BBC prediction for Nigeria VS Argentina

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
BBC prediction for Nigeria VS Argentina

Post by marko »

Nigeria v Argentina (Tuesday, 26 June at Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg. 19:00 BST)

I still think Argentina will make it out of Group D, despite their disastrous result against Croatia.

I am not surprised at the reports the Argentina players have had a meeting and called for manager Jorge Sampaoli to be sacked - they were all over the show tactically in that game.

So, something could be brewing there, and it might just bring the best out of Lionel Messi and Sergio Aguero.

I think Argentina will win, but whether that will be enough for them is out of their hands.

Nigeria's fate is under their own control, and they may feel they only need a point to progress.

I am not sure that will help them here. They are at their best if they go on the attack, but they seem unwilling to do so.

Lawro's pre-tournament picks to go through: Argentina (winners) and Croatia (runners-up)

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44594386

This Mark Lawrenson is nuts , somebody please remind him Argentina cant be group winners as they only have 1 point, they beat Nigeria, they get 4 points! Croatia has 6 points already and are through

Only Nigeria can win the group if tbey score a lot of goals against Argentina, this is shameless reporting, i feel its one thing to be biased, but its another thing if mathematics is your problem!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
charlie
Egg
Egg
Re: BBC prediction for Nigeria VS Argentina

Post by charlie »

He predicted Iceland will beat Nigeria, so personally I am happy he didnt pick us, because his vote is a kiss of death.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

If we qualify, they will say Argentina team was poor.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

marko wrote:Nigeria v Argentina (Tuesday, 26 June at Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg. 19:00 BST)

I still think Argentina will make it out of Group D, despite their disastrous result against Croatia.

I am not surprised at the reports the Argentina players have had a meeting and called for manager Jorge Sampaoli to be sacked - they were all over the show tactically in that game.

So, something could be brewing there, and it might just bring the best out of Lionel Messi and Sergio Aguero.

I think Argentina will win, but whether that will be enough for them is out of their hands.

Nigeria's fate is under their own control, and they may feel they only need a point to progress.

I am not sure that will help them here. They are at their best if they go on the attack, but they seem unwilling to do so.

Lawro's pre-tournament picks to go through: Argentina (winners) and Croatia (runners-up)

This Mark Lawrenson is nuts , somebody please remind him Argentina cant be group winners as they only have 1 point, they beat Nigeria, they get 4 points! Croatia has 6 points already and are through

Only Nigeria can win the group if tbey score a lot of goals against Argentina, this is shameless reporting, i feel its one thing to be biased, but its another thing if mathematics is your problem!
I think he predicted them winning the group before the tournament kicked off but his prediction of the match tomorrow, is more recent.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

marko wrote:Nigeria v Argentina (Tuesday, 26 June at Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg. 19:00 BST)

Pre-tournament! And Nigeria topping their group is outta their hands.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

theYemster wrote:

Ok pre-tournament predictions sounds fair, what makes him think Nigeria will be unwilling to attack? If you dont attack, you dont score
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

marko wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Ok pre-tournament predictions sounds fair, what makes him think Nigeria will be unwilling to attack? If you dont attack, you dont score
Maybe because we were unwilling to attack in the first game and first half of the second?
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Thought Nigeria were over cautious against Croatia, its like they did not want to commit men and lose shape or get caught in a quick counter, at the same time, Croatia have some world class midfielders and you have to respect that!

Well if Nigeria do not attack, they will be coming home in that molue DC9, attack right from the 1st whistle, this will make argentina know we mean business as well

Marko
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

All that is on paper

SE are coming to battle

We bleed Green White Green

its do or die

Up SE
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

BBC are USUALLY spot on with their prediction
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

It's always going to be shameless and bias reporting. People all over social media predicted Iceland would beat Nigeria and I wondered what world they were living in. Nigeria has far more tournament experience than Iceland plus the fact that Iceland never really played African competition at that level before lead me to question where this conclusion what Iceland would beat Nigeria came from.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
bigbrovar
Egg
Egg

Post by bigbrovar »

Rawlings wrote:BBC are USUALLY spot on with their prediction
There weren't in the first 2 predictions though.
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

So why have they been spot off when it comes to Nigeria?
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

Hey Charley sorry your team did not make the World Cup.

You are too short to join the Nigerian wagen :taunt:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Just like they predicted Ghana would qualify for the World Cup ba? :taunt:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

This is the only group in which all four teams can still qualify as at kickoff of the final group games.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

theYemster wrote:This is the only group in which all four teams can still qualify as at kickoff of the final group games.
Well I should say the only group in which no team has been eliminated yet going into the final group matches.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Sir V wrote:If we qualify, they will say Argentina team was poor.
Like we care. Gimme a team of junior "hey yous". So long as we move to the next stage.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

charlie wrote:He predicted Iceland will beat Nigeria, so personally I am happy he didnt pick us, because his vote is a kiss of death.
Except a few, they usually don't pick us to win anything. When we win, it is usually seen as having won by luck. Anyway, I hope the Super-eagles will serve these people their deserved HUMBLE PIES.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

marko wrote: Thought Nigeria were over cautious against Croatia, its like they did not want to commit men and lose shape or get caught in a quick counter, at the same time, Croatia have some world class midfielders and you have to respect that!

Well if Nigeria do not attack, they will be coming home in that molue DC9, attack right from the 1st whistle, this will make argentina know we mean business as well
Yes, we were! I wish we can do it over. Contrary to what some Forumers claimed or think, the Croatians were NOT better than we were in our game with them.
Last edited by Odas on Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Professor Rawlings: Yes BBC personnel are as said by you when they are talking about your people, not the Super-eagles. Anyway, tomorrow is about to be here, we have our FATE in our hands.
galoise
Egg
Egg

Post by galoise »

This oyinbo people massa!! I just listened to Radio Foot on RFI; they briefly touched on grp D as they were trying to fig. out how it goes for France the next round. At no point did they consider Nigeria qualifying! The discussion was Argentina or maybe Iceland! I am sitting here listening and going uhmmm Nigeria has 3 pts, Argentina- 1: Sooooooo... any who, up to Naija to get out there & expose Argentina even more.