Messi says Argentine were just lucky

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Messi says Argentine were just lucky

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Messi admits that Argentina just got lucky yesterday as Maradona is rushed to hospital after collapsing - See more at: https://goo.gl/AqZL2L

OK. Time to get this match out of our collective systems abeg my people. Nothing we can do as what is done is done. All we can do is start preparing for 2022 now.

Should we have got a second penalty yes, Should Ighalo have buried that chance yes but to be fair on the balance of play, Argentina probably deserved the victory. They had way too much possession for my liking.

I cannot remember a Nigerian team ever being dominated in that way before. Traditionally, we have at least 48% of possession, whatever the circumstances, whoever we are playing.

As we move towards 2022, it is time for Gernot Rohr to start the search for world class talent. With the likes of Kelechi Nwakali, Simeon Nwankwo, Tyronne Ebuehi, Oghene Etebo, Francis Uzoho, etc coming through, the future actually looks bright.

I just hope that by 2022, most of these guys have established themselves as world class players. We then need them augmented with a world class leftback and one of two world class strikers.