BBC prediction for Nigeria VS Argentina

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BBC prediction for Nigeria VS Argentina

Post by jette1 »

Odas wrote:
marko wrote: Thought Nigeria were over cautious against Croatia, its like they did not want to commit men and lose shape or get caught in a quick counter, at the same time, Croatia have some world class midfielders and you have to respect that!

Well if Nigeria do not attack, they will be coming home in that molue DC9, attack right from the 1st whistle, this will make argentina know we mean business as well
Yes, we were! I wish we can do it over. Contrary to what some Forumers claimed or think, then Croatians were NOT better than we were in our game with them.

The dilemma of attacking/ not attacking is even higher NOW than it was in the first game given that we now know exactly how many points we need to move ahead to knockout stage unlike first game when points /permutation were still open ended.
There is need to be even more cautious about conceding off counters or conceding off over-defending( parking the bus). So whatever be the case we need to take whatever they give us because they critically need to score more than we do since a goalless draw puts us through ie with Iceland felled by the Croats.
IN naija: all dis ya talk about atak! atak! atak!! no go work soooohhh it fit be suicidal
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Mr. Piffington wrote: It's always going to be shameless and bias reporting. People all over social media predicted Iceland would beat Nigeria and I wondered what world they were living in. Nigeria has far more tournament experience than Iceland plus the fact that Iceland never really played African competition at that level before lead me to question where this conclusion what Iceland would beat Nigeria came from.
Bro I can understand people picking Iceland over Nigeria. At the last Euros Iceland qualified undefeated from its group ahead of eventual champs Portugal, and beat England. For this world cup, they qualified ahead of the same Croatia that convincingly konked us a few days earlier in a match in which we played very poorly. And Iceland as at then had yet to lose in the group stages of both tournaments it had competed in.

It's neither shameless or biased. It made perfect sense.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

galoise wrote:This oyinbo people massa!! I just listened to Radio Foot on RFI; they briefly touched on grp D as they were trying to fig. out how it goes for France the next round. At no point did they consider Nigeria qualifying! The discussion was Argentina or maybe Iceland! I am sitting here listening and going uhmmm Nigeria has 3 pts, Argentina- 1: Sooooooo... any who, up to Naija to get out there & expose Argentina even more.
Argentina is going home tomorrow. Nigeria 1 Argentina 0.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

joplass wrote:
galoise wrote:This oyinbo people massa!! I just listened to Radio Foot on RFI; they briefly touched on grp D as they were trying to fig. out how it goes for France the next round. At no point did they consider Nigeria qualifying! The discussion was Argentina or maybe Iceland! I am sitting here listening and going uhmmm Nigeria has 3 pts, Argentina- 1: Sooooooo... any who, up to Naija to get out there & expose Argentina even more.
Argentina is going home tomorrow. Nigeria 1 Argentina 0.

It would be nice to see SE beat a South American team
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

theYemster wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote: It's always going to be shameless and bias reporting. People all over social media predicted Iceland would beat Nigeria and I wondered what world they were living in. Nigeria has far more tournament experience than Iceland plus the fact that Iceland never really played African competition at that level before lead me to question where this conclusion what Iceland would beat Nigeria came from.
Bro I can understand people picking Iceland over Nigeria. At the last Euros Iceland qualified undefeated from its group ahead of eventual champs Portugal, and beat England. For this world cup, they qualified ahead of the same Croatia that convincingly konked us a few days earlier in a match in which we played very poorly. And Iceland as at then had yet to lose in the group stages of both tournaments it had competed in.

You need to study more science; let me narrow it down for you; 1) unconscious intentionality theory, 2) implicit Bias theory

I'snt Poland ranked # 8 in the world - going by that your shameless who beat whom in UEFA or Euros nonsense

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

jette1 wrote:
theYemster wrote:

You need to study more science; let me narrow it down for you; 1) unconscious intentionality theory, 2) implicit Bias theory

I'snt Poland ranked # 8 in the world - going by that your shameless who beat whom in UEFA or Euros nonsense
I said it makes perfect sense why some would pick Iceland over Nigeria. I didn't say it meant Iceland would definitely beat Nigeria. It still all comes down to playing on the green grass as we saw in both late games yesterday. Yes Poland was ranked highly and was protected to progress but didn't. Hence my point. Even here on CE (and all around Nigeria) many wrote off the SE after the Croatia match. Keep sentiment outta this.

Learn to understand shhiiit before pontificating son.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

theYemster wrote:
jette1 wrote:
theYemster wrote:

I said it makes perfect sense why some would pick Iceland over Nigeria. I didn't say it meant Iceland would definitely beat Nigeria. It still all comes down to playing on the green grass as we saw in both late games yesterday. Yes Poland was ranked highly and was protected to progress but didn't. Hence my point. Even here on CE (and all around Nigeria) many wrote off the SE after the Croatia match. Keep sentiment outta this.

Learn to understand shhiiit before pontificating son.

Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

marko wrote:Nigeria v Argentina (Tuesday, 26 June at Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg. 19:00 BST)

I still think Argentina will make it out of Group D, despite their disastrous result against Croatia.

I am not surprised at the reports the Argentina players have had a meeting and called for manager Jorge Sampaoli to be sacked - they were all over the show tactically in that game.

So, something could be brewing there, and it might just bring the best out of Lionel Messi and Sergio Aguero.

I think Argentina will win, but whether that will be enough for them is out of their hands.

Nigeria's fate is under their own control, and they may feel they only need a point to progress.

I am not sure that will help them here. They are at their best if they go on the attack, but they seem unwilling to do so.

Lawro's pre-tournament picks to go through: Argentina (winners) and Croatia (runners-up)

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44594386

This Mark Lawrenson is nuts , somebody please remind him Argentina cant be group winners as they only have 1 point, they beat Nigeria, they get 4 points! Croatia has 6 points already and are through

Only Nigeria can win the group if tbey score a lot of goals against Argentina, this is shameless reporting, i feel its one thing to be biased, but its another thing if mathematics is your problem!
Me think you got that wrong brother, Lawrenson prediction of Argies topping the group was before the tournament started. PRE-TOURNAMENT.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Argentina will play 3-4-3 formation against our 3-5-2. My prediction?

Nigeria 4
Argentina 1

Argentina have carried too much dross for sometime and a root and branch overhaul is due. We will help them hit that much-needed bottom!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

marko wrote:Nigeria v Argentina (Tuesday, 26 June at Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg. 19:00 BST)
Nigeria's fate is under their own control, and they may feel they only need a point to progress.

I am not sure that will help them here. They are at their best if they go on the attack, but they seem unwilling to do so.
That's the koko of the matter.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Goldleaf wrote:Argentina will play 3-4-3 formation against our 3-5-2. My prediction?

Nigeria 4
Argentina 1

Argentina have carried too much dross for sometime and a root and branch overhaul is due. We will help them hit that much-needed bottom!
Oga Goldleaf, I think 2 red cards might help Nigeria in this match. 1 to the GK and 1 to the CD.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

As we wait to play Nigeria, the team appear lost, the rumours about internal conflicts spreading, and no one knows what is going on inside the head of Messi – one of the best-known men in the world but whose silences no one can interpret. If Argentina think their problems will be resolved by appealing to courage and fight, their emotional and footballing collapse will follow and with it their discipline. We will finish the third game with someone sent off, a red card to add to the disaster.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... i-football
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Rawlings wrote:BBC are USUALLY spot on with their prediction
BBC do well
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar