Ighalo Is Such a Waste Pipe

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ighalo Is Such a Waste Pipe

Post by Vindave »

Bobo Dan wrote:Rohr is part of the fault as well
Iwobi should have been substituted into the game well before Argentina’s 2nd goal
I’m so pissed with Rohr right now
I won't blame the coach either, at least he gave him IGHALO a chance, he got two good chances to put us up but NO he chose to waste them...... He is not just brilliant in front of game.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Rohr is useless....picking players from China...there is fvking reason he was let go by Watford ...
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

airwolex wrote:The first chance he snatched at...the second was well saved...bad luck to us!
First chance is gilt edged keeper stranded defender struggling to recover, put any Argie player there and it’s a goal. Even their goalie will at least hit the target.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Rohr is useless....picking players from China...there is fvking reason he was let go by Watford ...
nothing wrong with him picking JMO
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

maceo4 wrote:
airwolex wrote:The first chance he snatched at...the second was well saved...bad luck to us!
First chance is gilt edged keeper stranded defender struggling to recover, put any Argie player there and it’s a goal. Even their goalie will at least hit the target.
I think he played better than Kelechi nevertheless. At least he got the chances.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Non-scoring striker oshi.

If I hear pim about hold up play, I will wire somebody a slap. What nonsense!!
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

2drama wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:Rohr is useless....picking players from China...there is fvking reason he was let go by Watford ...
Then you are a moron.
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

deanotito wrote:Non-scoring striker oshi.

If I hear pim about hold up play, I will wire somebody a slap. What nonsense!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

KPOM
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Just listen to Okocha and the Argentine soccer analysts taking on Ighalo.... the man said that Hand ball is not a pk and that the ball fell well for Ighalo to bury that behind the net..

Okocha agreed with him and said, if you miss empty net like this you don't blame your opponents for anything.... that He had good chances to school but failed.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

I don't know what Odion Ighalo brought to the team. That guy is the worst player at the World Cup. Hold up play my arse. This is on Rohr for bringing him on.
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

OKOCHA though said, he won't blame the players for the loss but he believed that Moses should have dealt with that space that caused the second goal.... that he has seen him dealing with such balls week in week out in Chelsea.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

We had to pick our poison. In 1st half, we saw the supposed better finisher in Ihenacho but he could not impact the game as he had poor touches and kept getting physically bullied.

2nd half - Ighalo was the breath of fresh air we needed in attack. One who bullied/harassed the Argie backline but when it came to finishing, he let us down pretty bad.. Should have moved Musa to CF and Ighalo wide maybe..

Just stinks right now!!
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Vindave wrote:OKOCHA though said, he won't blame the players for the loss but he believed that Moses should have dealt with that space that caused the second goal.... that he has seen him dealing with such balls week in week out in Chelsea.
Agreed but why did we have such space in the 1st place. Didn't we watch how Iceland were very compact in the box 18.. There should have been zero space for Argentina to exploit on a low cross.. :curse: :curse:
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

I have repeatedly said on this forum that Ighalo cannot strike the ball. Today, two of the best chances in any game to win it, and he blew both. He is evidence you can be a forward but not a striker. I wish him well in his future endeavors.
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 2drama »

Benedict Iroha wrote:
2drama wrote:
Then you are a moron.
I might not be a JMO fan boy

but JMO selection was important for this team

Not sure about Igahlo's selection as he is not goal poacher

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Yeah he’s just not the one!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Rohr's timing for substitutions has to be called into question. A reactive rather than a proactive coach he did nothing to neutralise Argentina's incessant
attack until they score then he brought on Iwobi and Simy. There's a reactive coach for you. I blame Rohr.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

analyzer wrote:We had to pick our poison. In 1st half, we saw the supposed better finisher in Ihenacho but he could not impact the game as he had poor touches and kept getting physically bullied.

2nd half - Ighalo was the breath of fresh air we needed in attack. One who bullied/harassed the Argie backline but when it came to finishing, he let us down pretty bad.. Should have moved Musa to CF and Ighalo wide maybe..

Just stinks right now!!
Ighalo out. We're not moving forward with him.

I say Sadiq Umar is our best bet as a centre forward. And Kelechi Nwakali as the new midfield maestro.

Also - sack Rohr and give the job to a local coach.
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

marutimon wrote:
analyzer wrote:We had to pick our poison. In 1st half, we saw the supposed better finisher in Ihenacho but he could not impact the game as he had poor touches and kept getting physically bullied.

Just stinks right now!!
Ighalo out. We're not moving forward with him.

I say Sadiq Umar is our best bet as a centre forward. And Kelechi Nwakali as the new midfield maestro.

Also - sack Rohr and give the job to a local coach.
I think we should leave Rohr to continue... though i agreed with you that his changes came to late, too reactive instead of proactive as u rightly put it.... Bringing Ighalo in too was a good idea just that the guy couldnt save his life just has Musa did to his name.

Though that hand ball should have been a PK call... even the high foot booting of Ihenacho head is another PK call. I think there is still some conspiracy against African teams in major tournaments like this...
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Vindave wrote:
Bobo Dan wrote:Rohr is part of the fault as well
Iwobi should have been substituted into the game well before Argentina’s 2nd goal
I’m so pissed with Rohr right now
I won't blame the coach either, at least he gave him IGHALO a chance, he got two good chances to put us up but NO he chose to waste them...... He is not just brilliant in front of game.
So the player is not good enough...but you don't blame the one person who decided he was. Who do you blame then...me?

You sound like the AKB mongs. :) :D
Last edited by theYemster on Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

airwolex wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
I think he played better than Kelechi nevertheless. At least he got the chances.
Didn't play better, the second half when the back four tires Kelechi would have come into his own esp. with Argentina chasing the game....I would have brought on Iwobi for Etebo second half.... then look at taking Kelechi off for Ogu towards the end
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Just stinks right now!!
Exactly how I saw it. He should have scored the first goal but if Kelechi had remained, would we have gotten any chances? The Argentines had him in their pocket all game.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Enyi wrote:
airwolex wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Didn't play better, the second half when the back four tires Kelechi would have come into his own esp. with Argentina chasing the game....I would have brought on Iwobi for Etebo second half.... then look at taking Kelechi off for Ogu towards the end
Kelechi turns into a different animal once he gets a sniff on goal. I still would have prefered keeping him on than letting Ighalo waste chances. Else I would have given Simy a chance.

Ighalo is the first player out of the Super Eagles squad. There is no future with him. I'm betting on Sadiq Umar.