In every World Cup since 2004, we lost off the field except

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
In every World Cup since 2004, we lost off the field except

Post by truetalk »

1998 and 2018.

2018 was the first time in a World Cup that I saw a Nigerian team ever lose because of a coach's actions (more inaction and dumbness) which pretty much amounted to sabotage against his team and pretty much killed our chances.

If Pinnick & the NFF don't fire this guy, then they are mediocre and should not be running our football.

We had off the field issues in 1998 with Kanu and Amokachi doing their Abacha runs before the tournament, but that team was going nowhere with injuries to Dosu, Shorunmu, Shakpoke & even Kanu and Amokachi who tried to play through injury anyway & with guys like Equavoen who has become passengers by 2006. We were always going to get found out.

How can anyone with half a brain start Idowu over Ebuehi in this game given all we had seen in this tournament? The only change you make (forget the late inconsequential ones with 5 minutes) was to go was to bring in a non-scoring Ighalo. We were getting tired and beginning to seat too deep & this dummy sat on his substitutions. I was screaming in the stadium that this coach is determined to bury us.

Idowu had no business starting. Iwobi should have come on in the 2nd half, at the very least to further stretch the Argies and keep them honest.

This dude does not know our players. His condescending attitude towards our abilities and expectations completely blinds any vision of whatever we can achieve on the global stage if we play to our strengths.

We have to set standards. A first round exit cannot be acceptable. That contract extension makes no sense. He should be fired asap.

Oloye & co, BTW I am ready for you today. Just come out with it.
Last edited by truetalk on Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
oscar52
Egg
Egg
Re: In every World Cup since 2004, we lost off the field exc

Post by oscar52 »

truetalk wrote:1998 and 2018.

2018 was the first time in a World Cup that I saw a Nigerian team ever lose because a coach's actions (more inaction and dumbness) pretty much amounted to sabotage against his team and pretty much kill our chances.

If Pinnick & the NFF don't fire this guy, then they are mediocre and should not be running our football.

We had off the field issues in 1998 with Kanu and Amokachi doing their Abacha runs before the tournament, but that team was going nowhere with injuries to Dosu, Shorunmu, Shakpoke & even Kanu and Amokachi who tried to play through injury anyway & with guys like Equavoen who has become passengers by 2006. We were always going to get found out.

How can anyone with half a brain start Idowu over Ebuehi in this game given all we had seen in this tournament? The only change you make (forget the late inconsequential ones with 5 minutes) was to go was to bring in a non-scoring Ighalo. We were getting tired and beginning to seat too deep & this dummy sat on his substitutions. I was screaming in the stadium that this coach is determined to bury us.

Idowu had no business starting. Iwobi should have come on in the 2nd half, at the very least to further stretch the Argies and keep them honest.

This dude does not know our players. His condescending attitude towards our abilities and expectations completely blinds any vision of whatever we can achieve on the global stage if we play to our strengths.

We have to set standards. A first round exit cannot be acceptable. That contract extension makes no sense. He should be fired asap.
KPOM X100. He did the SE in today. He saw what the Ebuehi sub did against Iceland yet he started Idowu against better opposition. If he is not fired then the whole NFF is complicit. These journeymen coaches have been mostly bad for the SE lately.
Last edited by oscar52 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

First round exit is not good enough, Rohr should be fired now
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

Terrible coach.. He was saying the names of where the Arg players play at the post match conference. Is the NFF ok with this kind of behavior by the Nigeria’s National team coach? Are our players at the world cup to watch Messi and co play and “learn” from them instead of compete? I’ve never heard of crap like that. This dude had 2 subs left at 87 mins of play still didn’t use them. I mean wtf? What was he going to do with the subs? He has to go! Simple.. It’s time to have one of the young ex-internationals take over. I mean for all the good preparations and money wasted on him, we still lost to a trash Argentina team.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?