It is time for Emmanuel Amuneke!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: It is time for Emmanuel Amuneke!

Post by Sir V »

bully12 wrote:I'm absolutely dumbfounded that some SE fans want this depraved fool retained as SE coach . This man overtly stymied SE from reaching round 16. The man needs to be thoroughly investigated and prosecuted to the fullest extent to the law for his overt malfeasance . Please can somebody tell me why the fool refuse to substitute the players when it apparently clear to everybody that Nigeria needed fresh leg to repel the relentless attacks from Argentina . The man practically did nothing waiting for the worst to happen. I believe something funny happened behind the scene .
So the man told our strikers not to take their chances against Argentina?
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

green4life wrote:
Odas wrote:
OJI wrote:As per Gernot Rohr,

"Rohr has revealed that one of the players who started the game against Argentina was not fit and had he known, he would not have started the player in the decisive World Cup group game."

This from a coach who had day-to-day interactions with his players.

Frigging excuses!!
Assuming the article or rumor is true, I will NEVER invite the player to the team again if I were coach Rohr. The player is not reliable and he is SELFISH.
My guess is the player might have been Kelechi. I'm not sure though.
It's kelechi. He said he had to take off said player at half time. I wonder what Rohr meant by being unfit though.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohsee wrote:
OJI wrote:Do you want me to post his resume? Are you familiar with his exploits?

FYI, he is a member of the FIFA Technical Study Group for this world cup to help provide tactical insights.
https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/fifa ... -world-cup

Among those selected are Carlos Alberto Parreira, Bora Milutinović, Alessandro Nesta, Andy Roxburgh, Marco van Basten.

Cerebral footballers and /or coaches. Open to constructive criticism.

You think he was selected because he knows how to cut okra?
Chief, who is "Emmanuel Amuneke?" You went to the FIFA site, you saw they spelled his name "Amunike," yet you come here and spell it "Amuneke?" You think FIFA is like Nigerians who do not pay any attention to detail? I cannot understand why Nigerians insist on calling the man "Amuneke," even people who should know better having seen the man during his playing days wear a jersey with the name "AMUNIKE" clearly spelled on the back. And we wonder why we do so poorly in everything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Amunike
Emmanuel Amunike (often misspelled Amuneke; born 25 December 1970) is a Nigerian retired footballer who played as a left winger
Boss, OJI is correct.
I believe Emmanuel himself corrected the world just a few years ago, informing us that the correct spelling of his name is actually AMUNEKE.
His whole playing career we've known him as Amunike but this, he says, was wrong.
I will dig out the thread where he was quoted and the matter discussed...
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Here we go, I was similarly put right on Nov 11, 2015. :D

Damunk wrote:
Polly wrote:
Robotnik wrote:
Damunk wrote:Guys, please...its Amunike, not Amuneke.
If we as Nigerians can't get the names of our heroes right, how can we expect foreigners to?
I am guessing the various spellings of his name has to do with it's interpretation. Someone shed more light on this. This is a serious inquiry.
No, the correct version is Amuneke. In a recent FIFA.com report, the coach himself clarified it, saying it was misspelled when he was a player, but that the correct spelling is Amuneke.

Here is the report: http://tinyurl.com/olka2ko
Thanks! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
This is news to so many people!!!
In closing, Amuneke clarifies one of the questions that football fans have been asking: Is his name spelt with an 'e' or an 'i'? “I think the name was simply misspelled during my playing days and since then it had stayed. Throughout my playing days I was using 'Amunike', but now, I prefer to use the correct name: 'Amuneke'.”
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=266546&p=4651675
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bully12 wrote:I'm absolutely dumbfounded that some SE fans want this depraved fool retained as SE coach . This man overtly stymied SE from reaching round 16. The man needs to be thoroughly investigated and prosecuted to the fullest extent to the law for his overt malfeasance . Please can somebody tell me why the fool refuse to substitute the players when it apparently clear to everybody that Nigeria needed fresh leg to repel the relentless attacks from Argentina . The man practically did nothing waiting for the worst to happen. I believe something funny happened behind the scene .
There you go, mouthing off and shooting from the hip again. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
What about if the player was Kelechi as many have suggested?
He was substituted!
Engage your thinking faculties before you put your mouth in gear.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

My people forget that pre-Rohr, we were not qualifying for even Nations Cups. When Amuneke comes in and does another Siassia or Oliseh, it will be there same people baying for his blood and calling for his head.

Like Father Tiko and Clemence Westerhoff, Gernot Rohr needs at least five years in charge of the team. Replacing him now will just be plain dumb!
kdk4christ
Egg
Egg

Post by kdk4christ »

I prefer Salisu Yusuf
*JESUS LOVES YOU* More Than You Know

"When we die we leave behind us all that we have, and take with us all that we are."
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Amunike will be great, with Rohr we are going nowhere.......... let’s use our Nigerian ex foreign internationals .
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

osita wrote:Amunike will be great, with Rohr we are going nowhere.......... let’s use our Nigerian ex foreign internationals .

Based on what?
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:My people forget that pre-Rohr, we were not qualifying for even Nations Cups. When Amuneke comes in and does another Siassia or Oliseh, it will be there same people baying for his blood and calling for his head.

Like Father Tiko and Clemence Westerhoff, Gernot Rohr needs at least five years in charge of the team. Replacing him now will just be plain dumb!

How dumb? A coach with lack of quality decisions, our playing style is kick and follow was horrible a time, calling our players average, excuses that our team is still young and the team is for 2022, his decision to bring in Igahlo when we needed to defend or hold possession, we are going nowhere with this manger.

Nations cup will not qualify with this manger simple
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

osita wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:My people forget that pre-Rohr, we were not qualifying for even Nations Cups. When Amuneke comes in and does another Siassia or Oliseh, it will be there same people baying for his blood and calling for his head.

How dumb? A coach with lack of quality decisions, our playing style is kick and follow was horrible a time, calling our players average, excuses that our team is still young and the team is for 2022, his decision to bring in Igahlo when we needed to defend or hold possession, we are going nowhere with this manger.

You are entitled to your opinion but please keep it civil young man. Do not abuse the freedom of speech you have here.

We are heading in the right direction with Rohr. What he needs to do now more than anything else is to step up his scouting. This squad lacked the quality required to compete at the highest level.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

osita wrote:

Thank God Almighty you are nowhere near the coaching crew!
Everything you've just said indicates you should remain strictly in front of your TV screen. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
osita wrote:Amunike will be great, with Rohr we are going nowhere.......... let’s use our Nigerian ex foreign internationals .

Based on what?
I wouldnt mind Amuneke being drafted into the team now as an assistant with a view to taking over in a few years.
YNWA
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Damunk wrote:
There you go, mouthing off and shooting from the hip again. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
He was substituted!
So you sincerely believe the guy refusing to substitute when the team definitely needed it is normal . How come I'm not surprise this is emanating from you. Birds of identical plumage congregate to the nearest proximity . Depraved physician.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

heavyd wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Based on what?
I wouldnt mind Amuneke being drafted into the team now as an assistant with a view to taking over in a few years.

THAT'S AN OLD LINE, AND...

...it doesn't work anymore. The clowns in the NFA used to pick a Nigerian as an assistant to "understudy" the foreign coach. You'd think at some point, the Nigerian assistant would take over. But it never happened. Amunike doesn't need to understudy anybody.
Bell
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

If it were a Nigerian coach. Will you ask for 5 years?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bully12 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
He was substituted!
So you sincerely believe the guy refusing to substitute when the team definitely needed it is normal . How come I'm not surprise this is emanating from you. Birds of identical plumage congregate to the nearest proximity . Depraved physician.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Chineke! See correct grammar!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The NFF frustrate Nigerian coaches by not paying them on time and not providing what they need. They meddle in their running of the team. Why did Sunday Oliseh resign?

Rohr last 8 games is 2 wins, 5 losses and 1 draw. He gets everything he wants. They are asking for patience. 5 years lol.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The same Amunike that kidnapped Kelechi iheanacho after the 2013 U17 WC because FC Porto wanted the player and it took Kelechi's father to cry out in the media before the boy was released?
Have we also quickly forgotten that Oliseh's first invitations as SE manager was to invite 2 of his brother's players, who didn't merit the invites?
The key for me is integrity and wether we retain Rohr or get a new coach, we must not go back to the days of dubious invitations again.
I am happy
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
osita wrote:

You are entitled to your opinion but please keep it civil young man. Do not abuse the freedom of speech you have here.

We are heading in the right direction with Rohr. What he needs to do now more than anything else is to step up his scouting. This squad lacked the quality required to compete at the highest level.
You are clueless young boy, Gohr has achieved what in the past? U have never played the game and no interest in the local league but you are supporting the notion that Gohr should continue on what bases?
Nothing ? Or rather based on your clueless experience on the English game which you are applying on an African team.

You have no ideal or bases on why Gohr should continue with managing SE. at this stage keshi has done much more that Gohr and that is something you can never understand.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

We need to invest in Nigerians. From the grassroots up until coaches.

I still think Nigeria would have been where Mexico is, had they just kept with Amodu in 2002 and 2010.

Rohr was OK, but not reactive enough. Hence I think we need to stick with our Nigerians only plan going forward. We had world class footballers, why can't they be world class coaches?
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

I don't give a damn who replaces the football-coward......JUST SACK HIM!!!!!
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

In 4 years, the same people will say sack Amunike, never ending story
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko