their first two group games in Russia
Diego Maradona has requested a meeting with Argentina's players before their final World Cup group game on Tuesday.

After losing to Croatia, the two-time winners must beat Nigeria to have any chance of reaching the last 16.

Maradona is "furious and upset" and criticised Argentine Football Association president Claudio Tapia.

"It cost us too much to be where we are for Croatia to hit us for three goals and to leave with our arms crossed without putting a foot in," he said.

Maradona, the Golden Ball winner as Argentina won the 1986 World Cup, said he "would love" to meet coach Jorge Sampaoli's players and would take several of his former team-mates with him.

"I'm furious and very upset inside, because anyone who has worn that shirt can't see it being trampled like that by a Croatian team that isn't Germany, that isn't Brazil, that isn't Holland or Spain.

"But there is a guilty party and the culprit is the president of the AFA. Everyone just accepted it when Sampaoli came in with computers, with drones, with 14 assistants.

Tapia was at a news conference on Sunday with midfielder Javier Mascherano, who denied there was a rift between Sampaoli and the players.

Although Sampaoli has sought the opinion of his players, Mascherano, 34, dismissed reports it was a 'revolt'.

"We talked about football to help us," he said. "The best technicians ask the players for advice too because we decide on the field.

Mascherano attended a news conference with team-mate Lucas Biglia (left) and AFA president Claudio Tapia (right)
"The relationship with Sampaoli is totally normal, but if we feel uncomfortable, we will raise it. Otherwise we would be hypocrites.

"The opposite would be to harm the team, we must seek the collective benefit - we have 23 in the squad."

Mascherano made his 145th international appearance during the Croatia defeat, which left the 2014 runners-up with just one point so far having drawn with Iceland.

"We are not playing well and we take charge of the results," added the former West Ham and Liverpool player who left Barcelona for Hebei China Fortune in January.

"The coach is the one who gives us the tools to be comfortable alone on the field but you have to talk. It happens in all places, even Barca.

"He wants to know what happens to you on the field to be able to make decisions. They are basic soccer concepts."
Please post the URL.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

1naija wrote:Argentina has been a poor team for the past couple of years. They can't just become better overnight. If we just play our game and eliminate mistakes, we will win easily. The key to the game for us in staying disciplined and not making mental mistakes. They have star players, but WE ARE THE BETTER TEAM!!
This!
The pressure is on Argentina, not on us.
They have to come at us. They have to take the risks.

If we stay disciplined, and take our chances (and there will be chances galor), we've got this!
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote:Argentina has been a poor team for the past couple of years. They can't just become better overnight. If we just play our game and eliminate mistakes, we will win easily. The key to the game for us in staying disciplined and not making mental mistakes. They have star players, but WE ARE THE BETTER TEAM!!
:agree:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

They have players who can win them the match. As a team, if we cut out the errors, we match up well with them.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

theYemster wrote:The guy should shut it abeg. Didn't Germany hand his a$$ to him 4-0 in South Africa?
Abeg respect my guy :thumb: Germany will do that to anyone.But Croatia wiring them like that in a game they should have even end with 9 men and beat silly like 6-0
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Cellular wrote:
marko wrote:Share this page

Please post the URL.
It was on bbc sports

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Now Aguero faces been dropped for the Tuesday clash

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... li-go.html

Marko
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Why are we worried about Argentina? They're rightfully at the bottom of the table with 1 point and 4 goals conceeded. We need Tryronne and Moses to start the game and just continue where Croatia stopped.

We should unleash Kelechi, Moses and Musa on them and finish them off, they're done as far as I'm concerned.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

mastermind wrote:Why are we worried about Argentina? They're rightfully at the bottom of the table with 1 point and 4 goals conceeded. We need Tryronne and Moses to start the game and just continue where Croatia stopped.

We should unleash Kelechi, Moses and Musa on them and finish them off, they're done as far as I'm concerned.

:lol: