"NAIJA"

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
"NAIJA"

Post by 1naija »

Didn't Lord Obasanjo tell us not to use that word in reference to Nigeria? It seems the team has adopted the word and are now using instead of Nigeria.

While I don't have any problem with the word on fans jerseys, I must say I did not like it on the official training jersey for the players. I want to see the word NIGERIA on our players jerseys, not NAIJA!

What do you think?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg
Re: "NAIJA"

Post by Shownoja »

1naija wrote:Didn't Lord Obasanjo tell us not to use that word in reference to Nigeria? It seems the team has adopted the word and are now using instead of Nigeria.

While I don't have any problem with the word on fans jerseys, I must say I did not like it on the official training jersey for the players. I want to see the word NIGERIA on our players jerseys, not NAIJA!

What do you think?
Two ways to look at it boss. On the one hand, I agree with no slang on the official kit, on the other hand, it's a play on hip culture, which if used properly can generate income to the national teams for years to come. On that front, I think its a welcome development.
To stop trying is to start dying
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

1naija wrote:Didn't Lord Obasanjo tell us not to use that word in reference to Nigeria? It seems the team has adopted the word and are now using instead of Nigeria.

What do you think?
Why don’t you read the idea behind having the word on the jersey before complaining. I tire for you guys.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

muzines wrote:

What do you think?
Why don’t you read the idea behind having the word on the jersey before complaining. I tire for you guys.

educate us nau, haba, na fight?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

ANC wrote:
muzines wrote:

What do you think?

Are you paying attention to the mugu?
seloweizer
Egg
Egg

Post by seloweizer »

And your name is 1-“Naija”..

Buran Uba!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Look who is Here Again!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

seloweizer wrote:And your name is 1-“Naija”..

Buran Uba!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I also have reservations about Naija being on our official kits instead of Nigeria.
Would Nike put Blighty on England's official kit?
I am happy
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Buran Uba!!!
1N admitted his moniker was a typo. "DIVIDED" was accidentally left out between "1" and "Naija" :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

ANC wrote:
muzines wrote:

What do you think?

[/video]

[/video]

achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

[/video]
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

Has anyone ordered from here before?

https://hypeing.com/nigeria-world-cup-jersey-2018
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

I actually would prefer the name of the country be changed from NIGERIA to NAIJA. That would make it authentic than this "Niger Area" of a name!!
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Buran Uba!!!

And this is what brought you out of hibernation?

Murds, please send Abubak .. I mean seloweizer back to never never land he came from. :mad: :mad: :veryangry:
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:Has anyone ordered from here before?

https://hypeing.com/nigeria-world-cup-jersey-2018
Site looks legit but where I would back off is there is no offline contact information.

That for me is a huge warning. Also with the info that you provide, who is that going to?

See what info comes up when you google for hypeing.com reviews. I wouldn't sign up to the website.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Dammy wrote:I also have reservations about Naija being on our official kits instead of Nigeria.
Or Chicano on official Mexico jersey and Uncle Sam on team USA jersey.

Again, I have no problem with the "Naija" on fans kits, but it should not be the official representation of Nigeria, which is the case when it's on the players official Jersey. This was purely for Nike's benefit and shows that the Nigerian Government do not pay attention to things like this.
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

goke313 wrote:
[/video]

[/video]

:clap: Niii...ice.
Brilliant piece, I've one complaint, but the filmmaker's taste in (real) Afrobeat and Afrofunk is impeccable :clap:

I taya for Nike, they did everything but make enough product (and make the warm-up jacket :P ) available. The employees that put this campaign together are too mush. As hesitant as I am to say it(before they think they can repeat this themselves with haphazard preparation), bravo to Pinnick and the NFF for having the courage to go along. God knows if this failed, he would have been dragged and seriously piece-ised.
Last edited by Kneedeep on Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Dammy wrote:I also have reservations about Naija being on our official kits instead of Nigeria.
...if they ask for it. Whatever that means anyway :???:
A printer print what you ask for, or else you get your money back :biggrin:
seloweizer
Egg
Egg

Post by seloweizer »

1naija wrote:

Buran Uba!!!

Murds, please send Abubak .. I mean seloweizer back to never never land he came from. :mad: :mad: :veryangry:
1N
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :smile:
My man!!!
Muderators will ban you if you ever say the word “Abubakarette” :mrgreen:

Buran Uba!
Look who is Here Again!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

seloweizer wrote:
1naija wrote:

Buran Uba!!!

1N
My man!!!

Buran Uba!

:rotf: My brother, how you dey? Long time.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

What do you think?
another waste to time thread.. geeze man, i know the heat so far is crazy, but go sit by the pool and refresh your head
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
seloweizer
Egg
Egg

Post by seloweizer »

1naija wrote:
seloweizer wrote:
1naija wrote:

Buran Uba!!!

1N
My man!!!

Buran Uba!

Yes oh!
Good man! It’s been a while. I will be in Houston in mid July. Will look you up if you are around. I did not go to Russia this year. So much conflict in schedule.
Look who is Here Again!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

seloweizer wrote:
1naija wrote:
seloweizer wrote:
1naija wrote:

Buran Uba!!!

1N
My man!!!

Buran Uba!

Yes oh!
Good man! It’s been a while. I will be in Houston in mid July. Will look you up if you are around. I did not go to Russia this year. So much conflict in schedule.
No wahala.